This thread is privately moderated by Lkelley0868, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 19, 2016, 09:55 AM
Trader Rating: 0
Thread OP
$250.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Sold

Custom Woodcraft Flight Box

For sale is a beautiful Custom Woodcraft Flight Box, originally purchased in the 1990s. Never used. Please see photos.
Last edited by Lkelley0868; Mar 19, 2016 at 11:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 19, 2016, 12:14 PM
Trader Rating: 39
I have one of these and in my opinion this is the BEST flight box ever!
Mar 19, 2016, 03:12 PM
Trader Rating: 26

I've seen these in pictures, and have always loved them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailskid2
But have always wondered, what keeps the legs from just falling open when you pick it up from inside your vehicle? How do you get it from the ground when it's standing, and get the legs closed with everything in it, and into your vehicle? And what keeps the fuselage brackets on top, from just flopping down?
Mar 19, 2016, 03:34 PM
Thread OP

Davey210

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey210
But have always wondered, what keeps the legs from just falling open when you pick it up from inside your vehicle? How do you get it from the ground when it's standing, and get the legs closed with everything in it, and into your vehicle? And what keeps the fuselage brackets on top, from just flopping down?
To answer your questions, the fuselage brackets on top are stationery. The legs have a mechanism on them that clicks them into place, so once they're popped out, they stay in place. The same goes for when they're folded; however, they fold very effortlessly. It would be possible to pick up the box with one hand and fold the legs under with the other.
Mar 19, 2016, 03:43 PM
Trader Rating: 22

Box

They were only $100.00 new.
Mar 19, 2016, 03:56 PM
Thread OP

Glad to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailskid2
Glad to hear this! We have been holding on to it for years because it was too sentimental to let go. We're at the point of needing space, so we're turning it loose Hope it can bring happiness to someone!
Mar 19, 2016, 04:00 PM
Trader Rating: 286
Very Nice Box I already have one
Mar 19, 2016, 04:04 PM
Trader Rating: 39
I was going to say I paid over $150 for mine back in the 70's....still use it!
Mar 19, 2016, 06:11 PM
Thread OP

Having technical difficulties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkelley0868
To answer your questions, the fuselage brackets on top are stationery. The legs have a mechanism on them that clicks them into place, so once they're popped out, they stay in place. The same goes for when they're folded; however, they fold very effortlessly. It would be possible to pick up the box with one hand and fold the legs under with the other.
Please let me know if you got any of the messages I've tried to send you. They aren't showing up in my sent box. If you'll send me your email address, I'll email you. Thanks!
Mar 19, 2016, 10:05 PM
Trader Rating: 559
Hoarding??? What's that???
I paid $220 for mine in 1989
Mar 19, 2016, 10:11 PM
Thread OP

Worth every penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by noworknguy
They were only $100.00 new.
Although I appreciate your comment, I've seen one sell for$300 recently, and one sold for $250. This cost $120 when it was purchased 25 years ago, so we felt this was a fair asking price.
Mar 19, 2016, 10:18 PM
Thread OP

Thanks for the comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmajoe
I paid $220 for mine in 1989
Wow, thanks for the info! We were trying to remember how much this cost originally, and I think we must have low-balled it! This one is really in mint condition and, unfortunately, never was used. My precious father-in-law passed away before he got the chance. We haven't been able to part with it until now. We're planning on moving soon and have to let some of these things go.
Mar 19, 2016, 11:49 PM
Trader Rating: 48
Get airborne !
They were sold and made by Mr. Geron who lived in McArthur California, I still own one and have the original sales brochure that was included with the box. Beautiful finish and still looks like new back in 89 it was 119.95 plus shipping. They were finished with Pactra Formula U so are fuel proof and durable . Wood is maple and birch plywood.
Mar 20, 2016, 06:49 AM
Thread OP
Wow, this is great information! Thanks so much for posting!
Mar 21, 2016, 08:54 AM
Trader Rating: 559
Hoarding??? What's that???
Made was special order made with Birch and Pecan wood. Also, ordered a different drawer configuration other than the standard configuration.

Quick Reply