Aug 12, 2004, 12:31 AM

Jet Design Contest entry #3 -- Messerschmitt Me P.1092/5

Here's my 3rd entry: Messerschmitt Me P.1092/5 (from Luft46)
Still working on the details

Bernie
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2004, 02:47 AM
first time I've seen that one Good luck
Aug 12, 2004, 05:32 AM
The wings are not on fire
cool
what fan unit are you going to use.
I hope some 90mm
Aug 12, 2004, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by W@CC0
cool
what fan unit are you going to use.
I hope some 90mm
Can't...no money for new toys. It's going to be small...but with the option of resizing it later on once funds are available.

Bernie
Aug 12, 2004, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniep1
Can't...no money for new toys. It's going to be small...but with the option of resizing it later on once funds are available.

Bernie
oooooohh, I know the money problem. actually I am a money problem.
if you say small, what will the size be? mini fan or micro?
or tiny little 'I can't see a fan' size?
Aug 12, 2004, 06:34 AM
LOL!

Scratch-built fan -- about 1,8" fan diameter, motor Johnson 250. Still working on the feasibility thing...read: I need to start building a few fans to see if I get enough thrust / efflux speed for the plane to actually fly (well). From my experience with other little homebuild fans I think it will be possible....I'll keep you posted.

Bernie
Aug 12, 2004, 10:40 AM
cool, a scratch built fan. ==> is there an economy price??
1.8" is very small. (tiny little 'I can't see a fan' size). but the scratch built fan idee is supper cool. can't wait to see some results.

Tom
Aug 12, 2004, 11:09 AM
Registered Rotor Abuser
Cool plane Bernie,
Gota love the Luft 46' planes
I'm doing one too for the contest... allways a challange

joe
Aug 12, 2004, 01:06 PM
Tom -- I'll keep you posted.
Joe -- mine is not that much of a challange if you look at the proportions - good size for a model. Ducting might be a little more of an issue...am definately going to have to enlarge it.

Bernie
Aug 12, 2004, 01:49 PM
thx
the more I see it the more I love it
I like the 262 look-alike tail

grtz
Aug 12, 2004, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by W@CC0
thx
the more I see it the more I love it
I like the 262 look-alike tail

grtz
The wings are off a Me 262, too -- Messerschmitt was into reusing parts

Bernie
Aug 12, 2004, 04:33 PM
Very interesting all around concept.
Please keep us informed on the home-built fan stuff.
You will have a ton of interest in those.
Good luck in the contest-you have a really unique looking bird there.
Dec 06, 2004, 11:30 AM
Suspended Account
Bernie,

How are the home built fans comming?

Paul
Dec 13, 2004, 04:18 PM
Hi Paul,

Moving back to the States got in the way...
My results from a few months back weren't very encouraging (motors burnt up after a static run of a minute or so)...I had made a new rotor which somehow got lost in the move...
If I can afford it, I will try to use an EDF40 with the IPS brushless motors instead...but I might revisit the J250 / homebuilt fan combo just because I like a challenge

Bernie
Apr 09, 2005, 06:11 PM
OK -- so I'm back over here, I really don't have any tools and no workspace (and haven't started on any of my entries but that's how life goes)

BUT: I was finally able to buy an EDF 40 brushless with the BP 10 controller and got it yesterday.
So...I will start on one of the planes...and I have decided on this one. Of course I won't be able to spend a lot of time on it (some of the other entries are just jawdropping!) so I'll do a "quick and dirty" construction.

Now the question: how to get from that pretty marginal 3-view to a plane. I think I will do it in foam....
Be back soon.

Bernie