Thread Tools
Apr 25, 2016, 01:29 PM
Registered User
Blaze0021's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
Nice score! I took a small break...getting too obsessed with flying. Yesterday, went to an annual car show, and did yard work. I'm now leaning towards cleaning out my slot car layout so I have room for my planes, and maybe get to see my pool table again. It would suck going upstairs everytime I want to fly something, but I just have a mess downstairs.
Nice Beaver! What wingspan is that?
Last edited by Blaze0021; Apr 25, 2016 at 01:39 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2016, 02:22 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
cmdl's Avatar
^^ LOL. Nice.

And Hugo, nice PZ UM fleet too. I still regret having flown the crap out of my UM Spitfire and not maintained her. She could have been my BL conversion instead of the Mustang. If Horizon brings out another UM Spitfire (highly unlikely) I would be a happy man.
Apr 25, 2016, 02:38 PM
One giant leap for slothkind
Marsmann11's Avatar
I flew my UMX Habu S and Night Visionaire in a college parking lot, perfect for the jet just a little short for the visionaire. On roll-out had to steer away from car, which lead to a wheel getting blown off.
Has this ever happened to anyone???!!!
Apr 25, 2016, 02:46 PM
Registered User
Blaze0021's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl
^^ LOL. Nice.

And Hugo, nice PZ UM fleet too. I still regret having flown the crap out of my UM Spitfire and not maintained her. She could have been my BL conversion instead of the Mustang. If Horizon brings out another UM Spitfire (highly unlikely) I would be a happy man.
As it stands, my Parkzone Ultra Micro Spitfire Mk IX is the only plane that I haven't converted yet. But unlike the Parkzone Ultra Micro P-51 Mustang (where I had an extra to perform the 2S BL Conversion), I only have one Spitfire. I'm gonna leave this one Brushed. The Sport Cub Brushed Motor in the Spitfire makes it a very spirited 1S Brushed Small Park Flyer.
Apr 25, 2016, 02:48 PM
Ninja
ooOoo's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
Nice score! I took a small break...getting too obsessed with flying. Yesterday, went to an annual car show, and did yard work. I'm now leaning towards cleaning out my slot car layout so I have room for my planes, and maybe get to see my pool table again. It would suck going upstairs everytime I want to fly something, but I just have a mess downstairs.
I thought I have too many planes and no room for them. Turns out I was wrong lol.
Very nice collection!
Apr 25, 2016, 02:58 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
cmdl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze0021
As it stands, my Parkzone Ultra Micro Spitfire Mk IX is the only plane that I haven't converted yet. But unlike the Parkzone Ultra Micro P-51 Mustang (where I had an extra to perform the 2S BL Conversion), I only have one Spitfire. I'm gonna leave this one Brushed. The Sport Cub Brushed Motor in the Spitfire makes it a very spirited 1S Brushed Small Park Flyer.
I remember that video - my major regrets on losing my Spitfire started from watching your video.
Apr 25, 2016, 03:07 PM
Registered User
Blaze0021's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl
I remember that video - my major regrets on losing my Spitfire started from watching your video.
Sorry man!!
Apr 25, 2016, 03:09 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
cmdl's Avatar
Naah. You opened my eyes to my own stupidity. Otherwise I would never get around to replacing her. Many thanks for that video. She flew like a dream.
Apr 25, 2016, 04:10 PM
Thecheesemiester's Avatar
Maidened my Durafly spitfire mk1a:
Durafly Spitfire MK1a Maiden (2 min 36 sec)


Not my best landing... but apart from that i was very pleased with how it went.
Will
Apr 25, 2016, 05:43 PM
Registered User
ApexpredatorGT's Avatar
Another EDF lol... I built this one myself and made sure all the wires were properly tucked away and I upgraded to Hitec hs55 servos

And I got to take care of this turd today lol
Apr 25, 2016, 06:20 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
cmdl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecheesemiester
Maidened my Durafly spitfire mk1a:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAdNhBm1GvQ

Not my best landing... but apart from that i was very pleased with how it went.
Will
Congrats. I always found hand-launching and belly-landing harder than ROG. And for a Spitfire, I consider any landing in ROG a good landing.

@Apex - Awh! He's a cutie. What breed? Looks like retriever+staffordshire mix.
Apr 25, 2016, 06:28 PM
Registered User
ApexpredatorGT's Avatar
That wasn't a bad landing, browse around on YouTube and you'll see some bad landings lol.

Cmdl, I'm not sure dude it's my girl friend's friend's dog. They actually found it in the streets, poor little guy. He's a sweet little dog, I would keep him if I could lol
Apr 25, 2016, 08:38 PM
Hugo Flynow's Avatar
Blaze: It's the Flyzone Beaver...59.5" wingspan. great flyer...most people have floats on it. I'm one of the few landlubbers. Cheap if you get it at Tower.

APEX: That the new F35 airframe? Good luck on the maiden!

cheesemeister: The Durafly Spifire is amazing looking up close..doesn't even look like it's foam. I've seen really cool weathering pics. These pics are NOT my plane! I just saved them because the weathering job is so awesome.

oOoo: Thanks...this is pretty much my collection at this point...I need mental help.
Last edited by Hugo Flynow; Oct 05, 2017 at 06:51 AM.
Apr 26, 2016, 04:30 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
cmdl's Avatar
I'm guessing Mustangs are your favorite. Yes?
Apr 26, 2016, 04:37 PM
Registered User
Blaze0021's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
Blaze: It's the Flyzone Beaver...59.5" wingspan. great flyer...most people have floats on it. I'm one of the few landlubbers. Cheap if you get it at Tower.

APEX: That the new F35 airframe? Good luck on the maiden!

cheesemeister: The Durafly Spifire is amazing looking up close..doesn't even look like it's foam. I've seen really cool weathering pics. These pics are NOT my plane! I just saved them because the weathering job is so awesome.

oOoo: Thanks...this is pretty much my collection at this point...I need mental help.
How's that Flyzone Nieuport fly? I really liked that Flyboys movie and wanted to pick one of those up.. maybe convert it to all Spektrum stuff.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools