XK X251 whirlwind (in construction) - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 24, 2016, 05:46 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Yes for sure by modding the LiPo... What I mean here, I regret the non-presence of the main lead connectors.... Ultra beginners won't do the battery mod and will buy official spare....

Not directly modding the LiPo, but just make an extra lead between the LiPo balance plug and charger.

But I agree it's a weird choice to lwave out an main charge plug. This is one thing the X1 does better.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2016, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Not directly modding the LiPo, but just make an extra lead between the LiPo balance plug and charger.

But I agree it's a weird choice to lwave out an main charge plug. This is one thing the X1 does better.

Luckely turnigy nanotech 950 fit perfectly : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Mar 24, 2016, 12:31 PM
Added new interior photos & text ...
Mar 26, 2016, 12:23 PM
I dont like crashes!
You have mentioned the bigger diameter of the motor shaft is 5mm. So why shouldnt it be possible to use props with 5mm mounting hole?

Whats the size and pitch of the stock props?

Are another FPV cams compatible? Or only the two you have posted in the review before? (Yizhan and WLtoys I think)
Mar 26, 2016, 01:20 PM
I take it the Tarantula X6 battery doesn't fit? By my non-caliper measurements, it's about 28mm vs the 25mm of the Turnigy you've shown to fit.
Mar 26, 2016, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer
You have mentioned the bigger diameter of the motor shaft is 5mm. So why shouldnt it be possible to use props with 5mm mounting hole?

Whats the size and pitch of the stock props?

Are another FPV cams compatible? Or only the two you have posted in the review before? (Yizhan and WLtoys I think)
The shaft have two diameters. At base it's 5mm, while the inner and the screw part are 4mm ... so I need something in 4mm left hand/CCW ...

No idea about the pitch of the original prop ... but I don't think the pitch is very big..
Mar 26, 2016, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotQuad
I take it the Tarantula X6 battery doesn't fit? By my non-caliper measurements, it's about 28mm vs the 25mm of the Turnigy you've shown to fit.
I don't thing the X6 battery will fit (too large)
Mar 27, 2016, 02:19 AM
I dont like crashes!
I like the battery compartment. Looks like it is easy to mod if needed for bigger batts!
Also I like the hold switch. Makes it easier and safer.
Mar 27, 2016, 02:23 AM
I dont like crashes!
Quote:
The shaft have two diameters. At base it's 5mm, while the inner and the screw part are 4mm ... so I need something in 4mm left hand/CCW ...

No idea about the pitch of the original prop ... but I don't think the pitch is very big..
I havent asked for the prop nut.

My question was why it shouldnt be possible to use common props with a 5mm mounting hole.
Should be possible with the 5mm diameter at the base of the motor shaft.
Mar 27, 2016, 02:43 AM
Has it arrived?
Mar 27, 2016, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer
I havent asked for the prop nut.

My question was why it shouldnt be possible to use common props with a 5mm mounting hole.
Should be possible with the 5mm diameter at the base of the motor shaft.
One problem also the 5mm section have a very low profile 2-3mm maximum.... so maybe it's challenging to find such 5mm compatible props in the market. I don't say it's impossible, but tricky
Mar 27, 2016, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneRequired
Has it arrived?
Not yet ... I believed I ordered the prop cap in Fr but in fact was in belgium .... and with last events, etc... I am afraid it impacted a bit postal shipping
Mar 27, 2016, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Not yet ... I believed I ordered the prop cap in Fr but in fact was in belgium .... and with last events, etc... I am afraid it impacted a bit postal shipping
That's unfortunate, but defiantly understandable. I'll just have to wait a little bit longer.
Mar 28, 2016, 01:21 PM
Great review! I really like this drone. Do you have any idea when it might be available in the U.S.A.?
Thank you
Mar 28, 2016, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcaliber
Great review! I really like this drone. Do you have any idea when it might be available in the U.S.A.?
Thank you
I guess now it's a question of couple of days ....