Rock Breaker - Page 3 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 08, 2016, 05:26 AM
Registered User
jimmy_arcane's Avatar

"Rock Braker"


She Alive seen the RockBraker fly :P
Wind was not so good for the cliff its an East cliff and the wind was SouthEast too strong for Alula so I flew my 1.5m powered glider I was doing some nice slow turns getting the feel then Gazza arrived with his creation. After a not so nice landing i watched the RockBraker for a while until the wind swung to far even for the birds to keep aloft

Fast, Sleek. Ha . I bought one . Ha Collection Next Friday woot. My first Glassy
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2016, 08:08 PM
Rock Breaker
gazasmith's Avatar
Ones should not fly into the dead zone.
Off angle wind so lift was different to normal. A simple level pass towards the corner was going sweet until I banked to turn and found a back eddie down draft. The plane slide sideways about 10' lost all the spare height I had. Was still flying so pushed out from the face to get clean air, a slow arc built good speed so was looking good for a down wind turn to back closer to the face and find more lift.
Oops bugger found the other dead zone. Down she goes out of site. I'm thinking maybe she's only half way down not to bad.
Quick search can't see her. Bugger must be at the bottom. Ok which way down, the rocks on the point or the almost verticals grassy slope. The grass won so plant my arse on the ground and let the slippery dip take me to the bottom.
Still can't see plane time to enter the valley of rocks.
Apr 08, 2016, 08:10 PM
Rock Breaker
gazasmith's Avatar
I found her.
And bugger me look at the rock she broke.
Apr 08, 2016, 08:15 PM
Rock Breaker
gazasmith's Avatar
A quick check for bits that have fallen of.
Just the tail looks like the pine connector was not up to the task.
Some scratches on the nose and a dint in the wing.
I look up to where she hit first, a lot rock and a long way up.
Now the climb back to the top, lucky there is a beer up there.
Apr 08, 2016, 08:21 PM
Rock Breaker
gazasmith's Avatar
Easy fix of wing.
Tail
Could grind out and glue in new pine connector or use the new tails with glass connector Moulded in.
Apr 08, 2016, 09:51 PM
Rock Breaker
gazasmith's Avatar
Now this is a better way to clamp a mould.
The old g clamps go go back to the cupboard.
Apr 09, 2016, 04:34 AM
Registered User
minirotor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazasmith
Easy fix of wing.
Tail
Could grind out and glue in new pine connector or use the new tails with glass connector Moulded in.
Its not new anymore---you better pass it on--LOL

M
Apr 09, 2016, 04:36 AM
Registered User
minirotor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_arcane
She Alive seen the RockBraker fly :P
Wind was not so good for the cliff its an East cliff and the wind was SouthEast too strong for Alula so I flew my 1.5m powered glider I was doing some nice slow turns getting the feel then Gazza arrived with his creation. After a not so nice landing i watched the RockBraker for a while until the wind swung to far even for the birds to keep aloft

Fast, Sleek. Ha . I bought one . Ha Collection Next Friday woot. My first Glassy
Steve.....
Ah--there you are
Did you get to see my video of Gaz flying before the event?
If not--look here;
Garys Glass glider ver4 15kts wind (3 min 6 sec)


M
Last edited by minirotor; Apr 09, 2016 at 04:08 PM.
Apr 09, 2016, 10:36 AM
Rock Breaker
gazasmith's Avatar
Ken
i didn't know you were videoing. She looks fast I think I'm going to be so bored with any of my foamies now.

F.............k
Tail mould working great pop out a perfect beautiful tail tonight.
Wing mould f......k. F......k f.....k something major went wrong, repairs to mould needed f.....k was hoping for a almost perfect wing but now f......k all looked and felt good. Need to talk to tech help. Hopefully find out the problem. Or make a steel mould that is fool proof.
Apr 10, 2016, 08:02 AM
Always push for more speed.
Started putting the Rockbraker together tonight.. looking good so far should have it ready to maiden tomorrow arvo if i can get away from work early enuff.. Keen to do some ds circuits with it.
Apr 11, 2016, 08:36 AM
Rock Breaker
gazasmith's Avatar
It's funny.
You send if all the parts of a plane without instructions and it get built in a totally different order to what you do yourself.
Report is it going together sweetly.
Bryce's build is showing me different options I'll talk about later.
Apr 12, 2016, 06:48 AM
Registered User
minirotor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazasmith
It's funny.
You send if all the parts of a plane without instructions and it get built in a totally different order to what you do yourself.
Report is it going together sweetly.
Bryce's build is showing me different options I'll talk about later.
Theres a rum between very line--LOL

Should have that 2nd old version at lookout fri.
Not sure where I'am goin to land it though--maybe back at WT[just let it go by itself]!!!

M
Apr 12, 2016, 08:16 AM
Registered User
jimmy_arcane's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirotor
Steve.....
Ah--there you are
Did you get to see my video of Gaz flying before the event?
If not--look here;
https://youtu.be/uTz39EHaEHA

M
Ha sweet Vid So if thats version 4 What version am I collecting Thursay Gazza , It a V4 to should get a Sticker for it :P And nice Vid Ken .
Apr 12, 2016, 04:33 PM
Always push for more speed.
i think glueing the fuse together separate from the wing will give it a better glue joint.. and if it is a little tight to slide the wing over you could carefully file out whats needed from the fuse... i didn't need to but every plane is slightly different. should have the servos mounted this arvo
Apr 13, 2016, 04:39 PM
Always push for more speed.
Got the servos glued in this arvo as well as the hatch cut out and hinged... I've added a bit of lead in the left over space in the wing only because i intend of dsing it more then front side soaring.. aiming to come out around 750-800grams if it turns out more that would be a bonus.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools