This thread is privately moderated by JohnET, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 26, 2016, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
But what I was trying to say is when in the offline mode you must select a model type before creating a session. Otherwise it is a session for a fixed wing. I don't know if a wing or V-tail is different yet but I was trying to setup sessions for a multi.

Sudsy
FYI,
Once you have a session saved you can load it offline (without the model connected) make changes and then save the changes to that session or rename it as a new waypoint session. Of course, if you want t fly that session you will need to connect the model and load the session.

But that means you can share that session with others for those of you that might want to try autonomous pattern flying to waypoints or autonomous racing (sounds weird), or just share waypoint sessions with all of your similar type models.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2016, 03:44 PM
My Problem with the Speed between the Waypoints:

Auto RTH/WP Speed in the Safety-TAB is 50km/h and in the RTH-Mode is it functional so.
But the Auto WP Speed is only 20km/h, wind is still. The Copter should fly faster.
When i switch to RTH, the Speed is 50km/h! WP-Mode only 20km/h.

Why is the Speed by Waypoint-Nav only 20km/h?
Mar 28, 2016, 03:35 PM

Airspeed

What we need is to be able to set minimum airspeed otherwise automated flight can be risky. I had my minimum ground speed set at 22mph but in waypoint mode with a tail wind the airspeed was only 11mph that's close to stall speed so I had to abort waypoint mode. Same applies in RTH mode. Okay I can increase the minimum ground speed but that is not ideal. This is not an issue for multicopters of course.
Last edited by Turbiner; Mar 28, 2016 at 04:03 PM.
Mar 29, 2016, 08:14 AM
Hey Guys,

A couple updates;

- We are making a change so that the application remembers the frame type you used last. This should be in the next update.

- We are working on having closed loop speed control that will take advantage of an airspeed sensor. No ETA but it is in the works.

Regards, John
Mar 30, 2016, 07:56 PM
I did some tests today where I had my 250 quad go to a waypoint and loiter or land. With the v2 gps the loiter was very accurate but the landings were within an eight ft circle. I wonder how this compares to the beta testers experience. I'm going to recalibrate the compass and gyros and try a more complicated course tomorrow.

Joe T
Mar 31, 2016, 02:56 PM

MTD Fixed Wing

Tested waypoint mode today, 10 waypoints with return to launch on the last one. I set the ground speed quite high to keep it safe in the windy conditions. Despite the wind (12 to 18mph) the plane locked into the waypoints with no problems, at the last waypoint it turned right on return to launch where the best direction would have been a left turn, no problem though and it returned and loitered beautifully. So I can report that the system worked very well and will be even better once we have the closed loop airspeed. Excellent really pleased with it.
Apr 03, 2016, 07:37 PM
Here is a programmed flight plan and the actual flight plan of a 250 size quad racer.

Joe T
Apr 04, 2016, 04:37 AM
Have somebody problems with the waypoint speed with Quadrocopter?
I set the RTH/waypoint speed at 50km/h, but the speed in waypoint mode is only 17-19km/h.
RTH speed works correct at 50km/h.
Last edited by Titanex7; Apr 04, 2016 at 04:48 AM.
Apr 11, 2016, 11:57 AM
Is the camera control in reference to triggering?
Apr 11, 2016, 01:42 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanex7 View Post
I set the RTH/waypoint speed at 50km/h, but the speed in waypoint mode is only 17-19km/h.
This sounds familiar. Look back in this forum and it shouldn't be very far back. Waypoints were just released.

Bet I get there first.

Sudsy

It must be over on the other Vector forum for multirotors and fixed wing.
Last edited by Sudsy; Apr 11, 2016 at 01:50 PM. Reason: last line
Apr 11, 2016, 02:01 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanex7 View Post
Post this over at this forum and see if you don't get some help.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...32857&page=736

Sudsy
Apr 14, 2016, 08:13 PM
I'm going to be testing out the waypoints feature on my FPV airplane tomorrow! I've made a test course and will let you know how it goes! I'm very excited about these new features.
Apr 17, 2016, 04:50 AM
Hi all
I was able to have an extensive test on the waypoints today with my twin dream and i'm happy to report it worked very well
i'm loving the real simple map setup with the waypoint options eg: loiter, height, return to home etc and the ability to crete and save the waypoints offline so i can upload to the vector later on.

There was a bit of wind today and the plane still managed no problem at all,
having said that the next update to use the Airspeed sensor will be an added bonus

below is a quick video from one my flights today

Eagletree Vector OSD Beta Waypoints Test (2 min 51 sec)
Last edited by evo101; Apr 18, 2016 at 01:36 AM.
Apr 17, 2016, 07:32 PM
When I got to the air strip today I expected a programmed figure eight flight path to be located over the strip but it appeared to be about 45 degrees out of alignment with the strip. I should have recalibrated the gps and tried again but ran out of time . I looked in the menu for an offset but could not find it. Anybody know what's going on?

Joe T
Apr 18, 2016, 11:18 PM
Any Idea when the height restriction will be removed? I fly in the mountains and the 400' restriction really limits my ability to fly by waypoints.