Jun 02, 2016, 06:50 PM

Specs

This is the spec listing for the real thing. But if you read between the lines it pretty much the same spec a I would have.
My camera is 10x zoom and .0001 lux on the low light camera as I can't afford a flir.
Pretty much everything else is should be the same but maybe data and video link distance.

But basically it hobbyking and bandgood lol

The ELIX-XL is a small, man-portable, ruggedized Vertical Take-Off and Landing Unmanned Aerial system designed to capture and transmit high quality digital video.

The ELIX-XL is designed as a complete solution, capable of handling exterior reconnaissance flights. Autonomous capabilities and simple navigation and camera control makes it possible for anyone to fly ELIX- XL with only a few hours of training.

Automatic take-off and landing enables the operator to focus on tasks at hand and enables the unite to be launched without any launch mechanism and land without a landing pad.

With a snap together, tool-less assembly, the system is easy man-portable and capable of rapid deployment.

The ELIX-XL is a modular multicopter system. Hardware and software are developed and tested by ELI Military Simulations. ELIX-XLsystem offers a wide range of different capabilities like:

Real time video from two gyro stabilized onboard cameras(Sony and Flir)
On board video recorder
Fully autonomous flight control including takeoff and landing
Autonomous mission execution with option to change all parameters during flight
Ability to select active waypoints and/or change waypoint coordinates and parameters
Different preprogrammable flight patterns
Definable actions in case of errors and loss of data link (Return Home, Proceed with Mission, Emergency landing after critical error etc.)
Multi sensor usage
Low noise and weak radar footprint
Controllable navigation lights

The system consists of two main parts - autonomous air vehicle and the human operated ground segment - Ground Control Station. ELIX-XL is a multi-purpose UAV system that can be used in various scenarios, for example:

border patrol
reconnaissance/observation
aerial photography
geophysical prospecting
disaster monitoring
coastguard service
day/night reconnaissance
battlefield monitoring
target positioning
battlefield damage and casualty assessment

The UAV can be operated in various environmental conditions in a wide temperature range (-20...+50C). The system is designed with the latest technology to provide high functionality. with low pricing. ELIX-XL multirotor set is packed into military grade backpack and is carried/ operated by one person.

The ELIX-XL takes off and lands automatically. Operator has to designate a landing area on the map if it differs from takeoff point.

ELIX-XL specifications
Due to the flexible concept the exact technical data depends on the individual setup.

Multirotor technical parameters:
Length folded 620.6mm
Length flight conditions 1164,3mm
Width folded 282mm
Width flight conditions 1164,3mm
Weight 5200g
Rotors 4
Supply LiPo 22.2v 21Ah
Multirotor Flight parameters:

Flight time max 45min*
Distance 7000m*
Operational ceiling 500m
Speed max 16m/s
Wind max 8m/s
Datalink range 7000m*
Videolink range 7000m*
Sensors gyroscope, acceleration, compass, GPS, Altitude

Imaging sensors

TYPE SONY HD 1280 x 720p HD
FLIR TAU II Resolution 640x512

Zoom 12x optical 8x digital

Sensitivity Less than 1.0 lx (F1.6, 50 IRE) <50 mK, spectral band 7.5-13.5μm

Controlling
3 axis stabilization

Multirotor Platform

ELIX-XL frame is fully modular design from carbon fiber. Critical parts are made from light metals. All details are precision CNC manufactured. Multirotor construction is strong enough to withstand rough landings.

Camera gimbal is in the nose module. Both cameras are mounted on a mechanism, which compensates the UAV’s movement along all axes and therefore keeps the camera module always orientated.

CENTER BODY/AIRFRAME:

Body center holds the arms and supports FC, batteries, gimbal, receiver and other sensors.

ARMS and LANDING SKID:

Foldable arms are made from carbon tubs for easy transportation. The whole design gives possibility for fast deployment.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 03, 2016, 03:09 PM
Military Drone Clone Project. - EO/IR system build First step (0 min 23 sec)
Jun 07, 2016, 09:56 AM

Laser Arrived today

Wa hoo the IR laser for the designator arrived today
Jun 19, 2016, 04:30 PM

Mocked up

So I cut out of plywood the front half of the craft to start mounting the gimbal parts as I slowly start to reproduce them.

I am making the mold for the first part today., hope to cast the first component this week
Jun 26, 2016, 07:40 AM

a little progress

the mould for the Yaw control arm is done.
first casting is out.
Roll control arm is setting right now and if all is good will cast the first one this evening.
Then tomorrow sand it and paint it.
Then start working on the ball. wa hooo
Jun 26, 2016, 07:31 PM

Next update

Well got the second mould completed today.
Cast the first part.
Will sand it in the next couple days and then paint it.
Then assembled the components to make sure it is all fitting still. Then time to start the ball.
Jun 26, 2016, 08:15 PM
nice work Ricky
pm sent
Jun 27, 2016, 09:16 PM

little update

This is today's bit of work
So i have found a couple issues. The lower plate is just slightly to long and rubbing on the yaw arm. So drawing updated
Need heavier Dampener balls, these are 60 gram and they are too light.
The landing gear is to short, but that was expected and will be adjusted.
The upper surface of the yaw arms rubs slightly on the dampener balls and so needs some washers to give a bit more room. will need to look into that further.
Last edited by Rickyg32; Jun 27, 2016 at 09:21 PM.
Jun 28, 2016, 09:12 PM
EO IR system build second step (0 min 33 sec)
Jun 28, 2016, 09:58 PM
nice. just keep posting, just keep posting.
Jun 29, 2016, 12:26 AM
Awesome! What are you going to name it?
Jun 29, 2016, 07:05 AM
The original machine is ELI-XL
I am calling it RG-XL the first two letters are for my name and the second because I am not particularly original

Lol

This week I will start the ball construction. I have the outside of the ball modeled, It needs a bit of touch up sanding and priming and then it can be cast. This will give me the outer shell and then I will have to build the interior that supports the cameras and laser. Long way to go. But in the next day or two I will post new pictures of the two parts assembled and painted. Will mount them on the mockup frame as well.
Jul 11, 2016, 08:36 AM

Update (Military Drone Clone)

a quick update on the Military Drone Clone project. Specifically the Gimbal portion of the project. Its starting to take shape. I need to finish sanding and then start setting up the first molds of it. Going to start with the front and back covers then the internal camera mounts. I need to tweak the mount to make sure its easy to put together.

Then I think I need to remake the roll and pitch arm. I don't think it came out square as I had expected
Jul 11, 2016, 05:57 PM
I'm New
nice, following
Jul 13, 2016, 02:08 PM
Out of the way, Peck!
Paper or plastic spheres.

http://www.cannonfuse.com/store/pc/P...ell-6-7p39.htm

Quick Reply