Mar 26, 2016, 04:26 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

parkzone fw 190A D/R and expo setting

Hi

I have just got my new fw 190A, What rate percentage and expo should I set it to for my maiden flight I want it really slow
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2016, 04:32 PM
"its not a hobby its obsession
Hey bird .. I am using spectrum and I have my low rates set to
Ail .. 80% throw ..20%expo
Elev .. 85% throw .. 15%expo
Rud ..90% throw .. 10% expo

High rates ..
100% on all surfaces
Ail 20%expo
Elev 20%expo
Rud 15%expo

If u want a softer feel u may want to add another 5% to my low rate expo settings as a base to start .. this bird is very stable and very forgiving .. point and shoot ..
U may want to read through the thread

Here
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1892862

Parkzone fw190 successful maiden in blue skies (7 min 21 sec)
Mar 26, 2016, 06:35 PM
Thread OP
ok thanks this is my first warbird so the slower it goes the better.

What battery you using? I got a overlander 2200mah 3s 11.1v 30c
Mar 26, 2016, 07:30 PM
I am using that exact batt .. just push it all the way fwd on the tray and she balanced pretty nice .. I find d she will fly very gently almost floaty in the calm ..and she holds her own in the wind also
Mar 27, 2016, 07:52 AM
Thread OP
when you landed in your maiden video without landing gear does the prop catch the ground or does it stop rotating before then. I'm going to have to belly land because my field has long grass.
Mar 27, 2016, 07:59 AM
I normally chop the throttle after the last turn and float her in the prop will turn to one side when the model makes contact with the ground .. it floats in with very good authority at low speed .. just keep the wings locked level into wind and allow her to come in at a shallow angle ..
Mar 27, 2016, 02:27 PM
Thread OP
What rate do you charge your overlander 2200mah 30c at.

I'm using a dynamite prophet sport plus 50w charger is this ok
Mar 27, 2016, 05:01 PM
I just took a look at the charger ..u should be fine .. it says it will charge up to 5a ..I would set it to 2a and charge at that rate make sure the charger is set for the batt cell count (of the batt u r charging)... I didn't notice a digital display so not sure how it tells u the balance levels ...
allways remember never drop the batt voltage lower then about 3.4 v per cell and of u drop the cells bellow 3v the batt will suffer ..
And when charging 'NEVER' let the cells charge above 4.2v per cell ..u will risk a FIRE! Or explosion .. just have a good read through the charger manual and get a good perspective on the charger settings .. the batt cells should be brought up to balance pretty evenly .. if one cell drags behind or shoots ahead this could also create a hazard ..sorry if I'm explaining what u may all ready know but its best to be safe ..

U should get around 7-8 mins mixed throttle out of that 2200 ..
Mar 28, 2016, 01:25 PM
Thread OP
Thanks a lot for the info very helpful.

I also got a battery checker, at the moment my batteries are at storage voltage 3.85v per cell as they are new from ebay.

Interested in how many planes do you own?
Mar 28, 2016, 01:34 PM
Around the 30mark .. about 20 that r flyable and the other 10 need a little maintenance ..
Glad the info helped

Those over lander batts r very good I have had an old red 25c 4s 2200 that went over 800 cycles before I retired it ..
Mar 28, 2016, 01:48 PM
+1 on the overlandr batts. I have a few 1300s for my dads super cub, and 1 2200.the 2200 is my go to lipo. If i can only fly once i always charge that one. They are very reliable and dont drop cells, as well as being small and light for their capacity compared to turnigy lipos. However, i have also had a good experience with turnigy lipos. They are cheap, but not quite as reliable from what i have heard, but ive not had any drop yet, though they are all pretty new. As jiggz said charge the 2200s at 2A, and remember to balance charge. Some lipo charger nave a non balance and balance charge mode. The balance one may take a bit longer, but ALWAYS balance charge. Also, when it comes to fast charging most lipos will be able to be charged slightly higher than the normal charge rate (eg 3A), but avoid doing this as it greatly reduced battery life, and may cause a lipo fire as the max charge rate vaires for lipos depending on quality.

Also, if you charge a lipo up and dont fly it remmeber to discharge it. You should do this as soon as possible, but dont leave it longer than 1 week. Time a lipo is left fully charged is cumulative, so leaving it for 2 days on one charge and 3 in another will shorten the lipos life the same amount as leaving it for 5 days.

Lipo safety brief over. Good luck with the maiden. I dont have one, but from ive heard it flies like a parkzone/eflite p47 without the flaps, and if this is true you will love her!

Will
Mar 28, 2016, 02:07 PM
Thread OP
I have just 2 but its difficult to know where to store them.

I hope I will get at least 500 cycles from these batteries
Mar 28, 2016, 02:19 PM
Thread OP
cheers Will

yeah it depends on the weather when I fly so haven't charged them up because I don't want to leave them a full charge for long. Also I only have a battery checker, my charger has no display so its difficult to get it between 3.85 and 3.9v for storage.
Mar 28, 2016, 02:23 PM
Store them in a metal ammo box, lipo bag or other metal container. Does your lipo charger discharge as well?
Will
Mar 28, 2016, 02:33 PM
Thread OP
I don't think it does its the dynamite prophet sport plus

Quick Reply