Aug 07, 2016, 02:31 AM

Don't bother.

Received mine the other day, went with the rtf version. Looked in perfect shape out of the box. Went through the manual and transmitter manual to see which controls they were set up on. Everything was programmed correct in the transmitter. Made sure all controller and reciever connecters on quad were tight. Fired up the transmitter. Plugged in one of my 4s 1800's. Beep boop beep great already bound to the transmitter. Wait for all flashing lights to go solid and flick to arm and see the green light appear on the mad cow, great. (Props and motor nuts off) turn up the throttle slowly and the motors fire up but very unevenly and seems to be slowly spooling up by themselves...hmm. reacts to throttle but motors just not right. Odd I thought so I unplug the quad and reset everything to try again. Same procedure. This time flick to arm. Slowly give throttle and motors spool to a perfect idle and esc's react just how they should in all modes. Alright seems like everything's okay maybe just a startup glitch. Throw on the props n snugged up the nuts. Give it another test while holding it down. Arm it. Throttle. Motors spool to perfect idle put on floor and lift off for a 3 minuet hover in the living room. Cool. Everything seemed great. That was yesterday. Today do the same thing in the morning before going to take it out for the first time. Power up the Trans. Power the quad. Wait. Arm. Give little throttle and all of a sudden the thing has a mind of its own and motors go completely full throttle spinning all over the place and haywire just like the first time. Instantly broke off two prop blades shooting one right into my wall and the other shattering my fingernail in half slicing in my other finger before I could even disarm the thing. I was in complete shock. Needed a few stitches my hand is now messed. I took pictures if I can figure out how to upload them. Anyways. Completely unsafe product. Super brittle shattering propellers. Hobby king you guys need to figure out that controller before it kills someone. Maybe you will get lucky and get one that actually works right but judging from what I have been reading the chances of that aren't too good. I figured out the pics attached a few for you guys. The one blade made it through 1/2" drywall. Parts if the other blade were shattered all about my living room.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2016, 10:00 AM
Ouch!!
I did not purchase the RTF version and mine has never done anything like that. Sorry for your problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayb
Received mine the other day, went with the rtf version. Looked in perfect shape out of the box. Went through the manual and transmitter manual to see which controls they were set up on. Everything was programmed correct in the transmitter. Made sure all controller and reciever connecters on quad were tight. Fired up the transmitter. Plugged in one of my 4s 1800's. Beep boop beep great already bound to the transmitter. Wait for all flashing lights to go solid and flick to arm and see the green light appear on the mad cow, great. (Props and motor nuts off) turn up the throttle slowly and the motors fire up but very unevenly and seems to be slowly spooling up by themselves...hmm. reacts to throttle but motors just not right. Odd I thought so I unplug the quad and reset everything to try again. Same procedure. This time flick to arm. Slowly give throttle and motors spool to a perfect idle and esc's react just how they should in all modes. Alright seems like everything's okay maybe just a startup glitch. Throw on the props n snugged up the nuts. Give it another test while holding it down. Arm it. Throttle. Motors spool to perfect idle put on floor and lift off for a 3 minuet hover in the living room. Cool. Everything seemed great. That was yesterday. Today do the same thing in the morning before going to take it out for the first time. Power up the Trans. Power the quad. Wait. Arm. Give little throttle and all of a sudden the thing has a mind of its own and motors go completely full throttle spinning all over the place and haywire just like the first time. Instantly broke off two prop blades shooting one right into my wall and the other shattering my fingernail in half slicing in my other finger before I could even disarm the thing. I was in complete shock. Needed a few stitches my hand is now messed. I took pictures if I can figure out how to upload them. Anyways. Completely unsafe product. Super brittle shattering propellers. Hobby king you guys need to figure out that controller before it kills someone. Maybe you will get lucky and get one that actually works right but judging from what I have been reading the chances of that aren't too good. I figured out the pics attached a few for you guys. The one blade made it through 1/2" drywall. Parts if the other blade were shattered all about my living room.
Aug 08, 2016, 01:53 AM
Thanks bud. Well only 3 stitches which was good. Nails falling off the other finger. . Nothing happened to the quad but some broken props. I was really excited to get to use it. Obviously the props are still on backorder so not sure what to do. Bought a set of Zeus 8054 3d props to try as well. As I've got everything off the quad I'm arming and disarming the controller and firing up the quad. Same as before. Sometimes it spools up normal and stays that way. Sometimes it spools to a take off speed and then with out doing anything I can hear the motors slowly gaining rpm. When I hit the throttle it still reacts and i can bring the throttle back down but when I do the motors sloowwwwlyyy spool down like they did going up. Just bizarre. Might have to throw a vid on YouTube and I'll post a link.
Aug 08, 2016, 10:44 AM
I know with mine when set in the normal flying mode (Have not tried 3D yet) when I arm it nothing happens but after I have it up and flying and bring it back down that the motors never stop until I disarm it.
Have you hooked it up to the GUI software and checked everything out?
Aug 08, 2016, 12:39 PM
It is normal for the motors to spin at idle with throttle at minimum until disarmed. What I don't like is that if you disarm with throttle stick anywhere but minimum, it doesn't disarm. This is dangerous. You should be able to disarm with the throttle stick anywhere and the motors should stop instantly. That's how every other quad and flight controller on the market works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brlowe
I know with mine when set in the normal flying mode (Have not tried 3D yet) when I arm it nothing happens but after I have it up and flying and bring it back down that the motors never stop until I disarm it.
Have you hooked it up to the GUI software and checked everything out?
Aug 20, 2016, 08:55 PM
my RC. Your info
I agree.. it would indeed be good if the disarm would work regardless of the THR level..

Question for the RTF owners: are there different rates (DR's) setup in the radio by default?
Aug 21, 2016, 09:07 AM
my RC. Your info
Picked me up one of these as well by the way.. Here is my show & tell + a flight demo with it..
Obviously I'll be posting more video's about the quad, and the Madcow FC..

DutchRC - HobbyKing's Quanum Chaotic full 3D quadcopter - Show & Tell! (20 min 26 sec)
Sep 11, 2016, 10:55 PM

Quanum Chaotic 3d

was wondering if any of you have tried or have any idea about different props that work for the quanum choatic 3d
Sep 12, 2016, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rino50502
was wondering if any of you have tried or have any idea about different props that work for the quanum choatic 3d
Propellers of Chaotic (80xx) and XK X350 (8045) are almost identical. It seems to me that the propellers of Chaotic have a slightly larger pitch. Both have a hole 8 mm. and two flats. Propellers of XK X350 simply install on Chaotic motors and propellers of Chaotic install to XK X350 motors very-very tightly. At the moment hobbyking best price on offer 3D propellers for Chaotic. This is stock propellers Gemfan 3D Props. Other suggestions are much more expensive and rarer. You can also search for other propellers 3D quadcopters, such Invertix (Neo 8" 3D props), Leap 3D, JR Ninja 400MR, Hyper 400 (ZealBlades 8" 3D props) and others. Sorry for my english.
Sep 12, 2016, 07:21 AM

Quanum chaotic 3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nar
Propellers of Chaotic (80xx) and XK X350 (8045) are almost identical. It seems to me that the propellers of Chaotic have a slightly larger pitch. Both have a hole 8 mm. and two flats. Propellers of XK X350 simply install on Chaotic motors and propellers of Chaotic install to XK X350 motors very-very tightly. At the moment hobbyking best price on offer 3D propellers for Chaotic. This is stock propellers Gemfan 3D Props. Other suggestions are much more expensive and rarer. You can also search for other propellers 3D quadcopters, such Invertix (Neo 8" 3D props), Leap 3D, JR Ninja 400MR, Hyper 400 (ZealBlades 8" 3D props) and others. Sorry for my english.

I saw the neo 8" 3d props do those have the slot I couldn't tell from the pic.
Sep 12, 2016, 11:08 AM
Perhaps it would be useful:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...31&postcount=2
May 28, 2017, 12:35 PM
Did you ever figure out this issue of motors gaining speed at idle? Having similar issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayb
Thanks bud. Well only 3 stitches which was good. Nails falling off the other finger. . Nothing happened to the quad but some broken props. I was really excited to get to use it. Obviously the props are still on backorder so not sure what to do. Bought a set of Zeus 8054 3d props to try as well. As I've got everything off the quad I'm arming and disarming the controller and firing up the quad. Same as before. Sometimes it spools up normal and stays that way. Sometimes it spools to a take off speed and then with out doing anything I can hear the motors slowly gaining rpm. When I hit the throttle it still reacts and i can bring the throttle back down but when I do the motors sloowwwwlyyy spool down like they did going up. Just bizarre. Might have to throw a vid on YouTube and I'll post a link.
Jun 09, 2017, 11:08 PM
I bought the rtf version and this thing is a grenade.After finally getting the thing to hover at 40% throttle,it launched into a horizontal spin at amazing velocity until I disarmed it.I then, again,idled it at 30% and this time it self initiated a very impressive punch out which I then I again disarmed.After rescuing it from the garage roof,I pulled the battery took it to the neighborhood priest for an exorcism.It now sits to one side ,awaiting a flight controller transplant.Further testing will be conducted in full hockey pads{goalie} or a pillbox in Normandy.
Jul 30, 2017, 07:35 PM
I just got this drone and I'm very frightened of it. Whenever I try to lift off the throttle sticks and it pitches violently to the left. When I try the motors with no props on the controls seem to respond fine. Has anyone any suggestions? Is there away to recalibrate the gyros?
Sep 05, 2017, 06:15 PM
cant leave things stock
I bought this thing and love it :-) its my first Quad... Ive flown fixed wing only ... after about 10 packs Im having a great time with it... I just got a cheap FPV setup Im putting on it... no problems with it at all... Ive mostly been flying it with teh nose away from me and not in 3d mode yet but fly in mode 2 doing flips and rolls... it really moves out... it will cover half a foot ball field in no time flat :-) ... I got dis oriented with it in the sun and had to chop the throttle from about 5 stories up and it landed flat on the grass with no damage at all.. could not be happier for my first quad copter :-) I run 2200mah 40c bats and they last about 5 minutes...
I have broken allot of props learning to fly... all me... the props are brittle but if you chop the throttle or flip the switch close to the ground its no problem... the frame is stupid strong... well worth the $150 shipped to the us ... was here in a week

take care
JAK

Quick Reply