Mar 06, 2018, 08:56 AM
Has anybody put the Aspire with two TT25s in a FMS A10
I would appreciate it, if there were some pictures of the fit out put up here .
Regards
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2018, 03:22 PM
Quest for Speed!!!

LED lights on trigger

can anyone PLEASE help me how to wire the 6 LED light set to the Aspire board , so its synced with the trigger .

I know there is a way, but I am bummed without any instructions ..Please help me, direct me on how to wire them up

Mike
Apr 28, 2018, 02:21 PM
EUREKA(I FOUND IT)

After all these years and ideas about how to sync the motor with the sound card, I finally got the answer. I have the Spectrum DX8G2
Many people use a switch to arm their motors. This is a safety thing. Well this is how you sync the system.
Go to the Throttle Cut Off and initialize. Select what switch that will be used as the cutoff switch. Adjust the trim it so that when the switch is on the 0 position the motor is unarmed. Meaning, even if you give throttle the throttle will not work.
Go to subtrim and select position 1 on your switch. Adjust your subtrim until the motor and sound card start at the same time.
So now when your switch is on 0 position the system is off. Flip it to position 1 it works like at start button and your throttle will go to the position where both the motor and the sound card are activated.
Apr 28, 2018, 10:11 PM
Deleted, found my answers. Thanks
Last edited by Flyrc67; May 06, 2018 at 09:48 AM.
Apr 29, 2018, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermilo
EUREKA(I FOUND IT)

After all these years and ideas about how to sync the motor with the sound card, I finally got the answer. I have the Spectrum DX8G2
Many people use a switch to arm their motors. This is a safety thing. Well this is how you sync the system.
Go to the Throttle Cut Off and initialize. Select what switch that will be used as the cutoff switch. Adjust the trim it so that when the switch is on the 0 position the motor is unarmed. Meaning, even if you give throttle the throttle will not work.
Go to subtrim and select position 1 on your switch. Adjust your subtrim until the motor and sound card start at the same time.
So now when your switch is on 0 position the system is off. Flip it to position 1 it works like at start button and your throttle will go to the position where both the motor and the sound card are activated.
Correction not sub trim adjust travel
May 28, 2018, 11:45 AM
I have an Aspire and four TT-25s that I’m going to incorporate into my new Top Flite Hellcat when it arrives next month. It’s going to be powered with a MONSTER of a motor, the E-Flight Power 360 and 12S.

Was thinking about a mod of using a 4” - 5.25” bass speaker (replacing one of the TT-25s) built into a custom enclosure and projecting forward out of the holes cut into the cowling/dummy engine. I will obviously be using the additional power amplifier for such a setup. All this is experimental of course and with a big 86” wingspan airframe, should be able to handle the weight and all without much of a decrease in flight performance.

Would anyone be willing to suggest a starting place on bass speaker specs that the Aspire could drive as I am not a car audio guy! Could a 4 ohm 35W bass speaker work?? What if my speaker box had passive radiator built in?
Jul 02, 2018, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdevlin
Hey Tom

something to watch out for with those tt25's, it appears there are two batches, so depends on age of stock I suppose, just make sure the positive and negative are correct way around, if fitting to v4.1 it does not matter as the plugs will fit any way around, with aspire they only fit one way, so if you have aspire make sure polarity is correct, if not just tease the points out of the little white connector and swop them around
The instructions that came with my TT-25’s say if connecting two make sure to have positive (red) wires toward inside and negative (black) wires on outside,
(That would mean reversing the polarity on the right channel output of the Aspire card).

I have the Aspire card. Are the instructions that come with TT-25’s specifically for the V.1 card? It doesn’t specify but if that’s the case the instructions need to be updated.
Jul 03, 2018, 12:41 AM
I just read Andrews post 357 where he says it wouldn’t matter really if you install the TT-25’s as per instructions where one is set up in reverse polarity.
So it should be good but next time I’ll hook them up as per the boards polarity.

Paul, I have been corresponding with you (via the mrrcsound website) about the issue with the Aspire I had which turned out to be a bad TT-25.
The reversed polarity should not have caused the TT-25 to burn out. Guess it just went bad as can any electrical/mechanical device.
Last edited by Gahspidy; Jul 03, 2018 at 01:15 AM.
Jul 03, 2018, 07:47 AM
Just for clarification you follow the polarity as indicated on both aspire and v4.1 it needs to be correct or you could damage the board or TT25
Over a year ago there was a small number of TT25 that had the small two pin connections the wrong way around but this just meant teasing the pins out of the connector and swoping over. With aspire the connector block will only fit one way on v4.1 it will go either way.
Just make sure once fitted you are matching the marked polarity on the board
Jul 04, 2018, 09:52 AM
Hello.
Does anybody know if Paul or Andrew are on holidays.
I send an Aspire back to hem and they got it on the 13/6/18
They said that there was nothing wrong with it, but perhaps one of my TT-25 was dragging it down, had I been told to isolate the speakers I would have tried that.
I have been told they are sending it back to me,(with some speakers and heat sinks) but I have not been told if it has shipped or given a tracking number.
They are not answering my emails about whether it has shipped back to me or not.
It had been cutting out at high volume settings
Jul 05, 2018, 06:06 AM
Does anyone have a phone number for Paul or Andrew.
I cannot get an email response
Jul 05, 2018, 12:56 PM
Quest for Speed!!!

whistle ...:(

when i installed in the plane .. the whistle activated when i point the nose down ..no issues..sounded awesome..

now getting ready to maiden and no more whistle... i checked the model and it says Merlin with whistle ... what may have caused? is there any reset or gyro activation? voltage issues or it only activates at full throttle..i was trying her in half throttle ....guns and motor and lights work flawlessly...

.Please help advise

Mike
Jul 07, 2018, 01:28 PM
Mike,

its gyro operated, and you can control its sensitivity by angling the board in the plane, I seem to remember putting increasingly bigger piece of foam under the rear. Once in the model, with gear up, its level, but once gear is down its at quite a steep angle, you will need to experiment, and also ensure the plane knows its diving, and make sure its the correct way around, other wise it will work in a climb

If all else is working, input voltage wont be the issue, however its worth noting with all the things going on in the plane, 3 cells minimum is recommended. Any issues then please report on the customer service inbox

Fireball,

there are no contact phone numbers, Andrew just cant do that. You have received replies on the customer service mail, regrettably it would appear the unit you purchased from hobbyking has either gone back to your friend, or the wrong customer, Andrew will replace, it might be worth checking your operating system in the plane, (tx, leads etc) no faults where found with the unit, but a new one will be coming anyway. If the original tmay still even turn up with your pal.
Jul 19, 2018, 04:41 PM
Quest for Speed!!!

Aspire whistle question on other model sounds

I have a few aspire units and I am using the wright cyclone model for my plane ...but I was wondering if could activate the whistle for that model ..I know that whistle option for aspire is only for merlin engine , but is there anyway I could activate the whistle for the wright cyclone since the board already has the gyro in it

Mike
Jul 19, 2018, 05:25 PM
The whistle will only work with Merlin
And the dB for a Stuka has a siren rest have chatter etc

Quick Reply