Vector Waypoint Usage and Support - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by JohnET, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 14, 2016, 05:16 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeStyle
hey quick question, i am currently using this software version Vector Software BETA Version 12.07 + Vector Firmware Version 2.13, when i hit the waypoint tab the google map never shows up, i just have a blank white square. i cant do anything. anyone know why??
Do you have Google Earth on your computer?

Sudsy
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2016, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeStyle
hey quick question, i am currently using this software version Vector Software BETA Version 12.07 + Vector Firmware Version 2.13, when i hit the waypoint tab the google map never shows up, i just have a blank white square. i cant do anything. anyone know why??
There is a problem with beta versions due to a change at Google https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2663063 even if you don't get the pop up it's the same problem.
May 14, 2016, 07:13 PM
I did not, i went and got it but the same problem is happening now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy
Do you have Google Earth on your computer?

Sudsy
May 14, 2016, 07:14 PM
I tried d/l the newest beta again but im getting the same problem still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbiner
There is a problem with beta versions due to a change at Google https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2663063 even if you don't get the pop up it's the same problem.
May 14, 2016, 10:56 PM
ChrisI
You connected to Internet? Looks like connectivity issue of some type.

KG5BBF AMA#954079
May 15, 2016, 11:14 AM
yes im connected to internet
May 15, 2016, 01:06 PM
Aren't we all??
May 16, 2016, 08:30 AM
ChrisI
Not always😙 ! New Beta worked fine for me. They did great job getting it ironed out quickly.

KG5BBF AMA#954079
May 18, 2016, 11:50 AM
Do you feel lucky punk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLs
Same sort of error latest version but looks at Google Maps

I have turned in ticket. This worked for almost a week??!!

KG5BBF AMA#954079
This just started happening to me a few days ago!
May 19, 2016, 11:05 AM
ChrisI
They posted new version of Beta with same number but then updated it and data logger not starting is causing shut down of program. Stuck for now, or at least I am with Win10

KG5BBF AMA#954079
May 19, 2016, 12:54 PM
We are still working on a fix for this. In the meantime, you should be able to use the latest beta software by right clicking on the icon after installing and selecting "Run As Administrator" on Windows 10. Please keep an eye on the following thread as we will update it when we have a permanent fix;

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2663063
May 19, 2016, 06:08 PM
Is there still a 1k range limit .?
Jun 01, 2016, 04:12 PM
ChrisI
Thought I should as least make a note that I finally got to test out waypoint flying on Sunday morning. I had built and saved two sets of waypoints and had one loaded before going out to our flying field. There is a lot of room around the field do thought a good place to test things out. I have no wifi out there. I flew the courses several times, even loaded one on my little 250 and with 15mph winds I was impressed. I had zero issues other than my antenna tracker quit working due to a servo motor failing-totally separate problem. Am impressed! Now just wish I could build courses in the field. My computer refused to tether to my phone and appears I have to pay for that capability. Seems a really huge ripoff in my opinion so will do without for now at least.

KG5BBF AMA#954079
Jun 01, 2016, 10:24 PM
It's Just a Hobby!

Microsoft "Second Tuesday Updates"

We should all be aware that every "second Tuesday" of every month Microsoft releases "updates". Now with Win 10 you don't even get a prompt that updates are available like you did in previous versions of Windows. I used to have a Win Update icon on my desktop and if the computer acted strange I could check and would sometimes get updates. I miss all of this with Win10. Also to note if MS ever releases an update on any other day of the month they are responding to a serious issue.

Point.

Everyone flying a Vector should keep an eye on the updates. It seems some of this stuff has it's impact on the Vector software.

If anyone see's an update/issue with the Vector software this would be a great place to post a warning. I will!

Oh and don't forget the Java and Adobe updates that come along with the MS updates usually.

Sudsy
Jun 06, 2016, 12:59 PM
I would not trust a window 10 OS with a machine in the air, nor anything for that matter. Very invasive inferior OS which is really just spyware, that should be illegal for MS to release.