Mar 24, 2016, 12:31 PM
<<<<I|I>>>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard View Post
When I first starting read here on this forum the USA debt was the hot topic. Every 2nd thread related to the debt somehow.
Was there any discussion on how the 'wealthiest' nation can have the highest debt of all other nations? Maybe we need another thread.
Mar 24, 2016, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by perttime View Post
People on LTUP believe that all threads are about US election or Muslims.
That is my conclusion at the moment. Have I missed something?
Nonsense, LTUP is all about me, and only me
Mar 24, 2016, 01:29 PM
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buran View Post
Nonsense, LTUP is all about me, and only me
We know!

Bu-Ran!

Bu-Ran!

Bu-Ran!

Bu-Ran!

Mar 24, 2016, 01:33 PM
Figure Nine Champ
Get your own jokes,
Mar 24, 2016, 01:43 PM
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Get your own jokes,
Adapted and improved!
Mar 24, 2016, 02:22 PM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
I was saying "Boo - ran"
Mar 24, 2016, 02:35 PM
FrankC
Me too, they are having huge problems in Finland these days. I won't comment though, it is none of my business. I wish some of the folks living on the other side of the pond had my attitude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpon Shawn View Post
Complaining about the topics in LTUP is kind of like someone calling into a caller driven radio show and complaining about the topics.

Start a Finland centered thread. I'll read it.
Mar 24, 2016, 05:14 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Errr ....

Batman V Superman

Aliens on LTUP.

Johan Cruyff RIP

Airline pilots: pay vs. skills

PC madness!

40 millionaires suggest more tax on 1%

Wanna buy Ringo's home?

... just a few... for starters..
You forgot guns.
Mar 24, 2016, 05:15 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard View Post
Bill must have been wearing an awful dirty pair of Clark Kent glass when he was viewing Monica then.
Along the lines of Mary Ann or Ginger, Monica or Hillary?
Mar 24, 2016, 05:27 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Hay How about treadmills or Not sure but was about long knives the mod purge.Punkies pics are classic, Drones dont forget drones.
Mar 24, 2016, 08:13 PM
Quote:
You forgot about "government out to get us". Of course in Finland, the government already has the people living in cages and walking on treadmills so it is not surprise that a resident would think that it all is normal.
Mar 24, 2016, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Yeah. You just started a thread about the US election and Muslims.
Mar 24, 2016, 11:18 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankC View Post
Me too, they are having huge problems in Finland these days. I won't comment though, it is none of my business. I wish some of the folks living on the other side of the pond had my attitude...
I believe Finland is still the only nation to have repaid their debt to the USA for WWI (yes, the Great War).
Mar 25, 2016, 04:27 AM
Useful Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
I believe Finland is still the only nation to have repaid their debt to the USA for WWI (yes, the Great War).
As it was not recognised by the US until 1919, the debt was probably very small,
Mar 25, 2016, 04:39 AM
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
Actually, from what I've just read, the US funded the German reparation debt - and indirectly Hitler.

Quote:
The US only entered the war in 1917, but much of the finances afterward revolved around the emerging global superpower. In the aftermath of the war in the 1920s, Weimar Germany faced hyperinflation and was on the verge of collapse under the weight of its Versailles debt payments. The war left a curious issue, in that the UK and France borrowed huge amounts from the US but could not pay them back, as they were owed huge amounts by Germany, which was broke.

So the solution to this was brokered by the future US vice-president Charles Dawes, who in 1924 proposed that the US lend money to Germany to fund its reparation payments to France and the UK, who in turn would use the money to repay their war debts. The solution was so good that Dawes won the Nobel Peace Prize the next year in recognition. And the plan worked.

“With a combination of budget surpluses, expenditures aimed explicitly at paying off debt early, and payments from the losers of war, the US made significant progress in whittling the debt down,” Phillips said. “It fell by more than $9 billion by 1930, a reduction of more than a third.”

The 25-year US loans to Germany envisioned by Dawes paid interest at 7%. American investors were thirsty to get involved—until Hitler defaulted on the loans.

Quick Reply