NEW - Hobbyking Quanum Chaotic 3D Quad - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 19, 2017, 02:13 PM

Quanum Chaotic software

Wish I had seen some of these post before I bought mine, haven't got it yet. I bought the p&p version along with a turnigy i6s radio. Can anyone tell me how much work I will have to set this up with the radio, is there any software for setting this up included. I have seen a setup program on hobbyking but can't open it .Can anyone post a good copy of the setup software here.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Wayne
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2017, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwt50
Wish I had seen some of these post before I bought mine, haven't got it yet. I bought the p&p version along with a turnigy i6s radio. Can anyone tell me how much work I will have to set this up with the radio, is there any software for setting this up included. I have seen a setup program on hobbyking but can't open it .Can anyone post a good copy of the setup software here.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Wayne
This files in attachments from hobbyking
Don't forget to remove props before any setup
Sep 21, 2017, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nar
This files in attachments from hobbyking
Don't forget to remove props before any setup
Thank you for you help
Sep 29, 2017, 03:48 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It!
I purchased this quad about 6 months ago - mode 2 (PNP) with the intension of flying it on my new DX8 Gen.2 TX. I've plugged in the rx with sat. rx, bound it and did the set up in ACRO mode in order to set the flap settings as displayed in the Quad's manual. Lights come on, bind confirmed - zero sign of life!

On plugging the battery, the FC blinks green several times, then displays a red solid led internally. I'm fairly new to quads - only experienced with RTF toys, but have decades of rc plane/heli experience, and know my way around my TX.

Any Help Please???
Sep 30, 2017, 09:03 AM

Getting pnp version to work

I too had the same problem with my pnp version it would bind but wouldnt arm motors. I contacted hobby king and they said I need to download software and program fc that's not true. What you need to do with your spectrum radio is use a hobby king orange receiver that uses cppm the flight controller is set up that way You bind it to your radio then put the single servo wire that is connected to fc and put it in bind port and don't use any other wires in receiver
Last edited by Sirdrnksalot; Sep 30, 2017 at 09:20 AM.
Oct 22, 2017, 09:59 PM

I got mine working

I finally got my quanum chaotic to bind and arm.
My drama was I was in the sbus port trying to use ibus so I moved it over to the PPM port of my fs X6b RX and away she goes

Silly question but did you assign the aux switches for arming etc?
Technically you dont need the madcow software to arm but arm was on a different aux switch but if you run it you can confirm that RX and TX is all ok

I am using Flysky FS i6x and FS X6B

Greg
Oct 30, 2017, 04:50 PM
A lot of quad for the money, mine is super smooth to fly, big aero's are a walk in the park for this quad, with 300ft loops and smooth rolls, cruises so well infact, that i want to make a medium distance cruiser out of it instead of its intended 3D guise, as some have said it uses the dji slot style prop, but i would love to know if the 9x4 DJI phantom quick fit props would indeed fit these motors, as they would then surely be more efficient? i would also fit a Matek F405 OSD and gps/mag this then opens a RTH option plus many other , hoping it would fly 10 - 14 mins plus on 2700-3300mah or even a 4000 lower C lipo, any body else considering this option?
Nov 25, 2017, 04:49 AM
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/3d-400-quad-rtf-m2.html

Does look like a good promo, what do you think ? 60 pounds sounds like not a lot...
Nov 25, 2017, 09:29 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Yes great deal for sure.
Nov 30, 2017, 11:20 PM
Northwestern U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike00top
A lot of quad for the money, mine is super smooth to fly, big aero's are a walk in the park for this quad, with 300ft loops and smooth rolls, cruises so well infact, that i want to make a medium distance cruiser out of it instead of its intended 3D guise, as some have said it uses the dji slot style prop, but i would love to know if the 9x4 DJI phantom quick fit props would indeed fit these motors, as they would then surely be more efficient? i would also fit a Matek F405 OSD and gps/mag this then opens a RTH option plus many other , hoping it would fly 10 - 14 mins plus on 2700-3300mah or even a 4000 lower C lipo, any body else considering this option?
Just got this quad today. Was thinking of trying Phantom props as well until discovering the motors are all CCW. So only two of the Phantom props would fit. The standard DJI 2312 960 CW/CCW motors would probably work well on this one. I have an extra set and may have to try that someday.

One thing that baffles me is the pitch of the props. The HK ad spec'd 8045. As soon as I saw the props in the Gemfan bag I knew they were much higher pitched than 4.5. Put one up against a 10x9 and the pitch was very similar. Compared them to a Phantom 9450 and they definitely have more pitch. The prop just reads 8A3D. No sizing on the prop or bag. The plan is to use the quad to chase and video fixed wings. No 3D so I'm going to put some 9x4.5's on it and see how it performs.

Tried it out in the yard and it flew well but seemed to need quite a bit of throttle to hover, which would be indicative of high-pitched props. Don't need blazing speed. Just good overall performance. Mounting a camera that's out of view of the props is going to be interesting, though.
Last edited by XionUAV; Dec 01, 2017 at 12:23 AM.
Dec 01, 2017, 10:45 AM
Mine arrived today, just the ARTF version. Info not so easy to come by, I couldn't find info on the channel order as I want to use my FLYSKY i6 and PPM Rx. In the end, I plugged it all in and tried it. Pleased to find that the channel order (as supplied) suits the FLYSKY (AETR). Added the extra two functions for the ARM channel (CH5 on a switch) and the modes switch (three position switch on CH6).
I'm not keen to try the full 3D motor reversing experience just yet, so disabled that mode by setting limits on CH6 to 100% - 0%, so the 3D position does nothing.. Just as well as I snapped a prop whilst fitting and then one more as I took them all off.. I have plenty of 3s batteries, so fitted a set of slow-fly 9x4.7 props hoping that this might be OK on 3s 2200 batteries. So far indoors, it's great. It leaps off the floor on less than 1/2 throttle and hovers well with good, fine control of the throttle... a good start.
Looking forward to a maiden outdoors.
Last edited by Dave80H; Dec 01, 2017 at 10:53 AM.
Dec 01, 2017, 12:23 PM
Northwestern U.S.
How does the pitch of the stock Gemfan blades compare to your 4.7 slow-fly blades? Just curious if I'm the only one thinks the stock blades have a much higher pitch than the advertised 4.5.
Dec 01, 2017, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XionUAV
How does the pitch of the stock Gemfan blades compare to your 4.7 slow-fly blades? Just curious if I'm the only one thinks the stock blades have a much higher pitch than the advertised 4.5.
It must be a difficult thing to spec.. a reversible prop will have a certain pitch one way then a lot different in reverse unless it's at 45 degrees.. There must be some average that can't be seen. Just comparing them, say at 50% along the blade, there's a big difference. Not twice the apparent pitch, but maybe half again. i wasn't able to run the original props, so can't offer an opinion as to the running of each.
Dec 01, 2017, 04:14 PM
Northwestern U.S.
Actually if you look at a propeller and spin it forward and backward, the pitch is the same either way regardless what it is. If it's 4.5 forward then it's the same backward. 8 forward, 8 backward. The main thing about a reversible prop is the edge shape has to be the same dimensions both directions so they're symmetrical and bite the air in the same manner either direction.

Regardless, I'll be using mine with normal props as well. Instead of spending $15 to $20 on decent props I'm thinking of just installing the Phantom motors and props I have extra. The original DJI 9450 props are excellent, really tough and quick release so the quad can actually be stored in it's original box without needing to use a wrench on the props every time.
Dec 01, 2017, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XionUAV
Actually if you look at a propeller and spin it forward and backward, the pitch is the same either way regardless what it is. If it's 4.5 forward then it's the same backward. 8 forward, 8 backward. The main thing about a reversible prop is the edge shape has to be the same dimensions both directions so they're symmetrical and bite the air in the same manner either direction.

Regardless, I'll be using mine with normal props as well. Instead of spending $15 to $20 on decent props I'm thinking of just installing the Phantom motors and props I have extra. The original DJI 9450 props are excellent, really tough and quick release so the quad can actually be stored in it's original box without needing to use a wrench on the props every time.
Yes.... quite right about the direction, my idea of what was happening was wrong.. I hope to fly tomorrow on the HK 9x4.7 props, so will have a good idea of performance, bearing in mind that I'm not looking for racing qualities.

Quick Reply