Aug 11, 2004, 10:30 AM
Thread OP

I need charger settings for triton charger

Well I'm way new I don't understend the book, can someone just spell it out for me.eed charge and discharge settings for a (8 cell sanyo 1950faup 9.6v)
there are so many things to set I get lost.

thanks
chilled
to remove ads between posts
Aug 11, 2004, 12:21 PM
Balsa to the Wall
I kinda hate to say this, but you should really get familiar with the charger before you try to use it. It's really not too bad, and if you have some specific questions about the instructions, someone will help you. It's capable of doing a lot and you will just be cheating yourself if you don't get to know it well.

As far as telling you how to set up for a certain pack, I would only be parroting the instructions.
What specifically do you not understand?

Chuck
Aug 11, 2004, 03:01 PM
Electric since 1990
Press the BATT TYPE button repeatedly to scroll through the battery type list until you get to NIMH charge.
Then press the big round button. This will flash the amp draw setting. Set it for 2 amps by turning the big button (wheel) forward or back.
Then press the big round button again to lock it in.
Then press it again and hold it until it starts charging. It wll say BATTERY CHECK.
At this point let go of the button. Charging will start.
If you want other nimh settings turn the wheel, before charging.
You can also use AUTO mode by, again, turning the button after you have the amp draw setting flashing.
It's a good idea to charge a new nimh pack at 1/10C, or 2 amps in your case, for the first charge.
If you have more questions I'll try to answer. Hope I didn't confuse you more.
Aug 11, 2004, 04:23 PM
myk
myk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamaholic
It's a good idea to charge a new nimh pack at 1/10C, or 2 amps in your case, for the first charge.
1/10C for his batts would be 200ma not 2A, charging at 2A would be a 1C rate.

Mike
Aug 11, 2004, 05:34 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Or you could use the automatic feature. Just select the battery type and hold the round button down until it beeps and displays "Battery Check" in the window.

Chuck

Quick Reply