Vector Waypoint Usage and Support - Page 18 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by JohnET, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 03, 2017, 09:38 PM
Do you feel lucky punk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmel
Hrm, I guess I was thinking of the Google maps telemetry page...
Yes, I think you are correct about that.

For the waypoints I think you can create waypoint sessions on Google earth while you have an internet connection, save the sessions and then load the sessions with no internet connection.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 04, 2017, 01:50 AM
A recent project flying waypoints. I have used 3 waypoints per corner and added some rudder mixed with ailerons but my turns aren't as flat as I would like them to be.

Twin Dream Autonomous Maiden (7 min 51 sec)
Apr 05, 2017, 03:49 PM

Willys Flight

Thanks for the video. What a beautiful place to fly! Looked like a successful autonomous flight. What is the plane? I've never seen that one before?
Apr 05, 2017, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airtrax
Thanks for the video. What a beautiful place to fly! Looked like a successful autonomous flight. What is the plane? I've never seen that one before?
Thanks.

The plane is a My Twin Dream. It has a huge cargo area and is pretty strong. I have added landing gear so I can carry a gimbal below. I believe they are in stock at ReadymadeRC and there is a big user group on RCGroups. https://www.readymaderc.com/store/in...oducts_id=4320

Although the Vector was not designed for commercial use, I think it may be stable and reliable enough for mapping our 80 acres of blueberries with and NDVI camera and thermal camera.
Apr 06, 2017, 09:33 PM
ob1
ob1

Waypoint distance and altitude limitations

Per section from Vector manual:
"10.3 Limitations
By default, waypoints are limited as follows:
 Distance the maximum distance allowed between the first waypoint and any other waypoint is approximately 1 mile (1.6 km). This limitation also applies to the distance between the home position and all waypoints.
 Altitude altitude is limited to under 400 feet (122 m) above the home position ground level."

Is this a hard-coded "default" or can users change to allow distances greater than 1 mile and/or altitudes greater than 400 feet?
Apr 06, 2017, 09:41 PM
ob1
ob1

Vector telemetry data for X8R downlink to Taranis

I saw in a much earlier post from Feb 2015 that a subset of Vector telemetry data can be downlinked to the Taranis via a special cable between Vector and Frsky X8R. Some of the telemetry fields included pitot airspeed, barometric altitude, GPS altitude, but I did not see GPS ground speed. Has ground speed been added to the Taranis displayable data since that 2015 post?
Apr 06, 2017, 11:18 PM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1
"10.3 Limitations
 Distance the maximum distance allowed between the first waypoint and any other waypoint is approximately 1 mile (1.6 km). This limitation also applies to the distance between the home position and all waypoints.
 Altitude altitude is limited to under 400 feet (122 m) above the home position ground level."

Is this a hard-coded "default" or can users change to allow distances greater than 1 mile and/or altitudes greater than 400 feet?
You can check the 'Expand Alt and Distance' box on the Waypoint Setup tab to override the limitation.
Apr 07, 2017, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1
"10.3 Limitations
 Distance – the maximum distance allowed between the first waypoint and any other waypoint is approximately 1 mile (1.6 km). This limitation also applies to the distance between the home position and all waypoints.
 Altitude – altitude is limited to under 400 feet (122 m) above the home position ground level."

As mentioned, verion update 12.46 on December 19 changed that to:
* Waypoints
- Expanded waypoint altitude and distance ranges (1600 meters, 100kM respectively). These are enabled by checking the “Expanded Alt and Distance” button on the waypoints setup GUI tab. Note that this button replaces the “manual waypoints” button, so you’ll need to check this button to continue flying manual waypoints beyond the prior range.

The update also added Mountain Mode for fixed wing:
* Mountain Mode RTH. This is enabled by selecting “Mountain” in the Home RTH Altitude Mode dropdown in the Safety GUI tab. See the diagram on the Safety tab for more information on how this works.
* Climb throttle numeric adjustment, in the Advanced Safety stick menu
Apr 09, 2017, 08:25 PM
ob1
ob1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1
I saw in a much earlier post from Feb 2015 that a subset of Vector telemetry data can be downlinked to the Taranis via a special cable between Vector and Frsky X8R. Some of the telemetry fields included pitot airspeed, barometric altitude, GPS altitude, but I did not see GPS ground speed. Has ground speed been added to the Taranis displayable data since that 2015 post?
Any update?
Apr 10, 2017, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1
Any update?
As usual, google is your friend.

http://bfy.tw/B8jv
Apr 11, 2017, 01:28 AM
ob1
ob1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sancho28
As usual, google is your friend.

http://bfy.tw/B8jv
Yep. Already used Google and RCG search. Guess you didn't grasp my question. I asked if there had been any update to Vector/Taranis telemetry so that specifically GPS ground speed is available. I even referred to the earlier (and only) post from 2015 that shows the list of telemetry fields.....which at that time did not include GPS ground speeed. Even the current Vector user manual refers to the same link I mentioned.

So I guess my question is really directed at Bill or John: Is GPS ground speed available as one of the Vector telemetry fields?
Thx
Apr 11, 2017, 03:35 PM
Hey Guys, ​we just released a new version that should address the waypoint speed issue. It is available here;

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Late...-1259-beta.exe

Regards, John
Apr 26, 2017, 12:52 PM

Lost Link during Way-point navigation

Hello All,

I have read everything I can find discussing what happens if I lose my RC link using the ET Vector with way-points.
From what I understand, my plane will RTH if it properly setup. My question is, what happens if I purposely don't setup a failsafe and lose the link.
Will my plane just sail off until its batteries die or will it continue navigating using the way-points?

Thanks, Tom
Apr 26, 2017, 01:02 PM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsw94r
Hello All,

I have read everything I can find discussing what happens if I lose my RC link using the ET Vector with way-points.
From what I understand, my plane will RTH if it properly setup. My question is, what happens if I purposely don't setup a failsafe and lose the link.
Will my plane just sail off until its batteries die or will it continue navigating using the way-points?

Thanks, Tom
I beleive it will continue the waypoint mission, but now you have no failsafe set if you're not using a waypoint mission.

I'd like the option to continue a waypoint mission as a failsafe option (if currently in a waypoint mission when failsafe occurs) instead of RTH, and also retain the RTH failsafe option if not engaged in a waypoint mission (like you can with APM, for example). But my idea was branded as evil incarnate by some, and John replied that such an option will never be released.
Apr 26, 2017, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=Rups63;37393478]I beleive it will continue the waypoint mission, but now you have no failsafe set if you're not using a waypoint mission.

I hope that you are correct, because I would really like to have the option. When I am just flying around, it does not take that long to change the Vector config to add the failsafe.