Jun 20, 2016, 07:00 AM
Turn on, Tune in, fly away..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog
I like their helis, but there quads are absolutely rubbish.
Amazing. You should have no problems with BG getting your money back on that.
They are pretty reasonable people with serious QC issues like this.

I agree with the heli thing. My K100 and K120 helis were both pretty much perfect out of the box.
Instead of the k110 heli, I opted for the V977 which is also great.

Their X380 and X100 Quads are good, X251 is/was good?
I was looking at the 350 today but your post has me thinking twice.

Good luck.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2016, 07:27 AM
'All Airy' theres nowt better
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1N2939

Their X380 and X100 Quads are good, X251 is/was good?
I was looking at the 350 today but your post has me thinking twice.

Good luck.
I agree 1N2939, I think its safe to say the X251 in V2 onwards is OK. V1 was near to perfect & they have lost many supporters/buyers due to the 'quiet' change & not being honest.
Jun 20, 2016, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor C
I agree 1N2939, I think its safe to say the X251 in V2 onwards is OK. V1 was near to perfect & they have lost many supporters/buyers due to the 'quiet' change & not being honest.
Totally agree with that, never buying another product from them again!
Jun 20, 2016, 09:19 AM
I'd stay away from the xk x350 for now. That fluttering prop issue is really an insane vibration issue. For some it seems to throw the FCB off so bad it starts oscillating and you start to loose control. It also starts this forward backwards pitch oscillation thing when you try to fly forward above 65% throttle.
There are a few vids on YouTube with this issue.

Odd since the motor sans props runs smooth as silk full throttle. But at between low and mid the whole copter vibrates and shakes. Again this is without props.

The xk x251 is a good flyer. Good pitch, but lousy roll. Slides out on turns too much.
It is powerful and smooth. I am upset the they took out acro mode though.

But I will say It's a tough quad. Body is weak, but structure is solid.

And dang this shattering props thing is mad! Friggin scary. My fiance will not stay outside with me when I try this thing. I put on safety glasses. But ot is scary. Those things fling off like mad on all directions.

Maybe related to the vibration issue.

Also love the loose screw inside floating around potentially causing loss of control in 6g. Wonder if it was shorting something out.
Jun 20, 2016, 11:10 AM
FPVito
Quote:
I'd stay away from the xk x350 for now. That fluttering prop issue is really an insane vibration issue. For some it seems to throw the FCB off so bad it starts oscillating and you start to loose control. It also starts this forward backwards pitch oscillation thing when you try to fly forward above 65% throttle.

Odd since the motor sans props runs smooth as silk full throttle. But at between low and mid the whole copter vibrates and shakes. Again this is without props.

The xk x251 is a good flyer. Good pitch, but lousy roll. Slides out on turns too much.

And dang this shattering props thing is mad! Friggin scary. My fiance will not stay outside with me when I try this thing. I put on safety glasses. But ot is scary. Those things fling off like mad on all directions.

Also love the loose screw inside floating around potentially causing loss of control in 6g. Wonder if it was shorting something out.
Lol well it started to pitch and roll after the screw fell out!
If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...
Jun 20, 2016, 11:11 AM
Registered Fiend
To those guys having X350 wobbles.

Try balancing the blades. I found it was possible to be flying ok and then crash bending or dinging up teh props, not break them but still make it unflyable. I did the same in one of my videos with it (x350 -tree 1 me -0) and it flew fine with slofly on there after. Rebalancing them sorted it and made it flyable.
Dubro had to have one side reversed to fit these keyed props on
Dubro mounting by micro RC fiend, on Flickr

The other aspect worth looking at if you have vibes is motor mounting. they are just mounted on plastic lugs which flex and break fairly easy IF you hit the motors right or hit the props hard enough to push the motors around.

I got round this by using some alu motor mounts and epoxy to fix them in solid.
DAMAGE (8) by micro RC fiend, on Flickr

REPAIR (5) by micro RC fiend, on Flickr

REPAIR (1) by micro RC fiend, on Flickr

REPAIR (2) by micro RC fiend, on Flickr

If I was still flying it then I would wrap clear tape around the legs and body too as it cracks up and twists much easier without this on crashes.

It went form unflyable to almost as good as new with those mods and full recommend them.
Jun 20, 2016, 12:16 PM
FPVito
So, Solo and SeBy have been awesome enough to get us Noobs started with the settings on the x7 Tx, but unfortunately never touched up on Expo Settings. Did a bit of trial and error and learned quite a bit;

Heres my Expo settings for the x100 and the x251.
Still trying to figure out P.Curve on the x100 , since i dont think the x251 does P.Curve.

Roll = Channel 1
Pitch = Channel 2
Yaw = Channel 4

Xk X100 Expo
------------------------
Channel | Value
1 | -05
2 | -10
4 | 04
-----------------------

Xk X251 Expo
------------------------
Channel | Value
1 | -10
2 | -10
4 | 05
-----------------------
As you can see, i prefer my Yaw response instant, and my pitch/roll to have a nice floaty feel to it.

Before this expo change on my x251, it was a snappy aggressive beast. Now its a tamed beast, only snapping when you ask for it.

The expo can create a more sensitve or less sensitive middle stick response. So in real terms it will make your model either more twitchy around the centre stick or less twitchy around centre stick.

To calm a model down around centre stick with a futaba radio you would set -ve expo.

To make a model more responsive around centre stick with a futaba radio you would set +ve expo
Jun 21, 2016, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Daher
So, Solo and SeBy have been awesome enough to get us Noobs started with the settings on the x7 Tx, but unfortunately never touched up on Expo Settings. Did a bit of trial and error and learned quite a bit;

Heres my Expo settings for the x100 and the x251.
Still trying to figure out P.Curve on the x100 , since i dont think the x251 does P.Curve.
Hi Vito. No pitch curve for x100. It's a setting for helis only. All of these radios are shared with the xk heli line.
Jun 21, 2016, 11:39 AM
FPVito
Quote:
Hi Vito. No pitch curve for x100. It's a setting for helis only. All of these radios are shared with the xk heli line.
Oh good, THANKS!

I was starting to think I was crazy.
Jun 21, 2016, 02:41 PM
Hello Everyone!!

Looking for some help with a battery. I have two XK batteries and have gotten tired of not being able to use my normal lipo charger. I bought the nano -tech 0.95 that was talked about earlier in this thread. I charged the new battery on my charger and all was well. When I went to plug the battery in it shorted out and melted the plug. Was I supposed to rewire this battery or something? or was it a problem with the battery. Kind of a noob to this stuff and thought this battery would be a direct fit. As you can see by the photo it melted the plug.

Thank You
Jun 21, 2016, 02:52 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Nano 950 should literally be plug and play. Are you sure you didn't try to connect the battery backwards to the quad? If there was something wrong with the battery plug on the Nanotech, your charger would have acted up for sure.
Jun 21, 2016, 02:55 PM
Quote:

I had an XK X350 that I bought from Hobby King and had the same vibration problem. I submitted a couple of videos of the problem and they gave me a full refund. That could have been a fantastic drone had the motors been ok. In the XK X350 thread they were convinced the motors needed to be rewound or replaced. Some guys did everything from motor mounts to new frames and the only solution that worked all of the time was to fix the motors.
Jun 21, 2016, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Nano 950 should literally be plug and play. Are you sure you didn't try to connect the battery backwards to the quad? If there was something wrong with the battery plug on the Nanotech, your charger would have acted up for sure.
That was my first thought that I tried to connect backwards. But as I rechecked the pins that melted they matched with the plug as being correct alignment. Correct me if I'm wrong isn't the plug, a balance plug? I charged the battery via the normal jst connector so if their was a problem the charger may not have picked it up?

Thanks
Jun 21, 2016, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXRaider
That was my first thought that I tried to connect backwards. But as I rechecked the pins that melted they matched with the plug as being correct alignment. Correct me if I'm wrong isn't the plug, a balance plug? I charged the battery via the normal jst connector so if their was a problem the charger may not have picked it up?

Thanks
I have two nanotech batteries and I connect it to Imax B6 with both plugs and charge with balance option. No problem with it.
Jun 21, 2016, 04:15 PM
FPVito
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXRaider

Thanks
Same here, using the nano-tech 950mAh on the charger the x251 brought and its all good so far.

HOWEVER.
When I plug in my battery, I do often hear electrical zapping the moment the pins first touch. Not always, but often.

Quick Reply