XK X251 whirlwind (in construction) - Page 265 - RC Groups
Aug 30, 2017, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
Again, you have to set the D/R for both sides of the stick travel for each channel. I can't remember which channels are numbered which on the transmitter, but just say that channel 1 is throttle. Say that is originally set to 100, and you adjust it to 125 - that is just for the top half of the throttle. If you then move the throttle stick down, you will see it change back to 100, that is because the bottom half of the throttle is still set to 100, so you have to set this to 125 as well. You have to do this for each of the channel numbers, and do it all again for when the D/R switch is set to the other position.
Thanks a lot for all the tips, everything turned out, now betaflight sees the middle point exactly at 1500, and I could not think that the sticks should be calibrated in both directions, and I always did the adjustment in one direction only, so I constantly skewed on indications. Thank you again for all your help.
By the way, you were right and in that the range of sticks on the same transmitters is different, I got it:
0 1007 2031
1 1007 2031
2 1007 2031
3 1110 1930
Last edited by gavachkin; Aug 30, 2017 at 12:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2017, 02:26 PM
No problem. I'm glad you got it working .
Sep 12, 2017, 10:12 PM
Okay, I got to about post 99 in this thread and will keep reading through the entire thing because I have the x251 sitting in its box and an x100 that I'm trying to transition to 3G on. I asked a question on the very short x100 threads I found but they hadn't had any activity since 2016 so I'm not sure if anyone will see my post. Am I missing another x100 thread. As much as everyone talks about the quad I would have thought there would be one longer than the low teens in posts.

Anyway, here is my frustration-

Okay, I've hammered my second X100 (first is somewhere in my neighbor's tree and hopefully found when the leaves come off to salvage what I can) enough trying to get to 3G. I've worked the Gyro down to 42 and can fly it around pretty fluidly with no problem. I have the D/R set to 25/25/90 on low and 50/50/100 on high, expo on 5/5/55 high or low (don't even know why), Tcurve 0/25/55/80/100 both ways but I've messed with those settings a lot. Pcurve (does it have any effect on quads, I think someone posted that it doesn't?) 0/30/4575/100 and and Gyro at 42.

With these settings it whips around pretty good. When I flip the Gear switch so the Gyro hits 41 or even if I just change the Gyro with the Gear switch up, I crash immediately. Well, not every time. sometime I get it in the air enough to crash it violently. I've noticed that it seems the motors cut out momentarily, I probably push up on the throttle at that moment and it's heading for the crash.

I did hold the copter with my fingers and the motors didn't cut out so I feel it must be something I'm doing but I can't figure out what.

Anybody have any suggestions before I'm flying my third and ordering my 4th?.
Sep 12, 2017, 10:49 PM
You can find the main X100 thread here.

You'll find no recent activity there either, probably because most of us realized that it was a completely under-powered quad for Acro (never mind 3D) with very limited flight times, and that it breaks far too easily - which requires you to replace the entire flight controller because it is integrated in the frame. There are far far better Acro trainers out there now.

Pitch curve settings are relevant to Helicopters and 3D quads, so it is relevant to the X100.

If you look on page 9 of the X100 manual it gives you the T-curve and P-curve settings you have to program into the X7 transmitter for 3D idle (hold the Mode button to access the settings). Make sure the top-left shoulder switch is pulled towards you when you set these (and the Acro switch is on). When these settings are saved that switch will activate 3D (you also have to be in Acro mode).

Make sure you use a different model slot for X100, and not the same one as the X251.

My advice to you though, is to not to waist any more money on the X100. Trust me, the novelty will wear off.

But, if you feel you must continue with it, you should probably direct your questions to the main X100 thread. I'll be there to answer as many questions that I can remember the answers to, and you may even find some people there that actually still like the thing (if anyone else is still subscribed to it).
Sep 12, 2017, 11:36 PM
Ya my X251 is no more but the TX is nice so I got a compatible s-bus receiver and a eachine wizard arf that was 99.99 this weekend on banggood. The X251 was nice while it lasted but had a tendency to drift and was not true 3d capable.
Sep 12, 2017, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
You can find the main X100 thread here.

You'll find no recent activity there either, probably because most of us realized that it was a completely under-powered quad for Acro (never mind 3D) with very limited flight times, and that it breaks far too easily - which requires you to replace the entire flight controller because it is integrated in the frame. There are far far better Acro trainers out there now.

Pitch curve settings are relevant to Helicopters and 3D quads, so it is relevant to the X100.

If you look on page 9 of the X100 manual it gives you the T-curve and P-curve settings you have to program into the X7 transmitter for 3D idle (hold the Mode button to access the settings). Make sure the top-left shoulder switch is pulled towards you when you set these (and the Acro switch is on). When these settings are saved that switch will activate 3D (you also have to be in Acro mode).

Make sure you use a different model slot for X100, and not the same one as the X251.

My advice to you though, is to not to waist any more money on the X100. Trust me, the novelty will wear off.

But, if you feel you must continue with it, you should probably direct your questions to the main X100 thread. I'll be there to answer as many questions that I can remember the answers to, and you may even find some people there that actually still like the thing (if anyone else is still subscribed to it).
LOL, I still like the X100. Then again, I rarely fly it. Last time I flew it I nearly bombed a freeway 150 yards away while struggling for control. This little bird is tougher than a potato chip...not as tough as a poker chip. My advice...fly on grass...with no trees or freeways nearby.

And speaking of the 251...I haven't flown either of mine in a while. So I took one of them out last week and promptly forgot the warning about (and experience of) needing to tighten the props. The 251 really doesn't like crashing bottoms-up on asphalt. The prop gently sailing away in the breeze was kinda pretty, though.
Sep 13, 2017, 06:58 PM
Hello, i have broken ESC, is there a way to find out its version? tnx
Sep 13, 2017, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by typ6insky
Hello, i have broken ESC, is there a way to find out its version? tnx
how do you know it's the esc and not the motor? where did you buy it how long ago?
Sep 13, 2017, 07:16 PM
I do not know when it was bought, its have carbon chassis,like on old versions. Mosfets on esc was cracked. I wanna repair it,if it have full acro,but I need to find out before repairing
Last edited by typ6insky; Sep 13, 2017 at 07:24 PM.
Sep 13, 2017, 07:36 PM
well the escs are built into the main board and you basically need to replace the whole board unless theres another way. of course any board you would buy now would not have acro anymore as they were phased out. look at the non-working esc for wires that may have come detached. otherwise forget the drone and use the tx for something better.