Oct 29, 2020, 06:40 AM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoUteFan
One guy crashed two nice EDFs. Another guy crashed his new A-10 Hog. I arrived with five warbirds ready to go. I crashed on my WARMUP flight with the old reliable P-51. During takeoff she aileron rolled right into the ground at WOT. Tried to save her, but no cigar. She'll repair okay. The breaks are pretty clean.

The other four planes flew just fine other than a pretty sketchy landing on my new P-38. Here's video:
https://youtu.be/pe42uSnFGJw
I enjoy the video as always! It's almost hard to believe I flew there just some months ago?

I'm gutted for you in reference to the P51 however did you happen to have on board for it?

B

UTE's Booleg & Wing Mstr Mega Piffle (37 min 30 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2020, 06:44 AM
Beach Bum
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob
I wonder how Ox is holding up to my South and West by 102 miles,?

B
]
Wet and windy, hope the awning was stowed.

Quote:
1st to comment! (In the YT comments)

Yup love the ME 163 style trolly!

B

"Hunkered down"

OR

"While I still have power/wifi (no cell in the holler) I'll try to catch up on viddys"
Darn subscribers..
next flight I will see if it will take off from it’s hardened belly, underside of fuselage and wings are coated in marine epoxy with fiberglass cloth.
Wind is 18 now, expecting 45 later today. Going to be dirty air, turbulent with rotors.
Latest blog entry: Flyin
Oct 29, 2020, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Volantex Saber 920 pukes out it's motor after it's been through one too many hard crashes and repairs lol. Cheap plane I really didn't care if flew or self destructed. It chose to destruct!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG9LSvell80
DOH! Never had that happen before!

B
Oct 29, 2020, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve FliesLow

Darn subscribers..
I sue did! I make sure that I watch the weather closer than even a Brit! It's an occupational hazard being a marine officer for some 30 years.

I only really pay attention to this thread and I subscribe to everyone's YT channel who posts here. And I watch each of their videos. I don't expect normal people to watch mine because I have the time and my son is 31 years old. Is just me and momma. My use for YT is for archival purposes and the 30 some odd folk who take leave of their senses and watch mine. It makes me happy to see what you Yo-Yos are doing out there!

B

" You may need to tighten your weave?"

OR

"9 days, until home!"

OR

"It's a virtual community."
Oct 29, 2020, 07:03 AM
God Your CoPilot? Switch Seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
The Q-Tee 250's almost done. All that's left is to install the radio gear. Building and covering's all done.

All-up weight when the radio gar is installed should be +-198 grams. She's a little bit overweight but she's pretty!

I like the old school wing attachment. That brings back memories.

I tried to find a pic of me with my trainer .40 that I built while in training in the 80's but came up short. It was very similar and about the last time I have "built" anything vice "assembling" it.

Stephen
It a rainy day here.
Oct 29, 2020, 07:14 AM
God Your CoPilot? Switch Seats
Hey the n ew one is out.....

Insta 360 ONE X2

https://store.insta360.com/product/one_x2

It looks like it has a screen big enough for these old eyes to read. My only major gripe about my Insta 360 ONE X is that I have to put on my glasses to read the mode screen.

Soooooo, RB has first rights of refusal, but if anybody wants a " Insta 360 ONE X" for 50% off the purchase price, just give me a hollar. (paid $399.99)

I have many extras, as in a shite load but they may b e compatible with the new camera so I will have to wait. If they aren't compatible then they can be had for little more than a song.

Fun pics and many output options with the same image. 2 examples with my friends visited recently when out for Elk.

Stephen
Ask RB how he likes his Mavic thingie.......
Oct 29, 2020, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaBarefootBoy
Hey the n ew one is out.....

Insta 360 ONE X2

https://store.insta360.com/product/one_x2

It looks like it has a screen big enough for these old eyes to read. My only major gripe about my Insta 360 ONE X.

Soooooo, RB has first rights of refusal, but if anybody wants a " Insta 360 ONE X" for 50% off the purchase price, just give me a hollar. (paid $399.99)

I have many extras, as in a shite load but they may b e compatible with the new camera so I will have to wait. If they aren't compatible then they can be had for little more than a song.

Stephen
Ask RB how he likes his Mavic thingie.......
I LOVE my Mavic thingy but will regrettably pass on the generous offer!

Someone snatch it up!

B

"If I got everything I wanted, I'm pretty sure I would not appreciate everything that I own"

OR

"Deferred gratitude"

OR

"Part of my self-flagellation, is to deprive myself of things. Next purchase is T16S!"
Oct 29, 2020, 08:41 AM
Quote:
I wonder how Ox is holding up to my South and West by 102 miles,?

B

Oxo buttoned up his pop up and took the Missus to a hotel.
Oct 29, 2020, 08:54 AM
My new friend ....LOL....Name: 122810774_362790768258949_9171507050084102152_n.png
Views: 19
Size: 2.81 MB
Description:
Oct 29, 2020, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve FliesLow

Darn subscribers..
next flight I will see if it will take off from itís hardened belly, underside of fuselage and wings are coated in marine epoxy with fiberglass cloth.
Wind is 18 now, expecting 45 later today. Going to be dirty air, turbulent with rotors.
For a weak hurricane it sure is spreading high winds over a large area. 40 mph here in West Tennessee today also.
Oct 29, 2020, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzir
Oxo buttoned up his pop up and took the Missus to a hotel.
Good plan!

In my geographic area we took some high winds and there were some traffic lights out as I went out and about this morning. But we are good at the 1500 foot level where I was staying last week @3400 feet they got 80 miles per hour gusts!

B

"Stephen should be getting it now"
Oct 29, 2020, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Good plan!

In my geographic area we took some high winds and there were some traffic lights out as I went out and about this morning. But we are good at the 1500 foot level where I was staying last week @3400 feet they got 80 miles per hour gusts!

B

"Stephen should be getting it now"
In NY it's rain all day today and into tomorrow. Not much wind so far... I guess we are kind of on the outskirts of a large area.
Oct 29, 2020, 09:59 AM
Does it have invasion stripes?
Quote:
I enjoy the video as always! It's almost hard to believe I flew there just some months ago?

I'm gutted for you in reference to the P51 however did you happen to have on board for it?

B

https://youtu.be/8aCdAhRz7Lk
Iím gutted for me too.
Oct 29, 2020, 10:02 AM
Of course now I'm getting bombarded for the V2!

B

"Dang interwebs"
Oct 29, 2020, 10:05 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
My new friend ....LOL....Attachment 14229501
Here in California itís a felony to even look at the photo.

Quick Reply