May 29, 2019, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercando
Feather breaker at sdr tonight. Also Keith (KDT) ended up with sweet T Breaker Kit

Thanks Gaza
85 MPH on a dive with the Feather Bkr. Lee says I cheated. I say I don't care

Still one of my Favs Gaza

Cheers

Tom Provo
to remove ads between posts
Jun 02, 2019, 11:12 AM
Tobias (aka glider hangaround)
Soon to be thrown out in the wind... longing for a great blow day now...
Jun 09, 2019, 10:41 AM
Tobias (aka glider hangaround)
And now maidened! Nice speed and agility even in a not so strong wind and smaller slope. Really loved when it whooshed by up close. Landed without a scratch even tough only rock and trees in the LZ. Really pleased with it!
Jun 09, 2019, 11:14 AM
Nice! Soon the air over Sweden will be crowded with Breakers .

I maidened my new heavy (640g auw) in 12m/s last week. Fastest thing Iíve ever flown. So much fun! Second flight ended full speed head on into the rock. Fuse split in glue seam and wing came through - but hardly a scratch on the parts. Just glue together again. And of course - the rock broke . Love it!

Skickat frŚn min iPhone med Tapatalk
Jun 10, 2019, 06:45 AM
Rock Breaker
Thread OP
Tom
85mph front face with a feather breaker. I agree with lee you cheated or are just to skilled. Best you give some flying lessons to Lee, need a better coach next NZ trip.

Fluffracka
Big smile here hearing of another happy maiden. Get lars to stand in LZ, if he doesn’t catch it his body is softer than rocks.

Lars
I love the first pick, pure money shot....
I’m glad you used weak glue, so much easier to fix.
640g in 24knts would just be wicked sweet. Max power and still well short of when you need to think about penetration.
Jun 30, 2019, 05:52 AM
Cg question. I fly both my breakers with cg at 68mm-ish. It needs a little up-trim to go level but flies great. I tried moving cg backwards yesterday adding weight in tail in my heavy (640g). Flying in 10-12m/s it became less responsive?!? I was prepaired for twitchy madness but got more of a lame duck... Will continue research today (weather app says lots of wind all week) after minor repair. Heavy RB is not kind to my landing rocks...

Skickat frŚn min iPhone med Tapatalk
Jul 01, 2019, 08:03 AM
Rock Breaker
Thread OP
Lars
I’m flying light ones at 70mm cg. Had to add a small stone to nose the other day a gram or 2 it was a bit too lively.
Looking at the amount of lead on the tail I’m very surprised it wasn’t twitchy madness. Becoming less responsive seems odd, check you didn’t change rates. I do get sometimes the plane holds its nose up to much and the speed does come on. They feel dead at that time. This normally is elevator trim isn’t matching the lift. Trim nose down to get speed, the extra speed will generate more lift than nose up angle of attack.
Jul 15, 2019, 04:15 AM
Rock Breaker
Thread OP
I had plans to prep more cores to layup again but I got stuck oooggggling the red and white one that just came out of mould. Ooogggling and beer is good enough for tonight.
Jul 20, 2019, 09:59 PM
Rock Breaker
Thread OP

Help

Just popped this wing out. Doing a batch of internal paint jobs.
My problem is fuse cores have changed so doing a matching paint job on them could look crap. Also the new hatch is just a skin so canít paint it to match.

What do you think of one of these fuses on wing?

Options I can look at is a clear hatch.
Speckle finish paint similar to blue hatch.
All black fuse and hatch.

Any suggestions welcome.

Gaza
Jul 24, 2019, 08:16 AM
I love those psychedelic paint jobs! Is it impossible to get just one of the colors from the wing on the fuse? As on photo I understand your dilemma. None of the fuselage colors really match and then you end up with black or white...

As for the internal paint jobs Iíve been trying this on a number of bagged wings with no success. I get loads of bubbles under the skins and I really canít understand why? Do you have any trick? Special glass?
Jul 25, 2019, 03:43 AM
Rock Breaker
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Brinck
I love those psychedelic paint jobs! Is it impossible to get just one of the colors from the wing on the fuse? As on photo I understand your dilemma. None of the fuselage colors really match and then you end up with black or white...

As for the internal paint jobs Iíve been trying this on a number of bagged wings with no success. I get loads of bubbles under the skins and I really canít understand why? Do you have any trick? Special glass?
I ran out of depron that I could heat form easy into cores. The XPS foam I use now fore cores doesnít heat form very well so now cut 4 parts that bend less to make the core. The join line will show so some loss of paint job on fuses. Iíll do a test fuse soon to see how I can manipulate the paint job to match the wing and hide the join lines.

Internal paint I use acrylic water based paint. You can get from craft or office supply shops the stuff kids used or airbrush shops have better range and quaility. They also have coloured sealer to go under Fluro paints. My basic process is white sealer thin coat then colour thin coat. You want thin coats that almost allow the epoxy to penetrate though to the foam and bond to the foam. Donít be worried if paint job is a bit dull the clear layer of epoxy gives it shin and brilliance. Good also to use a surfboard epoxy that is clear.

Your bubbles could be gassing of paint, maybe leave longer to dry. Water based acrylic only needs a few hrs.

Donít forget keep paint thin.
Jul 25, 2019, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazasmith
My basic process is white sealer thin coat then colour thin coat. You want thin coats that almost allow the epoxy to penetrate though to the foam and bond to the foam. Donít be worried if paint job is a bit dull the clear layer of epoxy gives it shin and brilliance. Good also to use a surfboard epoxy that is clear.

Your bubbles could be gassing of paint, maybe leave longer to dry. Water based acrylic only needs a few hrs.

Donít forget keep paint thin.
Thx for advice - Iīll give it some more tries. As qouted - I really like that shine and brilliance that the internal paint jobs gives. My light RB still shines
Aug 03, 2019, 10:36 PM
Rock Breaker
Thread OP
A full bench just needing a bit of finishing work.
Aug 21, 2019, 10:24 PM
Glen
almost full bench....

thanks Gaz

Quick Reply