XK X251 whirlwind (in construction) - Page 4 - RC Groups
Mar 29, 2016, 07:24 PM
Orlando FL
it looks a little like this 200 QX frame upgrade, I wounder if it would fly with a 200 QX control board installed
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2016, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Maiden flight posted in #2
Your review has says it all Seby. This quad is better than the JJRC X1 hands down. Hopefully they could release it soon enough for us to play it. And would be great if they could reward early adopter with a special promo price. I am definitely buying this.
Mar 30, 2016, 12:19 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
I have to agree that the XK at the moment offers a better overal performance, even if the X1 might be a little more sporty on the pitch, which the 251 makes up for it in punch-outs, and a much more versatile radio, that can fly CP helicopters, and also fixed wing planes.

But it seems the X1 is getting updated, for instance yesterday alanmac posted pictures of an improved frame, with what looks to be a mounting hole for led covers, to make these more visible. If they also make the yaw more responsive and smooth, flight performance of the 2 will be very close again.
Mar 30, 2016, 12:34 AM
Hey manufacturers, can you please clone this?
Mar 30, 2016, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I have to agree that the XK at the moment offers a better overal performance, even if the X1 might be a little more sporty on the pitch, which the 251 makes up for it in punch-outs, and a much more versatile radio, that can fly CP helicopters, and also fixed wing planes.

But it seems the X1 is getting updated, for instance yesterday alanmac posted pictures of an improved frame, with what looks to be a mounting hole for led covers, to make these more visible. If they also make the yaw more responsive and smooth, flight performance of the 2 will be very close again.
Sounds a very good news for the JJRC X1 too
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Mar 30, 2016, 02:03 AM
I hope so, I really like the design of the X1, it's sleek, and I think that is also what makes it perform so well in windy conditions. If they get the yaw tuned better, and better night lights, it can still be a good contender. Range, speed and flight duration are already very good.
Mar 30, 2016, 02:18 AM
It's great that JJRC are actually listening to us, the customers. It's a big step up from usual. I wish more manufacturers would listen to the consumer.
Mar 30, 2016, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneRequired
It's great that JJRC are actually listening to us, the customers. It's a big step up from usual. I wish more manufacturers would listen to the consumer.

Well Wait & See.... we need 100% confirmation coz in the past JJRC never listened...
Mar 30, 2016, 02:23 AM
I added the failsafe test in #2
Mar 30, 2016, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Well Wait & See.... we need 100% confirmation coz in the past JJRC never listened...
Maybe it's because the X1 is made bi YiFei, and they are making the improvements?
Mar 30, 2016, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Maybe it's because the X1 is made bi YiFei, and they are making the improvements?
Yes you are right ... fixed are done but not directly by JJRC
Mar 30, 2016, 03:10 AM
Either way, I hope for manufacturers adopt this attitude.
Mar 30, 2016, 01:24 PM
Should fit the X251: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ST_SYP_2P.html
Mar 30, 2016, 09:34 PM
Would the Syma X5 FPV Kit be compatible with the XK X251 as well? It looks just like the X6 FPV camera, but comes with the monitor too.

Just trying to get some ideas and options going. I like the look of X252 better and haven't gotten into FPV yet, but eventually will. So I'm considering it, or separate FPV kit that I can then switch between various quads.
Mar 31, 2016, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotQuad
Would the Syma X5 FPV Kit be compatible with the XK X251 as well? It looks just like the X6 FPV camera, but comes with the monitor too.

Just trying to get some ideas and options going. I like the look of X252 better and haven't gotten into FPV yet, but eventually will. So I'm considering it, or separate FPV kit that I can then switch between various quads.
The Syma X5 FPV kit comes with a 3 position 1.25mm mini JST connector. We need a 4 one here ...