Jul 15, 2018, 01:15 AM
I think we all appreciate your work, glad that the launch went so well! Well said, great community, although it looked a bit like in many German forums recently (btw, that's the reason for me to be active in English forums only )
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2018, 01:50 AM
Finde auch, dass in deutschen Foren nur Klugscheißer posten
Jul 15, 2018, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Gritsch
Finde auch, dass in deutschen Foren nur Klugscheißer posten
Smart arses speak all languages Markus
Jul 15, 2018, 08:19 AM
If I got it right silverware runs only on an f0. To date there are no brushless boards which have an f0. As far as I understand the f0 is not used because it has not enough resources to do certain tasks so manufacturers use more advanced chips.

What you wish is being able to buy a brushless board on which you can run silverware.
One way to accomplish that is to design and manufacture a dedicated board with a limited f0.
The other way would be the same approach as with the toy quads but in this case instead "hack" the big guys! Make the silverware code compatible with/ highjack hardware which is already there.

Advantage: advanced chips like a f3 opens up a lot of potential for future development. Silverware Evolution. Also no need to worry about the hardware anymore. Countless choices. Boards are readily available for everyone. You could reuse your existing boards! Everyone who has already a f3 board would be able to easily try out and fly with silverware!

Downside: is it has to be coded and only a few would be able to help.

Are there other downsides?
Jul 15, 2018, 07:26 PM
Silverware also runs on f1, that's what the gigadevice chip is - a sort of clone of a stm32f1. But silverware also doesn't require the advanced crunching power of faster chips. Runs pretty darn well on f0.

Heck i recently swapped a f3 onto a cc3d. Best it can do on betaflight is 8k gyro, 2k loop. We can almost reach that on f0.
Jul 16, 2018, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFastEnuf
Silverware also runs on f1, that's what the gigadevice chip is - a sort of clone of a stm32f1. But silverware also doesn't require the advanced crunching power of faster chips. Runs pretty darn well on f0.

Heck i recently swapped a f3 onto a cc3d. Best it can do on betaflight is 8k gyro, 2k loop. We can almost reach that on f0.

So can the f1 cc3d atom also run silverware?

You don't think it has advantages to make silverware compatible with the f3?
Last edited by Max00; Jul 16, 2018 at 03:37 AM.
Jul 16, 2018, 03:25 AM
Would it be easier to adapt silverware for a f1 that a f3 or f4? Since it is closer as you said...

Has the f1 more flash memory? That would be welcome for the ongoing projects I saw here. As well the cc3d has usb! Proven reliable and very affordable.
Jul 16, 2018, 04:40 AM
Maxx00 you do realise you are basically hijacking this thread with your rambling thoughts on stuff we have already got in hand. So far nothing you've posted has been of much value to the thread either. As this is active development here perhaps you could have a thought for those using the discussion for advancement of the project and limit your interference somewhat.
I'm sure I have the support of other members here in saying this.
Jul 16, 2018, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix
Maxx00 you do realise you are basically hijacking this thread with your rambling thoughts on stuff we have already got in hand. So far nothing you've posted has been of much value to the thread either. As this is active development here perhaps you could have a thought for those using the discussion for advancement of the project and limit your interference somewhat.
I'm sure I have the support of other members here in saying this.

Thinking about it you are right. Many thanks for pointing it out so kindly!

Sorry to All for the interference.
Won't happen again.
Last edited by Max00; Jul 16, 2018 at 08:59 PM.
Jul 17, 2018, 07:44 AM
It's cool, I think it communicates a desire we all have to not have to toss piles of BF flight controllers in the bin since we have come to the dark side and can't go back.

At the root of using all these boards for silverware (among many other challenges) is gonna be a spi gyro which is one of our current discussions. Repurposing hardware is also a very silverware mindset. But I will say the cc3d is no golden ticket. Trust me, I swapped a f3 on one just last week and built out two quads with it just to take them back apart. It's dated and huge and doesn't offer many of the things we want in a board like 5vreg or easy connection options. It over complicated every build I placed it in somehow and turned them into turds.

But spi gyro support is indeed a step forward into hacking BF boards as is exploring serial communication/interaction over USB.
Jul 18, 2018, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFastEnuf
It's cool, I think it communicates a desire we all have to not have to toss piles of BF flight controllers in the bin since we have come to the dark side and can't go back.

At the root of using all these boards for silverware (among many other challenges) is gonna be a spi gyro which is one of our current discussions. Repurposing hardware is also a very silverware mindset. But I will say the cc3d is no golden ticket. Trust me, I swapped a f3 on one just last week and built out two quads with it just to take them back apart. It's dated and huge and doesn't offer many of the things we want in a board like 5vreg or easy connection options. It over complicated every build I placed it in somehow and turned them into turds.

But spi gyro support is indeed a step forward into hacking BF boards as is exploring serial communication/interaction over USB.
No SPI gyro on Cc3D F1 and Naze32 iirc, so no point using them. Supporting F3 including SPI gyro plus the toy TX as rx could be quite interesting though, at least if someone takes the effort of coding that

As a step between I'm sure that F0 with SPI gyro is the way to go at first, if you change both at once, you can't say which contribute for better flying - IF it actually flies better

Buck converter onboard is a must have I'd say.

For me, no USB needed, I even flash the Betaflight boards I have using the STlink as I'm much more used to do it that way
If tweaking through serial port is possible, one could think about a hooking up a Bluetooth module or something like that for tweaking, just a thought - no real need for me personally.
Feb 06, 2019, 12:08 PM
I realize this is an old thread, but can I ask some basic questions. I was just looking at the very popular xk110 heli flight board, and it's also an F0 with a 6050 mpu. Is it possible to read the firmware or are the boards locked? A smalll, tuneable flight controller for the Xk and a few other microcopters could also be a sizeable market, but the firmare would need a lot of work if you can't modify the stock firmware.
Feb 06, 2019, 01:28 PM
there is a way to extract stock fitmware, but having a .hex or .bin file does not allow to tweak anything. That would need reverse engineering the file, which is quite impossible imho.

Another way is to modify Silverware to run servos as output. Pwm is already there so it most likely needs only a suiting swash plate mixer and some sort of servo limiter. If you can code C, you should be able to get it done.
I'd appreciate it since I played with the thought of modifying a HCP80 mainboard once

Btw, what radio chip does the XK use?
Last edited by SirDomsen; Feb 06, 2019 at 01:57 PM.
Feb 19, 2019, 10:04 AM

CANT connect :( dont know why

https://imgur.com/PV1LCZk
Jan 29, 2020, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom8
silverxxx, I'm trying to narrow down the problem. In file bayang_nrf24l01.c of the Deviation source code, I removed the statement "NRF24L01_WriteReg(NRF24L01_00_CONFIG, 0x03);" and recompiled the firmware. The system now binds fine. From the comments, the code is responsible to switch radio to receive mode. Of course, I couldn't receive telemetry data with the above statement removed.

BTW, I'm using a MultiModule populated with 3 RF modules on the Devo 7e. Not sure if this has anything to do with the problem.
Hi
Today i get a JXD 509G ane I try o flash software without ATHold... CG023 ... after flashing the leds are blinking ... bit it doesn´t bind... what for settings do You change ?

Quick Reply