Mar 24, 2016, 07:39 PM
sailplane nut
Thread OP
Help!

looking for silkspan covering material gm or sum

Hi from rcbobcat55 I am trying to locate a box of silkspan covering material or a bunch of sheets. I picked up a box of 100 sheets about 5 years ago and am starting to get low. its its great for covering depron or fanfold models and vintage mini rc models like the Topflite Schoolboy or Ken Willard Pageboy. Any help would be appreciated-paypal ready. Thanks much-Bob Mů and Have a Happy Easter...
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2016, 10:44 PM
B for Bruce
When I checked a few years ago Sig was still selling it. Did you check with them? For the amoun you want ordering directly would be the way to go. You might try Brodak as well since silkspan is more typically a control line product and they are one of the primo control line suppliers these days.
Mar 24, 2016, 11:18 PM
Also check Easy Built Models. They have a wide range of tissue and a 10' roll of silkspan. They don't list the grade of the silkspan. SIG shows 3 grades of Plyspan, which is tougher than Jap tissue. Also silkspan is offered by SIG.
Mar 25, 2016, 01:25 AM
Stuff that was so comon is now real hard to find. Hobby shop was out of silkspan and then got some in. I bought five sheets. Next day decied better get more. They were all out. I like to cover smaller glider bodies with it.
RSM/Brodak/ Sig possible.

Quick Reply