Rock Breaker - Page 5 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 21, 2016, 04:44 AM
Rock Breaker
gazasmith's Avatar
Pulled a tail out of mould today. It has a beautiful shine just a bit of porosity still.
Some 25g cloth should turn up tomorrow this I'm told will fix my porosity issues.
Should be laying up a wing and tail tomorrow before going to 40th party..
Gonna be a crazy weekend trying to fit plane building parties fixing my sons car soccer and hangovers. Best not forget some flying time.

Ps be careful of fake emails. My sister just got hit with encryption virus, lucky she had backups not plugged into computer at the time. Always look at email address before opening. Don't click any links if your not certain who mail is from. I got email today that was from a friend but was odd. After investigation we think a hacker has got into a email list looking to sucker money.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2016, 04:13 PM
Registered User
minirotor's Avatar
Flew my repaired[again] Sunbird yesterday--interesting
Flying a 1kg+ bird after the 550g RB.

To make matters worse--wind was SSE and only apx14kts-struggle-struggle.

e-mails;
Yep-only open those you know the 'exact' senders address[some look pretty close & use the same name--ex, fake PayPal e-amils and fake bills]
Even clicking on adds/info that appear around the eadges of you web page can lead to problems too.
And definitely do not open attachments unless you are 'really' sure who it is from.

25g cloth[thats apx 1oz]!!!!!--OK, 1st lay up

I thought you were always in party mode--LOL

Weekend wind is its odd self;
Sat pm looks like Buzz flying.
Sun am maybe OK--and strong again in afternoon.
Last edited by minirotor; Apr 22, 2016 at 03:26 AM.
Apr 23, 2016, 04:57 AM
Rock Breaker
gazasmith's Avatar
Ken
Looks like my rejects are heading south.
You'll have to wait for the next reject before you get another freebie.
Hopefully next wing is perfect so your wait will be longer
Apr 23, 2016, 07:54 AM
Registered User
minirotor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazasmith
Ken
Looks like my rejects are heading south.
You'll have to wait for the next reject before you get another freebie.
Hopefully next wing is perfect so your wait will be longer
I might swap Steves glider for something I've got....
Patch it up and stick a motor on it(should get some good speed then)
Do some 'electrically indused' DSing...LOL
Ahhhhh......so much to do (so many mods to make!!!!!)

UPDATE
Deal done.
Passed the Birdie on (ready to bind and fly with battery)
Oh....and the noise system so Steve can drive Johno nuts at next ridge fly
Last edited by minirotor; Apr 24, 2016 at 04:32 AM.
Apr 24, 2016, 03:43 AM
Rock Breaker
gazasmith's Avatar
Still waiting for new clothe so did some prep work on foam cores. Pics of tops and bottoms
Apr 24, 2016, 04:36 AM
Registered User
minirotor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazasmith
Still waiting for new clothe so did some prep work on foam cores. Pics of tops and bottoms
Hypnotic bottom designs?
Get dizzy and fall over on the slope--LOL
Apr 26, 2016, 08:12 AM
Rock Breaker
gazasmith's Avatar
New clothe finally got here, layed up a wing this afternoon hopefully it's good. Was hard work to much breeze. 30-40knts wish it was a better angle would be awesome carving the slope up. Be a good test too see if ballast was needed.
Apr 27, 2016, 06:57 AM
Always push for more speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirotor
Like the clevis to servo arm!
What servos did you use?

M
hi mini rotor these are the servos I've put in https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=44838


I've been itching to get out and maiden my RB but the weather lately hasn't been in my favour on min its raining the next its sunny and dead calm
Apr 27, 2016, 07:01 AM
Always push for more speed.
have you thought of painting the moulds instead of on the foam one of the guys who i fly with has made a stronger reverb and his finish is near mirror with really bright paint..
Apr 27, 2016, 07:41 AM
Rock Breaker
gazasmith's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDrain
have you thought of painting the moulds instead of on the foam one of the guys who i fly with has made a stronger reverb and his finish is near mirror with really bright paint..
My tails are coming out almost perfect clear they look and feel sweet.
The wing I popped out today is close to perfect. A few blemishes from dirt blowing around I need a shed or at least there not to be 30knts bellowing.

You have rain or no wind I have rain or wind from wrong direction. Frustrating 20-30knts and no slope suitable to carve up.
Apr 27, 2016, 03:50 PM
Registered User
minirotor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDrain
hi mini rotor these are the servos I've put in https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=44838


I've been itching to get out and maiden my RB but the weather lately hasn't been in my favour on min its raining the next its sunny and dead calm
Thanks for the info.
Are they mostly what you use in your DS planes?

Will be interesting to see how the RB glider handles some speed.
Last edited by minirotor; Apr 27, 2016 at 07:20 PM.
Apr 27, 2016, 09:34 PM
Always push for more speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirotor
Thanks for the info.
Are they mostly what you use in your DS planes?

Will be interesting to see how the RB glider handles some speed.
This is the first time I've used these servos... They seam to be Prity good so far have next to no slop with a 15mm horn on them.... I have turnigy 777 in the jw60 I'm rebuilding ATM and they are also Prity good although they may have a bit of slop now since they have been in a fue crashes


Looks like it's going to be blowing ne this arvo if it stays the way it blowing ATM and the rain has gone
Apr 28, 2016, 07:22 AM
Rock Breaker
gazasmith's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDrain
This is the first time I've used these servos... They seam to be Prity good so far have next to no slop with a 15mm horn on them.... I have turnigy 777 in the jw60 I'm rebuilding ATM and they are also Prity good although they may have a bit of slop now since they have been in a fue crashes


Looks like it's going to be blowing ne this arvo if it stays the way it blowing ATM and the rain has gone
15mm horn I'm using 9mm horn at the moment will reduce to 7mm on next build. The top DS boys all say as short as possible for best resolution.
Apr 30, 2016, 06:37 PM
Rock Breaker
gazasmith's Avatar

Rock Power


Was bored waiting for glue to dry so fitted a moter to the nose.
Fished up at 780g about 90g of that is lead on the tail.
Somehow I fitted a 3S 1000ma Lipo in.
Maiden tomorrow or this afternoon of the cliff.

Sailing and beer time.
Apr 30, 2016, 08:17 PM
Registered User
minirotor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazasmith
Was bored waiting for glue to dry so fitted a moter to the nose.
Fished up at 780g about 90g of that is lead on the tail.
Somehow I fitted a 3S 1000ma Lipo in.
Maiden tomorrow or this afternoon of the cliff.

Sailing and beer time.
1st glance looked like you had a 'nitro' motor in it[noise and speed--that would really p...ss Johno off]...but just the tree branch in background.

Might need a higher kv motor with a smaller dia prop[6x6] to get top speed up.

Going to go out of sight on the ridge!!!!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools