Mar 20, 2016, 04:40 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Help me identify this plane.

So I have been trying to find out what model this is and google has been no help at all. Can any of you identify this for me?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2016, 04:56 PM
It is called a High-Wing Trainer.
Mar 20, 2016, 04:59 PM
Thread OP
I guess I should have been more specific. Who made it and what did they name it?
Mar 20, 2016, 06:08 PM
What, Me Worry?
Be even more specific and help us to help you.

What is the wingspan?

What size engine is that on there? If you can't tell, what is the diameter of the propeller?

Additional photos would help. Some close-ups. Take the wing off and show us the inside of the fuselage.
Mar 20, 2016, 06:52 PM
Thread OP
Okay. The wing span is roughly 59 inches. The plane has an OS .48 (4 stroke) so I am guessing the plane is .40 sized. Also, more pictures. Thanks for the tips.
Last edited by Blaze1; Mar 20, 2016 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Typo
Mar 20, 2016, 07:26 PM
AMA 537620
No clue. Looks like some cheap Chinese ARF off of eBay... Not that it means there's anything new wrong with the airframe. Be careful though and check everything. Those servo arms look like they might touch and they are installed crooked. No throttle servo ever installed... It has never left the ground. Like any other trainer, balance it on the spar and have at it.
Mar 20, 2016, 08:00 PM
deanz406
It kinda looks like a kit built Sig LT 40. I'm looking at my LT40, and doing a comparative of the fuselage and wing shape, they look pretty close. It also looks like there is a hatch just behind the motor to get access to the fuel tank, just like the LT40. They are great flying planes, and I know u will enjoy flying this one. Just remember to check everything out- fuel tank & lines, run the motor if u can, or get help running it, reset the servos as chill mentioned, check wing alignment, and incidence, check all functions, elevator/rudder/throttle/ailerons for proper direction. Nice looking plane- u should have a lot of fun with it. Good luck, and keep us posted if u get to maiden it-- Dean
Mar 20, 2016, 08:50 PM
Thread OP
It does look quite like a Sig LT 40 but with some differences. It has a hard wing as there is balsa under every inch of monokote and there is no hatch. Also I think I should give some of the back story behind the plane. A guy dropped it off and gave it away at the field I fly at because he was out of the hobby. It seemed he was out of the hobby for a long time as it was covered in massive amounts of dust and several engines that he dropped off were locked up with grime. (I just got one of them running ) Overall I think the plane is from the late 90's or early 2000's.

I really appreciate all the help and will definitely post when I get it flying.
Mar 20, 2016, 10:31 PM
GOOGLE SIG Kadet. You should see your plane there in the pictures.
Mar 21, 2016, 05:56 AM
AMA 537620
It's not a sig kadet if they followed the instructions. The horizontal stab has a constant cord and the vertical fin is swept back. But I'd also contend that the graphics look like an ARF that was slapped together (most of the Chinese knock offs have incomplete graphics). It could be a kit bash but I think its a stretch.
Mar 21, 2016, 03:04 PM
Send lawyers, guns and money
Bears a passing resemblance to a Royal 40T: https://www.google.com/search?q=roya...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Altho the fin has a different shape, the graphics are different (even if the same color scheme) and the 40T did have a hatch in the nose.

The fully sheeted wing on your model is kind of a fly in the ointment: I don't recall seeing any high wing trainer with that. The Royal was a lump with just the leading edge sheeted. If it was the whole wing, it would take two men and a dog to lift.
Mar 21, 2016, 04:45 PM
Tower Trainer
Mar 22, 2016, 02:20 AM
AMA 537620
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmler
Tower Trainer
Same problems with the horizontal stab, and the rear upper fuselage is not a straight shot on the Tower... And the Tower's rudder is directly over the elevator. There are other issues but those are the big ones. I have one of them in my basement.
Mar 22, 2016, 09:06 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it. For now I am just going to assume that it is a Chinese knock off and be extra cautious when I get ready to fly it. I actually have it close to being ready. I might fly it tomorrow.
Mar 25, 2016, 05:23 PM
fix-n-fly
Take a look at either Hobby King or Nitro Models. Your plane looks like one from one of those two web sites.

Quick Reply