The Mamba Has Arrived - Flex Innovations!

The Flex Innovations Mamba 70cc is in stock and shipping!

Splash

The Mamba 70cc

The Flex Innovations Mamba 70cc builds on the Mamba 12 with a new and improved cowl, revised wing tips and ailerons, and more wing chord to improve the flying experience.

From Quique:

"After close inspection, we are very pleased with the quality, finish and details of the model. We are very confident customers will be very happy it.

Seth and I have been flying the Mamba a lot. We both have a smile every time we fly them. We to say thanks to Kevin Kimball for his support over the years working with us on all these versions of the fabulous Model 12!"

CLICK HERE for more info on the Flex Innovations Mamba 70CC ARF

Mamba Videos

Mamba 70cc Seth One Take (5 min 35 sec)

Mamba at Joe Nall 2 (0 min 13 sec)

Mamba at Joe Nall 1 (0 min 19 sec)

Mar 24, 2016, 11:14 AM
" I only fly Davebuilt"

Mamba

Quique,

It was a pleasure spending time and flying with you during OUR TEXAS adventure last November. You are a wealth of knowledge and a true ambassador for this hobby. I've talked a few of the guys at our local club to try your products (Ventique and QQ Extra) and so far they are performing flawlessly.

I've always been a fan of the round cowl pitts and my buddys python is a dream to fly. I'm sure the Mamba is going to be the best flying version to date....especially because it's built to accommodate the DA70. ..an incredible engine.

Hope you and your family are well and the roll out of this fantastic plane goes smoothly!

James
Last edited by wrjames38; Mar 24, 2016 at 11:47 AM.
Mar 24, 2016, 12:13 PM
Fly 3D and keep cool
Looks really nice!
Good flying Seth!
Ben VW
Mar 24, 2016, 09:55 PM
Permanently Banned
I like the crow in one of the pics. Flaps + spoilers!
Mar 30, 2016, 07:22 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac96
I like the crow in one of the pics. Flaps + spoilers!
I've seen that used in a video of the Segev Articulate biplane ... it really shortened the landing rollout which I wasn't expecting it to do.
Apr 05, 2016, 12:35 AM
Beautiful looking plane. I can hardly wait to see someone electrify one (no, it ain't going to be me, lol!).
Sep 27, 2016, 06:23 AM
New vid with 3W70 engine
QQ MAMBA 70cc Flex Innovations (2 min 46 sec)

Ciao Alexus
http://www.showfly.at
Sep 27, 2016, 07:17 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC
Beautiful looking plane. I can hardly wait to see someone electrify one (no, it ain't going to be me, lol!).
I flew an electric version a couple weeks ago, great flying plane, loved it.
Sep 30, 2016, 11:38 AM
John
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Balzer
nice video.
Nov 03, 2016, 03:18 PM

3D/freestyle capabilities

The mamba looks really amazing! It's a gorgeous eye catcher!

I built one with an electric setup, the same components as proposed by the electric conversion wiki page. At the moment I have neither attached the shark teeth leading edge nor I'm using a gyro.

I'm very happy when flying pattern aerobatics but I'm a little bit disappointed when it comes to 3D/freestyle aerobatics. Especially the low speed control when flying inverted harrier is bad. I'm not able to push the elevator more than approx. 25%-30% of the maximum throw otherwise the mamba overturns immediately. I have already tested different CG positions but without any success. Basically the same applies when pulling the elevator for starting to hoover or to torque.

Compared to my GB Models Yak 55M 2.2m the 3D capabilities are unfortunately worse

Has anybody else made the same experience?
Does a gyro improve the stability much or is it just an assistant?
Has anybody installed the PowerBox iGyro™3e? - I would not like to install the Aura 8 AFCS since it requires a S-Bus cable between the receiver and the Aura 8 which is for me not acceptable from the security point of view.

Quick Reply