EFlight UMX Radian Decal Problem - RC Groups
Mar 23, 2016, 11:25 PM
Discussion

EFlight UMX Radian Decal Problem

I have only one problem with this plane and it is the wing decals that are puffed up on every one I bought. I have to take a pin and pop the air bubbles in the wing decal on every one. Then because the decal is distorted it does not lay down well and causes wrinkles in it.
Now I just remove the decal altogether. It's aggressive tape and takes some thin layer of foam off the wing making it not smooth.
Anyone else find this problem?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2016, 11:51 AM
Slope-a-Dope
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip63
I have only one problem with this plane and it is the wing decals that are puffed up on every one I bought. I have to take a pin and pop the air bubbles in the wing decal on every one. Then because the decal is distorted it does not lay down well and causes wrinkles in it.
Now I just remove the decal altogether. It's aggressive tape and takes some thin layer of foam off the wing making it not smooth.
Anyone else find this problem?
Pretty much any decal on a foam glider is like that, IME.

Try warming the decal up before peeling it off. Hot water towel, hair dryer, etc...just enough heat to soften the adhesive and NOT soften, warp or melt the foam. Then lift as slowly as you can with even steady pull with the wing or panel securely held against something flat and flush with it.

HTH & Good luck