Vector Waypoint Usage and Support - Page 2 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by JohnET, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 23, 2016, 09:14 PM
Great report Jim. Your experience mirrors mine with Vector cruise speed setting on Radian Pro. Just above stall speed results in some wandering and mild tip stalls. Bumping cruise speed up +5kts over stall speed greatly improved linearity of RTH and Loiter. I assume same would be true of Waypoint nav.

Kelly
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2016, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkf94025
I know it's OT, but would you share a link to that tracking app?

Kelly
I think it is relative to this thread, since having wp's opens up the possibility now. It would be great if ET could start a dialogue with the OP of this thread. He is doing some AMAZING WORK !!!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...al+app&page=10
Mar 24, 2016, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyspu
I was able to fly two batteries on my RadianPro fixed wing motor glider using waypoints in between rain showers today. I am sorry to say the DVR did not capture either flight and I don't think the mobious really shows the Vector in action.
Plane: Radianpro with upgraded motor and enough foam to carry a 3300 3s, Vector and Pan&Tilt.

Overall summary, I flew 14 waypoints for a total of 7.1 miles in 14 minutes and the Vector worked pretty darn well! My flight was over our ranch in low wind conditions with a quickly dropping barometer. Once the Vector settled on it's altitude and began chasing the waypoints I relaxed enough to look around through the pan and tilt and enjoy the ride. When the Vector had run the course it returned to Home and loitered until I was ready to land. Great job Eagle Tree!

Here are the only issues I had during the flight:
1. I have my minimum ground speed set a bit above stall speed to maximize my chances of getting home if I have to use RTH. This slow speed causes a bit of wing wobble on the RadianPro. The Vector seems to use this as the Way Point cruise speed. Adjusting to a slightly higher speed really helped the overall stability of the flight.

2. I flew to 360 ft (my waypoint altitude, got close to my home waypoint and switched the mode switch to Waypoint mode, the Vector went into Waypoint mode and then quickly said, "Waypoint Mode Paused" and the motor stopped (no big deal for a glider). I waited to see if it would resume but by 200' I took over control. I flipped the mode switch to 2D and then back to Way Point mode and the Vector said, Resuming Waypoint Mode and went to waypoint 2 and continued the rest of the program. It was consistently flying at 25mph at 359'.

3. Once you have completed the way point path, the balloons stay on the screen, it would be nice to clear them off the screen. Actually, they were on all of my OSD pages.

4. I will have to test more, but it seemed when the Vector flew to a way point a long distance a way (2500') it seemed to weave back and forth before it settled on a path (no, I don't have the compass on).

For those of you who run a gimbal or pan & tilt using channels that do not go through the Vector, they work just fine and the Vector could care less. I was panning and tilting all over the place on my second test flight.

Overall, this is a pretty cool feature.

Can you use it to cruise around a field, yes, just be careful about altitude and what might be in your way when flying.

Can you use it to fly over crops and take a look at their condition (hobby of course not commercial) yes but you may need to work on tuning it for speed vs steadiness.

Can you have a blast just sitting back and watching your model fly around, yes!

Thanks for all your hard work Eagle Tree!
Thanks so much for the detailed feedback!

1) We plan on adding closed loop speed control which should help with this issue, especially if using an airspeed sensor.

2) This is strange. Any chance you still have the log file? If so, please open a support ticket and provide the log file, config file and waypoint session. If you don't have it but it happens again, please send the log files in then via a support ticket.

3) Hmm, I think we have something in the works to address this. Stay tuned!

4) Again, log files and config files if you have them. Video too if you have it.

Regards, John
Mar 25, 2016, 04:26 PM
Tested today on my Twinstar, 10 waypoints set but the model wasn't able to keep a good airspeed (11MPH which is close to stall speed) resulting in a lot of wandering specially into wind, it followed the waypoints until I gave up though.

On the Safety/Nav setup page I have a minimum ground speed of 18mph and in loiter mode it uses cruise and climb throttle to achieve this. I am guessing that in waypoint mode only the cruise setting is used and the minimum ground speed setting isn't used? No real problem as I can increase the cruise setting and try again.
Mar 25, 2016, 09:20 PM
... Always Learning
I am getting an error with this new version - see attached error screen. The error is a "script error" and the error is: "MarkerWithLabel is undefined"

I get this error when I initially launch the app - and whenever I try to add a waypoint.

Tom
Last edited by eBoon; Mar 28, 2016 at 09:29 AM.
Mar 25, 2016, 09:33 PM
It's Just a Hobby!

Waypoint session product

OK, I just tried to create another session without having the Vector connected. It came up blank and I did the same 10 waypoint setup as demonstrated (again). Now I can't change waypoint 3 to a ROI. The selection is just not there. There are only 3 or 4 selections and they are greyed out and can't be selected. I saved it and I will try connecting later to see if that cures the problem but I sure can't do it now.

Sudsy
Mar 25, 2016, 09:34 PM
... Always Learning
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBoon
I am getting an error with this new version - see attached error screen. The error is a "script error" and the error is: "MarkerWithLabel is undefined"

I get this error when I initially launch the app - add whenever I try to add a waypoint.

Tom
Answering my own question - I deleted and then re-installed Google Earth - that fixed it.
Nope - still giving me the error.
Last edited by eBoon; Mar 28, 2016 at 09:28 AM.
Mar 25, 2016, 09:40 PM
... Always Learning
Quote:
Answering my own question - I deleted and then re-installed Google Earth - that fixed it.
....and it's back again
Mar 25, 2016, 09:45 PM
... Always Learning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy
OK, I just tried to create another session without having the Vector connected. It came up blank and I did the same 10 waypoint setup as demonstrated (again). Now I can't change waypoint 3 to a ROI. The selection is just not there. There are only 3 or 4 selections and they are greyed out and can't be selected. I saved it and I will try connecting later to see if that cures the problem but I sure can't do it now.

Sudsy
Multi-Roter or fixed wing?
Mar 25, 2016, 09:48 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Quote:
Multi-Roter or fixed wing?
multi but nothing is connected.

Sudsy
Mar 25, 2016, 10:17 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy
multi but nothing is connected.

Sudsy
OK, plugged in and when I try to load I am warned that the session is a "Fixed Wing" session and some defaults are different. So how do I change it to a Multi session or do I have to start over? I guess the offline mode defaults to Fixed Wing.

Sudsy
Mar 25, 2016, 11:44 PM
It's Just a Hobby!

Got it

Well I guess you must tell the system what kind of plane your flying! I'm sorry sometimes it takes me a long time to explain things to myself.

Sudsy
Mar 26, 2016, 12:51 AM
FPV junkie
Sudsy,

If you have your model plugged in, its should detect the model, and eliminate that last issue of having to tell it what model you are using.

-Mike
Mar 26, 2016, 03:56 AM

waypoint setup manual

Just a small one for Eagle tree.
Proof reading the manual in waypoint setup a carriage return is needed for lines K and L.
Mar 26, 2016, 12:39 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson
Sudsy,

If you have your model plugged in, its should detect the model, and eliminate that last issue of having to tell it what model you are using.

-Mike
But what I was trying to say is when in the offline mode you must select a model type before creating a session. Otherwise it is a session for a fixed wing. I don't know if a wing or V-tail is different yet but I was trying to setup sessions for a multi.

Sudsy