Micro Pix PX4 32-bit Autopilot Flight Controller V2.4.6 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 23, 2016, 07:38 AM
Discussion

Micro Pix PX4 32-bit Autopilot Flight Controller V2.4.6

If anyone has any personal experience with this flight controller plese post here. I cannot find any relevant information on the web.

Processor
- 32bit STM32F427 Cortex M4 core with FPU;
- 168 MHz
- 256 KB RAM
- 2 MB Flash
- 32bit STM32F103 failsafe co-processor
Sensor
- ST Micro L3GD20H 16 bit gyroscope
- ST Micro LSM303D 14 bit accelerometer / magnetometer
- Invensense MPU 6000 3-axis accelerometer/gyroscope
- MEAS MS5611 barometer
Parameters:
- Weight: 13g
- Dimension: 38mm*38mm*11mm
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2016, 08:48 AM
Very interesting.

Where is the SD card? No need due to 2MB Flash ?
Does it possible to connect Spektrum Sat?
Mar 23, 2016, 09:07 AM
I dont see any slot for sd card not even spektrum sat.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/F1694...9-38c2694c11d7
Apr 03, 2016, 01:36 PM
Simple is the best

Micro Pix PX4 32bit

I shared some photos before but I think this is the correct threat.

I ordered 3-4 week ago from xt-xinte

Box includes controller, buzzer, led- swich module and cables.
GPS&I2c cables not includes,
3.2.1 firmware pre installed.
Successful upgraded latest firmware.
Screw hole distance are 30.5mm.

I just see connector compatible M8N GPS module here and
Micro Pix & GPS combo here
I did not use yet
Cheers
Last edited by Widelec; Apr 03, 2016 at 01:57 PM.
Apr 03, 2016, 01:55 PM
Simple is the best
All cables are soft silicon and
all connectors are JST SH 1mm

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1493712
Apr 09, 2016, 08:37 PM
Hi,

I posted the following in another thread but I was asked to post here as well. This seems like the thread I should have posted to originally.

I finally received the MicroPix today. It looks like it was stuck in Customs in LA for ~ 5 days. Anyway, I took it out of the case to look inside and the smd components look well enough placed and soldered. On the circuit board there is a indication of two components for the I2C that aren't on the board, i.e. just silkscreen but no parts. Also, the GPS/Compass I linked too above: http://www.banggood.com/Ublox-NEO-M8..._content=73669
does not have the correct size 6 pin connector. The 6 pin connector is too big to fit into the GPS+I2C port. I have the appropriate 6 pin connector (don't know its size) so I will cut and solder the wires from the gps/compass to the correct size connector. I have hooked up the MicroPix to Mission Planner and it comes with Arducopter 3.2.1 installed. I haven't tried to update the firmware yet because I want to get the GPS up and running. Anyway, assuming it all works OK I think this was not a bad purchase. All the cables and buzzer plus button were included and XT-Xinte shipped quickly and it was very well packed.

I cut the GPS wires and then soldered on the correct size connector. The GPS/Compass works well and I got 7 satellites even with the GPS sitting on the table in the living room. I originally connected the Tx out from the GPS to Tx in of the Micro and Rx out to Rx in. This didn't work so I swapped the connections and everything was fine. The SDA and SCL connections from the compass go SDA to SDA and SCL to SCL. If you buy this compass the wiring is:
Vcc--red
Gnd--black
Txd--yellow
Rxd--white
Scl--green
Sda--blue

In Bangoods specs for this GPS / Compass it indicates voltage up to 3.6V. I connected directly to the Micropix which has an output voltage I measured of 4.6V. I suppose I have to be concerned about this but it has been up and running for at least an hour without problems.

Finally, believe it or not, my micro came with a 4Gb card installed in the slot! I thought it might be just a 'dummy' placed into the slot but it really works!

Hope this adds some info to the thread.

Eusebio
Last edited by ek123; Apr 09, 2016 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Added some GPS info
Apr 09, 2016, 10:11 PM
Wisconsin
Eusebio,
Most new GPS are 3.3v so it is not convenient with only 5v sources. If your 5v line is only 4.6v the flight controller is not going to be happy with that. It is below minimum. Is your supply voltage a full 5.3v?

I am posting the pinouts so it can be part of the early part of this thread. (Ah didn't notice it as attachment on the first post: )

Latest blog entry: Index to Articles
Apr 10, 2016, 01:48 AM
Hi Mike,
I measured the 5v out (got 4.6v) on the GPS+i2c connector when the micropix was plugged into the USB of my computer. I haven't plugged in a separate supply yet.

The GPS I bought is supposed to be OK with 5v in according to banggood (I'm skeptical). I looked inside the GPS module and there appears to be small voltage regulator. I am going to check if it outputs 3.3v tomorrow. Not sure what the Tx of the micropix is though.

Anyway I was playing with the GPS for sometime tonight. I set the baud to 57600 and the update rate to 10Hz. I used a 5v ftdi to set these parameters and then connected it up to the micropix and let it run for a few hours! No problems yet.

Regards,
Eusebio
Apr 10, 2016, 09:41 AM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ek123
Hi Mike,
I measured the 5v out (got 4.6v) on the GPS+i2c connector when the micropix was plugged into the USB of my computer. I haven't plugged in a separate supply yet.

The GPS I bought is supposed to be OK with 5v in according to banggood (I'm skeptical). I looked inside the GPS module and there appears to be small voltage regulator. I am going to check if it outputs 3.3v tomorrow. Not sure what the Tx of the micropix is though.

Anyway I was playing with the GPS for sometime tonight. I set the baud to 57600 and the update rate to 10Hz. I used a 5v ftdi to set these parameters and then connected it up to the micropix and let it run for a few hours! No problems yet.

Regards,
Eusebio
With the old APM all the GPS had 5v reg so it could easily have one. The voltage out of a USB port could easily be 5v vs the 5.3v that a proper PM will supply. But if you are getting 4.6v with a battery there is a problem and the FC considers that a brown-out.

Good Luck
Apr 14, 2016, 06:48 AM
Simple is the best
I tried setup yesterday
I think there was a hardware failure

my board losing calibration and setup values everly power lost
like this threat http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=14453

Mike,
could you confirm; have any issue your board ?
Apr 14, 2016, 09:30 AM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widelec
I tried setup yesterday

Mike,
I powered up and changed settings in the parameters, those changes held through a power up and also updating the firmware to 3.3.3 and again a power down and power up on two different units I have. But I did not go through the calibrations yet. So it depends on what you meant by "settings".

I was very surprised that they do not include a power module cable in the bundle of cables. Their pinout for their power module is very very wierd and you will not be able to find an adapter cable to plug and play with a "normal" Pixhawk power module anywhere. So it is very bad that they do not include one. The easy way to solve this is problem is to buy a "build-a-cable" kit from Readytoflquads. A 6 pin SH to Molex 6pin kit with extra cables. Then you can just insert the cables in the right holes in the wierd wiring scheme the morons who built this flight controller choose.

Pixhawk Standard Power module pinout

microPix power module pinout
Last edited by mike_kelly; Apr 14, 2016 at 10:29 AM.
Apr 14, 2016, 09:40 AM
Wisconsin
Quote:
I tried setup yesterday

Mike,
I powered up and changed settings in the parameters, those changes held through a power up and also updating the firmware to 3.3.3 and again a power down and power up. But I did not go through the calibrations yet.

I was very surprised that they do not include a power module cable in the bundle of cables. Their pinout for their power module is very very wierd and you will not be able to find an adapter cable to plug and play with a "normal" Pixhawk power module anywhere. So it is very bad that they do not include one. The easy way to solve this is problem is to buy a "build-a-cable" kit from Readytoflquads. A SH to Molex 6pin kit with extra cables. Then you can just insert the cables in the right holes in the wierd wiring scheme the morons who built this flight controller choose.
Apr 14, 2016, 09:43 AM
Simple is the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_kelly
I powered up and changed settings in the parameters, those changes held through a power up and also updating the firmware to 3.3.3 and again a power down and power up on two different units I have. But I did not go through the calibrations yet. So it depends on what you meant by "settings".
Rc calibration, compass calibration , acc calibration, flight mode setting , pid and ch 6,7,8 settings.
All that gone when power down. v3.2 or v3.3.3 Both of them.
Apr 14, 2016, 10:20 AM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Rc calibration, compass calibration , acc calibration, flight mode setting , pid and ch 6,7,8 settings.
All that gone when power down. v3.2 or v3.3.3 Both of them.
Erman,

I cal'ed the compass and it saved the values through a power down and reboot.

Maybe yours has bad memory?

Good Luck
Apr 14, 2016, 10:22 AM
Wisconsin

Gps

My Readytoflyquads mini 8 with straight through sh to sh cable works plug and play with this flight controller.

No I am not trying to promote RTFQ. They can be a pain to deal with for sure. But they have some things that other vendors don't have, like cable kits.