Mar 16, 2016, 06:35 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Uva student sentenced to 15 years hard labor in north korea

http://unclesamsmisguidedchildren.co...r-north-korea/

Quote:
Warmbier went to North Korea as a tourist. Wanting a souvenir of his trip, he says he attempted to steal a propaganda banner from his hotel that he planned to give to a friend to hang in her church as a trophy. In the DPRK, that’s “subversion.”

And here we have to say,

It’s NORTH KOREA, STUPID! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!

Clyde
Mar 16, 2016, 06:41 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Poor kid. I'm certain he wasn't thinking what could happen. Western kid used to how soft we are finds himself in the grip of the worst regime on the planet bar none (state based anyway) because he tried to steal a banner or something. I feel really bad for him and worse for his folks.

If there was any nation which could arguably use a decapitation strike and invasion for it's own good, it's NK, but China would never allow it because the crazy is useful.
Mar 16, 2016, 06:54 PM
Random Pic #23982
The world is not a nice place. Don't go to a particularly bad place and be stupid.

Now given how hard it is to get there... it is all on the kid.
Mar 16, 2016, 06:58 PM
It's gonna be YUGE!!!
Kids (read young adults) do stupid things. That's why they shouldn't be allowed to travel to places like NK. Very bad things can happen because of stupidity.
Mar 16, 2016, 07:00 PM
Redbilly Band Member
They don't have safe spaces there?
Mar 16, 2016, 07:19 PM
Stupid is what stupid does....tough sheet. Pay the price for your idiocy...no pity here. Anyone with .01% brain matter wouldn't do anything dumb in a sheet hole like NK.

Denny
Last edited by yorkiepap; Mar 17, 2016 at 11:12 AM.
Mar 16, 2016, 07:21 PM
Well, when he gets out, he's going to be buff......or dead.
Mar 16, 2016, 07:24 PM
Seriously?
LOL go to NK and have a bad thing happen. Surprised?
Mar 16, 2016, 11:18 PM
First he goes to a place that he KNOWS hates the US and the US has an implied travel ban on. That's just not good enough. he then has to break the law in that country. You know; people say stupidity should be painful.... Wish granted. If I were his parents, I would disown him.
Mar 16, 2016, 11:51 PM
Fier Membre des Deplorables
His 'parents' should be ashamed of the moron they raised.
Mar 17, 2016, 02:15 AM
In a widow with Grumpy cat.
As a courtesy to Bernie Sanders will the North Koreans let him vote with an absentee ballot?
Latest blog entry: Later peeps
Mar 17, 2016, 07:30 AM
Sink stinks
Yeah, he was stupid, but I think it's possible to hold that opinion while also renouncing the North Korean "legal" system. 15 years of hard labor for stealing a flag from a hotel? I hope I live to see the day that country is overthrown by a popular uprising.
Mar 17, 2016, 07:48 AM
Launch the drones ...
The UN should free those poor people from that jerk Kim Jin shin shat whatever.

It's unfair that someone born in North Korea has to toadie up to a despicable despot their whole life, just because they had the misfortune to be born there.

We should all have the same free birthright.
Mar 17, 2016, 08:08 AM
Random Pic #23982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP
Yeah, he was stupid, but I think it's possible to hold that opinion while also renouncing the North Korean "legal" system. 15 years of hard labor for stealing a flag from a hotel? I hope I live to see the day that country is overthrown by a popular uprising.
I agree on that. But that is why you don't go there. Even if you break no laws, they can roll you up and hold you hostage for some trade they want to make.

Just don't do it without Diplomatic protection.

I think this is akin to the hikers who decided they just had to hike the border of Iraq and Iran. Of course they ended up in Iran and booked on spying charges. You really don't have to hike there... show some smarts people.
Mar 17, 2016, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Green
The UN should free those poor people from that jerk Kim Jin shin shat whatever.

It's unfair that someone born in North Korea has to toadie up to a despicable despot their whole life, just because they had the misfortune to be born there.

We should all have the same free birthright.
Maybe if you wail louder or blame Israel they will be freed.

Quick Reply