Twisted Racer Series (Warbird / Pylon) EPP Models - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 24, 2016, 09:00 PM
Team Twisted!
New Product

Twisted Racer Series (Warbird / Pylon) EPP Models

From the team that dominates the backyard and park 3D foamy scene comes something new, fast, and fun! The Twisted Racers are the coolest thing around for (in)formal club pylon racing, aerobatics, or just plain fun sport flying. Nearly indestructible, these models are ideal for bashing around or flying with friends who don't always yield the right of way. Two aircraft, the Nemesis and Mustang, based on full-scale Reno racing classics, available in two schemes each mean that everybody gets to fly something unique and stay competitive!

Twisted Hobbys again brings you the killer combination of Cody Wojcik's design approach and RCFactory's world class construction methods and stunning artwork. The result is an aircraft that builds with extreme ease...just a few hours is all you need. Once airborne, the Racers track along with perfect, stable manners, effortlessly carving through high-speed aerobatics or pulling high-G turns on an improvised pylon course.

Flying on the proven and affordable power combo also used in the standard 32" 3D aircraft such as the Crack Yak and Edge, the Racers easily achieve 6 minute flights with a 3S 600 mah battery.

A couple of Twisted Racers will turn two properly spaced lamp posts, trees, pool noodles, or anything else into an impromptu racing circuit!

Get yours now - Twisted Racer Page Link

to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2016, 09:00 PM
Team Twisted!
All right warbird and racer fans... Been flying a proto for about 5 or so weeks, really a fun plane. Will be adding to this post on and off over the next couple days... stay tuned for more building pics, comments, videos, etc

The Build:

This build will be done with a Stage 1 Power Combo, and the typical Welders/FoamTac Twisted Hobbys technique. In general Thin CA is used for all the carbon to foam and plastic to foam joints, Med. CA on the control rod ends and Welders/FoamTac on all the Foam to Foam and Wood to Foam.

The Mods:

I am sure (well mostly... ) that there will be builders out there that will want to see how fast they can make these little racers go. Maybe you have a 2300kv motor laying around from a crashed quadcopter or something, that coupled with "sheeting" the wings with some tape or clear plastic film will likely make these racers really cook. I am looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. I will certainly try something.

The Races:

Grab your friends and/or club mates... set them all up with the same power combo and do some club racing, and of course for those speed freaks... mod them up as suggested above and go for an unlimited class.

Of Interest:
  • This is NOT a flat foil wing.
  • Unique Construction Hides all the wiring
  • Super Durable and Easy to Transport
  • Quick Build

Links to Build Related Posts

Getting the Build Started...

Wing Servo and Control Rods...

Fuselage and Motor...

Control Rods, Tail Feathers and Servos...

The Wing and Receiver....

CG, Battery Cut Out and Pre-Flight....

Race Mods for the Speed Freaks...

cdee
Last edited by cdee; Mar 27, 2016 at 02:24 PM.
Mar 24, 2016, 09:06 PM
Yes finally they are finished and here! Looking forward in seeing your building cdee!
Mar 24, 2016, 09:14 PM
TEAM TWISTED!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm
Yes finally they are finished and here! Looking forward in seeing your building cdee!
+1! Cant wait to see how fast they really are! it feels extremely powerful with the stock motor combo. All of the schemes are amazing, looks like it will show up very well in the sky. Cant wait to run some packs through it!
Last edited by Ethan Ater; Mar 24, 2016 at 09:22 PM.
Mar 24, 2016, 09:17 PM
TEAM TWISTED
Twisted Hobbys - Blue Nemesis 1 (2 min 58 sec)

This is the Nemesis - Twisted Hobbys' Racer Series (2 min 13 sec)

Here's to the new RACER SERIES from Twisted Hobbys. Thanks for my chance to help show off a fantastic fun machine. The plane is designed for speed, racing and all kinds of fun. It's a Cody Wojcik design so you know it really delivers a high quality flying experience. The extremely durable EPP construction lets you have your fun with virtually no worries. It flies great. In this video it's being flown on 3S. We will be testing on 4S as soon as tomorrow. I am using Twisted's recommended Digital Power Combo. There are actually 2 new planes in this series and more on the way. The two new planes come in 4 hot schemes. I'm very pleased with the Nemesis. This video is made from the maiden and flying 2 packs after that. Once trimmed up, you can see that the plane is easy to fly and has a little pep in her step... Take care everybody. More to follow on this model.
Last edited by ROLLING CIRCLE; Mar 28, 2016 at 10:01 PM.
Mar 24, 2016, 09:19 PM
Team Twisted!
Let the race begin!
Mar 24, 2016, 09:34 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Awesome!! Can't wait to race these things!
Mar 24, 2016, 10:13 PM
Team Twisted!
Looks great Ethan..!
cdee
Mar 24, 2016, 10:18 PM
Team Twisted!
Working on this Mustang to race you guys at SEFF soon! Who's bringing the noodle poles to turn around?
Mar 24, 2016, 10:19 PM
"Some do, some don't"
Subscribed....

These look like fun...
Mar 24, 2016, 10:21 PM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coastie
Subscribed....

These look like fun...
Really fun... easy to build, easy to fly
cdee
Mar 24, 2016, 10:28 PM
Extremely Twisted
Looking good guys. I hope you all love them! It was definitely fun and different to take a break from XA and 3D and do something a little more traditional.
Mar 24, 2016, 10:28 PM
TEAM TWISTED!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benton3dflying
Working on this Mustang to race you guys at SEFF soon! Who's bringing the noodle poles to turn around?
Wish I could make it to SEFF this year , saving all of my school-off days for Joe Nall. I will race at Nall! plane looks good Benton!
Last edited by Ethan Ater; Mar 24, 2016 at 10:34 PM.
Mar 25, 2016, 02:42 AM
John Hendry
Wow... nice design, looks fantastic.