Mar 30, 2016, 08:42 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
New Product

NEW - Hobbyking Quanum Chaotic 3D Quad

Quanum Chaotic 3D Quad - HobbyKing Product Video (2 min 4 sec)

They have PnP and RTF shown....

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Quad_P_P_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...F_Mode_2_.html

Looks fun. Add it to the list of 3d quads. Leap, Invertix, JR Ninja etc.
Last edited by kydawg1; Apr 13, 2016 at 07:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2016, 07:51 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Tempted to order one and see how she does vs my other 3d Quads
Mar 31, 2016, 12:43 PM
Mastering the basics
Think there's any benefit to using their FC over say a Naze32? Asking because I have an S500 that I would love to turn into a "3D" quad.
Mar 31, 2016, 01:12 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Maybe....seems like it has 3 modes built in which is nice.... on naze32 I am not yet familiar with creating the reverse esc programming.... plus you need to have escs able to do quick reversing while under load. It would be interesting to see you experiment... start a thread if/when you try it.
Mar 31, 2016, 07:43 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Quanum Chaotic 3D Quad - Product Profile - HobbyKing Live (7 min 1 sec)
Apr 05, 2016, 06:29 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Has anyone bought/flown one of these yet?
Apr 05, 2016, 08:54 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Some info on the flight controller.....
Quanum MADCOW 3D Multirotor Flight Controller - Product Profile - HobbyKing Live (9 min 51 sec)
Apr 06, 2016, 08:49 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
More FC info
Quanum Madcow Flight Controller - HobbyKing Daily (4 min 46 sec)
Apr 07, 2016, 08:51 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
They just dropped the price.... I may need to order one now.
Apr 13, 2016, 07:03 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Well I received my RTF version....arrived fast.

Overall pretty nice set for the price...Quad and Orange TX.

Quad carbon has one issue.... one arm has horrible carbon surface divots and it has been sanded (bad carbon Factory fix attempt) - Big FAIL. Come on Hobbyking, you need to be better than this. Save a few cents to force a customer like me who has spent many many thousands of dollars to think about spending my money elsewhere. That is a bad business case any way you look at it.

To HobbyKings credit - I contacted HK and they want me to send the quad in for eval, fix or replace (they do not have spare parts yet). I said NO....I will fly as is and buy a replacement later. I do not need the hassle of shipping this thing.

Second issue found - the HORRIBLE quality 3D props which are the most brittle props I have ever owned. Snapped one blade pressing them onto the motor shaft. Since I had no spares, I removed the other 3 and broke a second one. These are an issue - do yourself a favor and do not use the stock props. they are a huge risk.

I will bore out some NEO V2 props to fit the motor shafts. I use these on my Invertix. They are great props. Strong and durable. They only break on hard crashes, not in your hand during install.

OK - so now I need to mod my props and change the battery connector. Then I can give her a maiden.

Launch pains are apparent here...still for the price, it is pretty nice.
Apr 14, 2016, 09:21 AM
I am thinking about purchasing one of these!
Really grateful for the updates.
Please keep them coming.
Apr 15, 2016, 12:05 AM
JDZ
JDZ
Mine arrives in a couple of days. I'll see how it goes. Shame about the props, I ordered some spares so hopefully I'll be ok.

I hope they bring out parts soon & an option for a clear canopy that we can paint - I'm not a big fan of the stock colours.
Last edited by JDZ; Apr 15, 2016 at 05:11 PM.
Apr 15, 2016, 09:17 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Yep agreed...clear with custom colors would be good. I always like red or orange on the nose.

Today I soldered a Dean's and used a Dremel sanding drum to open up the battery slot on the bottom canopy piece. This will allow for much easier battery load and unload.

Also will be changing the screws holding the bottom canopy... most were stripped from the factory. HOBBYKING... you guys need to do better. Very sloppy.
Apr 19, 2016, 06:15 AM
JDZ
JDZ
Well I got mine today.

I have to say I am really impressed. I was lucky - my carbon is all flawless. The whole thing looks well made and is better than I was expecting. Even the canopy looks nicer in real life. The finish on it is all perfect.

If it flys as good as it looks - it could be a winner.
Apr 19, 2016, 10:10 AM
I ordered one of the mad cow flight boards can't get it to work at all.....

Quick Reply