Mar 25, 2016, 06:29 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

What nice thing did you do today?

I was vaguely wondering, with all the current threads, why we don't speak as much about the good things that go on.

I thought I'd start this thread to allow us to both remember, and share, them.

What I did today was to not go flying!

What I did was to go out for quite a long walk with The Boss and a young friend of ours. We walked in the sun, along an old navigation waterway. There were lots of people doing the same, families with their children, people running along the path, others riding their bikes.

It was warm and kind - the coming weekend is expected to be back to rain and gale force winds, so everyone were obviously making the most of the nice day!

We sat for a while on a bench in Winchester, alongside the narrow river people watched and talked. We talked about things like how her Mother was doing since her brain operation a year ago, how her Mother gets frustrated at being able to do less (and she was a complete bundle of energy before), how her retired father has become very grumpy and morose, how her OCD boyfriend adds to the pressure of her life.

(She is a lovely, hard-working and thoughtful girl that, in my opinion, deserves better. )

We made her laugh a few times, bought her a nice lunch, chatted more and then walked back.

What did I enjoy from this nice day?

That she laughed, that we spent some time with her sharing a lovely day, and that she posted on her FB account "For a Friday, this was a good one!"

What more could we ask for!

Gentlemen, what 'something nice' did you do today? What made you be thankful?
Mar 25, 2016, 06:35 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
I talked on the phone to Mrs Punkie about the now sorted wedding date and plans of our youngest daughter.

It is two and a half years away but you know what mums are like.

I get the feeling that I am going to have to dress up smart. A barn is being hired, along with marquee and a house for people to stay in.
Mar 25, 2016, 06:45 PM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
I made a loaf of pumpernickel bread for my family and watched The Big Short and Trumbo with the wife. Good movies; tasty bread.
Mar 25, 2016, 06:48 PM
Suspended Account
I caught up with the bookkeeping
And than did a walk about around the farm with the dogs, when it started snowing, I went back and worked on the plans for the green house.
Next week will be nasty, but I should be able to start the week after, with the building, all out of Redwood.
Mar 25, 2016, 06:49 PM
whiirrrrrr
I didn't make fun of one single post by Norm.
Mar 25, 2016, 06:51 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness
I didn't make fun of one single post by Norm.
Big Day for you, srt8!
Mar 25, 2016, 07:09 PM
Multirotor geek
Everyone that was around me today is still alive I should get a Nobel Peace Prize like Obama for that

Clyde
Mar 25, 2016, 07:24 PM
Beware the Axis of Weasel.
I spent most of the day with my dear ol' mum; we took the dogs for a walk, I helped her with some shopping, did some maintenance on the house and cooked her dinner. Fed the crows where we walked the dogs, got a few things sorted for when my sister and nieces are down tomorrow and got a lot planned for the next few weeks so I can convert the room her mentally ill lodger's in into a flat so he has a proper place of his own instead of just a bedroom and she gets more rent.

Then I did some gardening to recharge my own batteries.
Mar 25, 2016, 07:31 PM
56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie
I talked on the phone to Mrs Punkie about the now sorted wedding date and plans of our youngest daughter.

It is two and a half years away but you know what mums are like.

I get the feeling that I am going to have to dress up smart. A barn is being hired, along with marquee and a house for people to stay in.
Do take a selfie for us. Please. There, I said please. As good as I get for today.
Mar 25, 2016, 07:35 PM
It's gonna be YUGE!!!
I refrained from choking the life out of a co-worker who desperately needed it.
Mar 25, 2016, 07:45 PM
Je Suis Turkana Boy
I behaved like a decent human being.

And guess what. No one gave me a cookie, and I didn't expect one.
Mar 25, 2016, 07:48 PM
Greediest Suer
I went to Lowe's this am for some heat shrink. On the way in I noticed a guy with a cane trying to put some 30 pack cases of water in his cart with one hand. He said he had no problem pushing a cart, just lifting. So I loaded the six cases he wanted and told him I would meet him at the checkout and put them in his car. He bought my heat shrink for me. Insisted even.

On the way to his car, I asked him how he planned to get them out once home. He said his son would stop by after work to do it. Then I learned that his son owned the place that is about to install a new A/C unit here, and I had met him the night before. Strange world, but I gots me some free heatshrink!
Mar 25, 2016, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H
I went to Lowe's this am for some heat shrink. On the way in I noticed a guy with a cane trying to put some 30 pack cases of water in his cart with one hand. He said he had no problem pushing a cart, just lifting. So I loaded the six cases he wanted and told him I would meet him at the checkout and put them in his car. He bought my heat shrink for me. Insisted even.

On the way to his car, I asked him how he planned to get them out once home. He said his son would stop by after work to do it. Then I learned that his son owned the place that is about to install a new A/C unit here, and I had met him the night before. Strange world, but I gots me some free heatshrink!
Instant heat-shrunken karma! Wish more people would just stop, look and see what needs doing and get on with the doing of it like you did today.
Mar 25, 2016, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter
I behaved like a decent human being.

And guess what. No one gave me a cookie, and I didn't expect one.
But did you give anyone else a cookie? That's the question.
Mar 25, 2016, 07:59 PM
Yesterday, I helped some guys get the wheel back on their car in the supermarket parking lot in the rain. The best part was that I was not the only one. A group of other guys stopped to help too and another guy as well. There were 5 of us in the end. They never would have gotten it back on themselves.

Today while walking the dog with the kids I got a newspaper off a set of steep front porch steps that an elderly lady was trying to descend. They were covered in snow. I'm always glad to come across these situations when I'm with the kids. Example it's the best teacher.

Some car in front of me paid my toll a few weeks ago so I was just paying it forward

Quick Reply