Mar 25, 2016, 01:03 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

My first Build worth talking about!!

So this set up absolutley amazed me. I'm getting 18:30 min flights at the moment waiting on my GnarlyFPV and I'm sure that will make the flight a bit shorter but that's just crazy amount of time for a little micro like this, at least i think. And by no means is it sluggish or sloppy. I was flying quite aggressive for indoors. Just trying to get this thing to sit down!!! So here is the set up.

-Blade nano qx board with power cord switched over to losi (new board with white outlines)

-Picnic Quads Nqxr fpv frame

-7mm motors - cheap no name

Hubsan props

Nano - tech 750 / 35-70c

And I have a question as well. With this long of a flight time should I set it down half way through to let the motors cool?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2016, 01:09 AM
Are they hot?
Mar 25, 2016, 01:43 AM
Thread OP
The get pretty warm. But I wouldn't say hot. I can grab onto them without issue.
Mar 25, 2016, 02:05 AM
I'd just be worried about the motor life: no name, hot, long flights isn't the best combination for motor life.

BTW nice job on the build.
Mar 25, 2016, 07:18 AM
Just have fun. 7mm motors are not too expensive. Very nice quad too!
Mar 25, 2016, 11:28 AM
SQUIRREL PATROL
nice set up! buy lots of motors and fly like there is no tomorrow!!!
seem to be a crack on one of the motor mounts, so watch out for it breaking.
Mar 25, 2016, 06:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by inap
nice set up! buy lots of motors and fly like there is no tomorrow!!!
seem to be a crack on one of the motor mounts, so watch out for it breaking.
Great eye!!! Ya going to trough on a new mount, zip ties and the fpv gear tonight. Thanks for the help. I do have another question. Can I put 8.5mm motors on this board? It is the newer one with the white traces. I've read mixed things. Anyone running with them?
Mar 25, 2016, 07:59 PM
Thread OP
Well got her all mounted up with the Gnarly Backpack and about to take her for the maiden. Wish me luck!!! Next I have to clean up the wires I guess. Or maybe not......
Mar 25, 2016, 08:12 PM
Closed Account
That amount of flight time is insane. Must be the battery.
Mar 25, 2016, 08:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFish
That amount of flight time is insane. Must be the battery.
Ya they are brand new just got them. And first flight was a success!!! A few close calls and small crashes but I'm happy with it none the less. Flights went down to around 10min.
Mar 25, 2016, 10:19 PM
SQUIRREL PATROL
your flight times are insane, you must be stuck in some kinds of weird space time continuum, lols
some flight videos would be nice.
Mar 25, 2016, 10:39 PM
Thread OP
I'm waiting on an easycap to come in and I'll throw one up. I will say that those nano tech 750 do make it more sluggish than I thought. I didn't realize it till I started flying it fpv. So I put one of the blue btg 380 on it and it flies more like the nano qx that I'm used to and then it's at 5:30 flight. But I still think that's excelent. I'll use the 750 if I'm outside but inside the drift is too much for me just getting into fpv. Without the goggles I can rip that thing around.
Mar 27, 2016, 05:08 PM
Thread OP
Cleaned up a bit of the wires and soldered them in direct.
Mar 28, 2016, 04:15 AM
very nice. How do you mount the motor?
Mar 28, 2016, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needled365
very nice. How do you mount the motor?
? Picnicquads sells the mounts

Quick Reply