This thread is privately moderated by Gearbest, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 21, 2019, 09:10 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
I think there are multiple "mingy" around, sometimes the account was controlled by an actual person, and thus helpful, but we've also seen some examples where any message got a standard identical reply, even when there wasn't an order issue mentioned, just saying "hi" could already trigger this standard response. I think at those moments, a bot was assigned to the account, and then you didn't get anywhere...
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2019, 10:01 AM
But for now, everybody and (probably indeed) everybot seemed to have left the building
May 23, 2019, 02:09 PM
And back to the inactive forums corner....
May 23, 2019, 08:46 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Buzz nailed it. This is NOT old news.

Posted March 14, 2019
https://journalofcyberpolicy.com/201...opping-orders/

I think it's time to call Mueller in [/QUOTE]

Mingy's last post.
SAME, SAME BS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingy
Dear Krotow,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Kindly note at Gearbest customers’ account safety is our priority.
This issue has been addressed and all our customers accounts are fully secure.

Should you have further queries, please feel free to contact us via our support center here :https://support.gearbest.com/ticket/ticket/cat

Best Regards,
Mingy
Well folks, all I can say is...." I told you so." Don't you hate that saying/expression?
May 24, 2019, 01:08 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High Mike
Buzz nailed it. This is NOT old news.

Posted March 14, 2019
https://journalofcyberpolicy.com/201...opping-orders/

I think it's time to call Mueller in
Mingy's last post.
SAME, SAME BS.

Well folks, all I can say is...." I told you so." Don't you hate that saying/expression?[/QUOTE]

Well, some people just won't listen. It's pretty bad when when a site cant control sensitive data after they state "Kindly note at Gearbest customers’ account safety is our priority.
This issue has been addressed and all our customers accounts are fully secure.
LOL " All our customers accounts are fully secure" If you believe that trash, you'll believe anything.
May 25, 2019, 01:48 PM
Like it does any good to post but hey.... Purchased Aomway Commander v1 and got them early Dec. They were great until the lcds stopped working. It would still power up and make the beep noise but no power to the screens. Contacted GB and they offered $65.00 refund or send them in for repair. I chose repair. Now they state they cannot repair them and cannot exchange because they have “no stock”. Of course its still for sale on their website. So now they are offering $110.00 to resolve the issue. Less then half of what I paid. What kind of resolution is this? I have read other people going through the same thing for warranty. Any addition advise from the group? Besides buying expensive kit from a reputable business. Maybe I could repair them my self but I dunno. Knowing they had a warranty was what I needed to pull the trigger on the purchase. Seems like they are sticking it to me here... I feel better after venting.. Cheers
May 26, 2019, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrales2018
Like it does any good to post but hey.... Purchased Aomway Commander v1 and got them early Dec. They were great until the lcds stopped working. It would still power up and make the beep noise but no power to the screens. Contacted GB and they offered $65.00 refund or send them in for repair. I chose repair. Now they state they cannot repair them and cannot exchange because they have “no stock”. Of course its still for sale on their website. So now they are offering $110.00 to resolve the issue. Less then half of what I paid. What kind of resolution is this? I have read other people going through the same thing for warranty. Any addition advise from the group? Besides buying expensive kit from a reputable business. Maybe I could repair them my self but I dunno. Knowing they had a warranty was what I needed to pull the trigger on the purchase. Seems like they are sticking it to me here... I feel better after venting.. Cheers
I had a somewhat similar experience when I purchased a Wltoys V393 CP ($170) quadcopter. In this case it arrived DOA. Contacted GB whom initially offered me $10 and the option to keep the quad as a gesture of goodwill. These really dumb offers continued for about a month until I involved PayPal. GB then offered a full refund but only on the proviso that I send the faulty item back to them via “unregistered mail with no tracking”. I highlighted the fact that the package contained a high capacity LiPo (4s 2200mAh 50c) which had suffered some impact damage either prior to or during the initial shipping. Their response was to NOT declare it on the customs form. Once PayPal heard of this I received a full refund. This was my first ever purchase from Gearbest and needless to say it was my last.

Regards

Nidge.
May 27, 2019, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrales2018

Something being on sale and yet no stock is a very common situation actually. I've experienced this recently, when ordering something that was "in stock" as well, then after it was addmitted it might never be in stock, chose an alternate item, which should be in stock, but out of the several alternate options I selected over a time of weeks passing by, none ever got in stock. Which made me finally accept the refund they offered, and paid a little more elsewhere, but got the item within a few weeks.
May 27, 2019, 10:20 AM
Update - the offer is now $137.00 refund. Yuck! I guess it's time to cut my losses. I have been rolling the dice by ordering through them and finally lost. Should have listened to the community and ordered from a reputable company. Gearbest should put on their website that the warranty is some crazy pro-rated bull and doesn't mean a darn thing. I doubt they even attempted to repair. Kinda paid $100 bucks to "rent" the goggles for 5 months. Now let's see if they are going to ship the item back. Maybe I can repair? But I'm finding no parts for it online. You live and learn I guess... I am 100% done with gearbest... Don't let this happen to you! Good luck if your going through the same thing.
Jun 01, 2019, 09:21 AM
Update: we’ll they will NOT be sending the broken goggles back to me. Ended with $150.00 refund and they are keeping the goggles. I have a sneaking suspicion they will fixed and re sold as new to someone else. I have no proof of that though. Bummer... I contacted Aomway but have been ignored. Do not expect to get after sales support from the manufacturer. Now to try out the ev200d or spend the extra for Fatshark with warranty. Don’t think I’ll try the Commander v2 as this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. Or say screw it and just use my box goggles. Boo
Jun 01, 2019, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
But for now, everybody and (probably indeed) everybot seemed to have left the building

I think the new person in charge of Customer Service is mr. "N.O. Body"
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jun 01, 2019 at 12:12 PM.
Jun 11, 2019, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Hi, Henk! Glad to see you guys are still around here. Buzz, JohnCC. I miss the group dearly, especially High Flying Mike the Cynical. Yes, Mike is cynical, always bad-mouthing Gearbest for ... (I don't know what for. FUN, maybe?) Or he just enjoys being picky.

You probably wonder who I am. Well, I can't say specifically, but I was Mingy once.

Mingy is just a symbol. The person named Mingy doesn't exist in the company any more. Ming was gone long, but his (or her? I don't even know Mingy is a boy or a girl) account was managed by his/her successors. One gone, another takes charge.

To clarify, Mingy's been never a bot. RCGroup.com is not built by Gearbest and Gearbest isn't a high tech company. There is no way for GB to put a bot in here. Customers may get answers from bots in tickets, Facebook Messenger or emails, but not here. You think Mingy was a bot because of the templates used in the replies, I presume. Well, we do a lot of typing every day, wouldn't you agree that a template will make things easier when many customers are asking the same question?

Indeed, things get a bit tense these days. A lot of changes took place in the department. The person who manages Mingy's account doesn't check in daily, as we can tell.

Feel free to send an email at Gearbest's support email address. You're get a reply in 24 hours anyway.

And, please don't go for them and ask about who I am. I don't want to get in trouble, amigos. I'm Mr Unknown.

To sum up, I'm just a guy who played as Mingy before, enjoyed the ambiance here and want to drop by to see my old friends.
Jun 11, 2019, 12:44 PM
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just dropping in... I had a fimi x8 deal I thought about posting in here, but now I see this forum finally went to inactive. This happened last year, too, but I guess this time it's probably not going to be renewed?

Mr. Unknown I don't know who you are but I won't ask I'll just speculate on my own. (Wonder if we worked together at some point -- you have really good english skills). That seems to make sense that the account would shift amongst multiple employees. I believe it was Anny who controlled the Gearbest account on here for some time, and she moved on to a new department away from RC toys according to some other affiliates I talk to.

Quote:
Well, we do a lot of typing every day, wouldn't you agree that a template will make things easier when many customers are asking the same question?
Certainly if a customer is asking the exact same question as someone else -- but too often as evident by this support thread, a user would have a specific problem that would get a template response. That's bad, and was one of many mistakes that hurt the company and its affiliates to make sales here.

Maybe there was nothing "mingy" could do for them but to keep trying from those higher up to see if they could get a resolve to the problem, while they copied & pasted the template. But it looked like a robot at times.... when entire posts would just be ignored and a standard template pasted. It made it look like mingy and gearbest did not really care about the support issue. In the US, when companies send a template response, the customers frown upon it since it is not personal and automatically we think it's a robot or someone with a script (and usually... that's correct). The responses with templates that made no sense did not help GB and Mingy's case either.

I don't want to speak too much for Mike but he's always been a great supporter of my channel but I think he remembers the gearbest of old, when his bugs flew away you guys did him a great service and sent him a new drone. There was a time that GB would do things like that for their customers, and sometimes affiliates/youtubers could get their representative to poke customer service to help people out to get things like that done. So I think he gives you guys "tough love" for all this time, to return to that past practice of making the customer happy. Happy customers, happy affiliates, happy company. The quest to figure out how to have all 3.

I hope one day that Gearbest will try to return to RCGroups properly and approach the RC category with a better mindset. Maybe threads like this will be reviewed. Perhaps some changes/decisions will be reconsidered, this forum will be given some real love & care. SoloProFan's free expert advice could fill an entire book about how to make a great comeback someday, what went wrong, what went right.

Ah well. RIP Gearbest forum. Thanks for all the review samples and fun!

Last edited by JohnCC; Jun 11, 2019 at 12:49 PM.
Jun 11, 2019, 02:10 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Henk, you're Mr. Unknown. I can tell by the sound of your voice.
Jun 11, 2019, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Henk, you're Mr. Unknown. I can tell by the sound of your voice.

If I was, I could have made things better long time ago. Plus I would never register extra accounts to hide my identity. And I would also never make a promise on getting a reply from GB customer service within 24 hrs, which I've experienced personally, simply doesn't happen.

I think most would understand if this thread would not be checked daily, even though it would be better if that could be so. But it seems that lately this thread and this entire subforum doesn't get checked at all, which, combined with the experience that more people are having on the customer service failing, doesn't work very confidence inspiring.

Up till the beginning of this year, I was still considering Gearbest as a possible source to buy things from, if really on sale, and not some fake sale, that is created by raising the regular price, and then offering a "deal" that is just the regular price elsewhere. With the added drawback that you can't spend points on "sale" items, so you get stuck with these.

The reason for me to stop buying things, is mostly because the stock indications are so wrong, items can be on sale, saying it ships within a few days and yet over a month later, it might still not have shipped. I ordered something that was seemingly in stock on early jan 2019, and it never shipped, I was asked to consider something else, but everything I selected was either not in stock, or considered too much more expensive than what I had paid, or both. And then, after months waiting, the order was canceled without waiting for me to confirm that I would agree. But I gave up on trying to go against this, I took the refund, and bought the same item somewhere else, and had it here 9 days later.

Gearbest needs to put in a lot more effort than a promise to respond within 24 hours, because even if that promise would be held, it won't help if there is a chronic stock issue, so all the customer service rep can say is ask to wait "a little longer" and thank the customer for his/her understanding.

I am not blaming people like Mr Unknown, I bet most of the different "Mingy" tried to make things work, but probably never got the means to really do things. Like on a sinking ship, instead of having a bucket or maybe even a bilge pump to remove the water that is coming inside, be given a teaspoon, or maybe even a fork to remove the water and keep the ship floating.

Quick Reply