RunCam Swift, swiftly sweet - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Apr 05, 2016, 11:36 PM
Born for RC Fanatics
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFP_Flyer
Does the Swift use the same 3pin 1.25mm connector as the PZ0420m? If so, where can I order the silicon version of this cable? I've gone through several of the non-silicon version... they are not flexible enough and fail eventually because of camera panning.

Thanks!
Yes!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 06, 2016, 12:00 PM
Flying high over WA
Thanks for the reply. Is this wire available for order? I don't find it on the RunCam website.

I want one to replace the non-silicon wire on my PZ0420M. Thanks.
Apr 07, 2016, 12:57 AM
Sent by Touch Typing
The "accessories" for this camera should, in my opinion be sold separately, I too would like to get my hands on some more of the silicone wire used for this camera, and perhaps some of the mounts as well.

An overcast morning this morning, but the camera took this in it's stride as I would expect any PZ0240 camera to do on the settings I have used. There is some interference in evidence but that is the ESC (I think) not this camera as the Fatshar 420tvl does the same.

I like the size of the camera, and I like the camera mount as well, some would say it is not crash proof, but then what is. You can see from the ground camera (Boscam HD08A) that it was quite a dim overcast morning, but that was not a problem.

RunCam Swift, Flight Camera Test Flight (13 min 24 sec)
Apr 07, 2016, 01:14 AM
RC Hobby Enthusiast
blackmennewstyle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFP_Flyer
Thanks for the reply. Is this wire available for order? I don't find it on the RunCam website.

I want one to replace the non-silicon wire on my PZ0420M. Thanks.
I am using the non-silicon wires on all my PZ and all my other runcam FPV cameras as well for age without any single issue, what is your need for replacing them with this new sillicon wires?
Apr 07, 2016, 01:31 AM
Sent by Touch Typing
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmennewstyle
I am using the non-silicon wires on all my PZ and all my other runcam FPV cameras as well for age without any single issue, what is your need for replacing them with this new sillicon wires?
G'day, I haven't had a problem to date either, but, I do like the "floppiness" of the silicone wire, plus it is easier to solder without melting the plastic, not a big deal, but if I could get it I would.
Apr 07, 2016, 01:36 AM
Flying high over WA
I use my PZ0420M cams with pan servos on fixed wing. Eventually the wires always break down since they are not that flexible. Silicon wires would be better.
Apr 07, 2016, 04:24 AM
Born for RC Fanatics
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFP_Flyer
Thanks for the reply. Is this wire available for order? I don't find it on the RunCam website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppy Ket
The "accessories" for this camera should, in my opinion be sold separately, I too would like to get my hands on some more of the silicone wire used for this camera, and perhaps some of the mounts as well.
Will be
Apr 07, 2016, 04:51 AM
RC Hobby Enthusiast
blackmennewstyle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppy Ket
G'day, I haven't had a problem to date either, but, I do like the "floppiness" of the silicone wire, plus it is easier to solder without melting the plastic, not a big deal, but if I could get it I would.
Hi Ted

I see. I never tried to solder this cable, i always cut them at the length i wanted and used a JST-SH Connector Crimping Tool with some 2.54mm female Futaba/JR servo connectors Easy Peasy

I am pretty sure Runcam will provide the sillicone cable in the future. But you can also find a lot of things on ebay and Aliexpress

Me, i am just waiting for the orange case
Apr 07, 2016, 07:20 AM
Registered User
Finally got to set the swift properly. Went with Ket's recommended settings. Very good!

Runcam Swift with settings optimised (4 min 38 sec)
Last edited by dengor; Apr 07, 2016 at 08:09 AM.
Apr 07, 2016, 06:12 PM
Sent by Touch Typing
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmennewstyle
Hi Ted

I see. I never tried to solder this cable, i always cut them at the length i wanted and used a JST-SH Connector Crimping Tool with some 2.54mm female Futaba/JR servo connectors Easy Peasy

I am pretty sure Runcam will provide the sillicone cable in the future. But you can also find a lot of things on ebay and Aliexpress

Me, i am just waiting for the orange case
G'day Cedric, that sound like an excellent solution, but too fancy for me Lol.
Apr 07, 2016, 06:23 PM
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
Question...

Can we flip the picture 180 via the OSD? I know many of the board cameras can do this. But it's a missing feature of the HS1177.

Some frames need the plug/wires coming out of the bottom of the camera. While some frames is better suited with the plug/wires coming out of the top of the camera. Having the ability to rotate the image 180 would allow the flexibility of mounting. And a good advantage over the HS1177.
Apr 08, 2016, 05:53 AM
Born for RC Fanatics
Pre-orders are open now !Items will be shipped on 15 April.
http://shop.runcam.com/RunCam-Swift
Apr 10, 2016, 12:46 PM
Radjets to Sadjets since '15
MrE_fz's Avatar
Received an Email from Banggood stating my preorder has arrived.

Runcam Swift - Black in stock and shipping in 1 day apparently:
http://www.banggood.com/Runcam-Swift-600TVL-2_8MM-Lens-DC-5-to-17V-Horizontal-Fov-90-Mini-FPV-Camera-PAL-p-1044126.html

I hope they are being legit regards having stock..
Apr 10, 2016, 07:28 PM
Registered User
krazyman's Avatar

Swift vs Sky Plus


Is there any difference between the Swift and the Sky Plus other than the size?

Terry
Apr 11, 2016, 05:07 AM
Born for RC Fanatics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE_fz
Received an Email from Banggood stating my preorder has arrived.

Runcam Swift - Black in stock and shipping in 1 day apparently:
http://www.banggood.com/Runcam-Swift-600TVL-2_8MM-Lens-DC-5-to-17V-Horizontal-Fov-90-Mini-FPV-Camera-PAL-p-1044126.html

I hope they are being legit regards having stock..
They have stock...in black IR sensitive


Thread Tools