Vector Waypoint Usage and Support - Page 20 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by JohnET, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 27, 2017, 11:36 AM
Wreckonnaissance Airlines
I want to fly long-range, fully-autonomous Waypoint Missions. I'm leaning toward buying the Vector Flight Controller, but I noticed the following in the Vector User Guide:
"Note that even with expanded ranges, if lost radio link is detected, waypoint navigation will stop and RTH will be activated, if RTH is configured correctly."
Due to the remote mountainous desert region over which I want fly survey Missions, there won't always be a radio link to the Fixed Wing UAV. Does this fact rule-out the Vector for me or is there a way to disable this radio-link requirement?
Thanks,
Geoff
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2017, 12:12 PM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
I wanted this option also, but it won't happen with Eagletree. You could disable the failsafe in the Vector GUI so that your waypoint mission continues in the event of failsafe, but otherwise there is no way to disable this "feature".
Oct 28, 2017, 02:26 PM
Arduplane is far more capable for autonomous mapping missions. I have both, and find Vector way too limiting for serious mapping, surveying, etc.

Kelly
Oct 28, 2017, 03:30 PM
I personally am not interested in having it to fly serious mapping or surveying missions - I just wanted to be able to let my Mini Talon reach farther than my radio system was allowing me to, but had the capacity to. I rectified my situation by getting a DragonLink UHF system.
Oct 28, 2017, 04:14 PM
DL will do the job, assuming correct antennas on both ends.
Oct 28, 2017, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkf94025
DL will do the job, assuming correct antennas on both ends.
You bet it does the job! I now have to be sure that I have enough battery to get back home, as the radio can outfly the capacity my Mini Talon can carry! Point being, waypoint missions are no longer limited by my radio system as they once used to be.