Mar 20, 2016, 09:23 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

The Batleth with free plans and a kit

OK, for a while now I have been kicking around the idea of posting free plans and offering kits for sale, as well as making some build videos on some of my scratch built planes. So this is the first one I plan to offer the kit for. I am posting the plans for the wing here and also a PDF with graphics that can be printed on clear plastic label to make decals for the plane.
I call it the Batleth. That is Klingon for sword of honor. With that I have made three sets of graphics for it. One is Klingon insignia and markings. My wife said not everyone likes Star Trek, so I made up a set of US Air Force and racer graphics.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2016, 09:25 PM
Thread OP
Here's a link to a video I made of vacuum forming the fuselage.
Vacuum forming the Batleth (7 min 45 sec)
Mar 20, 2016, 10:06 PM
Thread OP
Here is the PDF of the decals. I have to scan the plans before I can post them. I'll try to get them posted by Thursday or Friday
Mar 25, 2016, 11:50 AM
Hi I am Mark & I am an addict
Love the wing and your very creative way to design the canopy... hope your child doesn't miss it!!

Do you have a video of the Batleth in the air? What are you using for motor, battery, etc.?

Happy Friday,
Mark
Mar 25, 2016, 11:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas
Love the wing and your very creative way to design the canopy... hope your child doesn't miss it!!

Do you have a video of the Batleth in the air? What are you using for motor, battery, etc.?

Happy Friday,
Mark
Thanks Mark. I haven't been able to get a video of it in the air yet. It's been cold and snowing the last couple days here in Minnesota. I'll try to get something posted soon. I actually got the RC car from the thrift store for three bucks. It didn't run but that didn't matter.
The motor is a Turnigy 28-36 1400 KV, the battery is a 2200 3 cell, and the ECS is a 45 amp Turnigy Trust. It uses a 8x4 prop.
Mar 25, 2016, 11:51 PM
Thread OP

Plans full size PDF

Here's a PDF of the plans. I'm sorry I don't have them tiled for printing. I think it's not too hard to do but I haven't had time to figure it out. I drew then up by hand because I can do that in a few minutes and make changes as I build. I have Sketch up but it doesn't print the dimensions well in full size and it's more of a 3D modeling application. I have just down loaded a CAD program but haven't used it enough to be efficient with it. So I hope you can forgive the crudeness of the drawings. I'll post some pictures explaining the build process and I will put together a build video later.
Mar 26, 2016, 04:36 AM
Allways the hard way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychedvike
One is Klingon insignia and markings. My wife said not everyone likes Star Trek,......
Huh? Not every-one likes STAR TREK???

Very nice looking plane! & interesting canopy idea
May 03, 2017, 12:49 PM
"Fly"Fisherman
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychedvike
Here's a link to a video I made of vacuum forming the fuselage.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdFJk3nu5e8
I'm interested in your vacu former. Can you give some info on it?
May 03, 2017, 08:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Carmichael
I'm interested in your vacu former. Can you give some info on it?
Sure Asher.
Here is a link to a build log I did on it back in 2015 when I built it. I just built it as I went along. I didn't draw up any plans but the build log may be helpful. Also if you have any questions about it let me know and I would be glad to answer as best as I can.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1#post31341096
May 04, 2017, 12:58 PM
"Fly"Fisherman
Thanks!

Quick Reply