Thread Tools
Oct 31, 2016, 02:16 AM
mutski
I got my Dynam T-28 Trojan flying like it should and maidened my E-flite 1.2 m Trojan. The Dynam flies best on 4S batteries, the E-flite does well on 3S. I wish I could fly both at once. I'd have my own little squadron!
Dynam T 28 finally flying (3 min 0 sec)

E Flite T-28 1.2 meter basic (2 min 17 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2016, 08:31 AM
Registered User
bhoov128's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutski
I got my Dynam T-28 Trojan flying like it should and maidened my E-flite 1.2 m Trojan. The Dynam flies best on 4S batteries, the E-flite does well on 3S. I wish I could fly both at once. I'd have my own little squadron!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjSN6urVS5Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzN9wLKHAHM
What's wrong with the ground??
Oct 31, 2016, 08:48 AM
Registered User
Blaze0021's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee
Blaze running full tilt after the dog with his P51 held high over head while making Merlin engine noises and .50 cal machine gun sounds........... too bad no one had a camera, that would have been worth about five million hits on You Tube....
LMFAO, you have no idea how I wanted to cuss her out in my test flight video of my FMS A6M3 Zero 750mm:

FMS A6M3 Zero 750mm w/ Lemon Rx Receiver / Stabilizer - 3S Test Flight w/ Dog Chase (7 min 46 sec)

I was really holding my tongue in and keeping myself restrained there. I was trying to keep my video (as with all of my videos) PG and classy. However, that worthless piece of excrement started cussing in the background. I showed this video to the ranger and now he has an idea of what the dog and that woman looks like.

I'll admit, if there was a video of me on full afterburn catching up to that dog cussing up a storm yelling at that lady and holding my Red Tail, that would have been funny. Even the pilot who had his plane chased yesterday was much calmer than me.
Oct 31, 2016, 09:47 AM
Registered User
Clive66's Avatar
Blaze:

The dog problem would really get one nervous, knowing the batteries are running down & the dog is waiting for a foam treat

That is a fantastic, manicured grass place you have to fly (looks pretty big to)
I've never flown RC at any place that nice.
Our Club paved runway is long & smooth, but usually crowded.
I would love to find a good grass place to fly my hand launch planes, but there is nothing around here like that.
Oct 31, 2016, 09:51 AM
Totally planned it that way
Blaze:

You held your tongue very well... i probably would have followed up the "it's a $200 plane" with "and a $1000 vet bill if your dog bites the wrong part". I saw it was dragging a leash, just broke away from the owner I assume? I have issues with owners that can't control their dog due to size or strength... you put the dog and others at risk if you can't handle them.

Best line: I think she said "can you just hover it by me" No lady, it's not a flippin helicopter.
Oct 31, 2016, 10:01 AM
Registered User
bhoov128's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey_96
Blaze:

You held your tongue very well... i probably would have followed up the "it's a $200 plane" with "and a $1000 vet bill if your dog bites the wrong part". I saw it was dragging a leash, just broke away from the owner I assume? I have issues with owners that can't control their dog due to size or strength... you put the dog and others at risk if you can't handle them.

Best line: I think she said "can you just hover it by me" No lady, it's not a flippin helicopter.
dale: "Ok."
Oct 31, 2016, 10:09 AM
Registered User
Blaze0021's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
Blaze:

The dog problem would really get one nervous, knowing the batteries are running down & the dog is waiting for a foam treat

That is a fantastic, manicured grass place you have to fly (looks pretty big to)
I've never flown RC at any place that nice.
Our Club paved runway is long & smooth, but usually crowded.
I would love to find a good grass place to fly my hand launch planes, but there is nothing around here like that.
Thanks for watching Clive! That's pretty much what I was worried about. I was already past my 4-minute mark and knew that usually after that amount of time, my Eflite 3S 1300mAh Batt is at around the 30% mark.

Yeah, me and my friends are pretty blessed to have this location. We treat it like a sacred place, unlike some of the other "entitled" folk that litter the fields after games. Sometimes we even take some of the time to pick up the trash left over from a comp and move the goal posts and trash cans to the side to clear the field. Not that many people also fly RC in the area.. its mainly me and a few of my other RC flying buddies that fly there. Occasionally, there will be another person flying his new multi-rotor on another field, but that's about it. Its right across the street from where I live, I don't have to drive an excessively long distance to go fly, pay any fees to get in, I don't have to deal with any attitudes from any snooty RC folk that think they know it all (long story short, I visited the closest RC Flying Club to me, and was NOT impressed). Where I fly at, its practically perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey_96
Blaze:

You held your tongue very well... i probably would have followed up the "it's a $200 plane" with "and a $1000 vet bill if your dog bites the wrong part". I saw it was dragging a leash, just broke away from the owner I assume? I have issues with owners that can't control their dog due to size or strength... you put the dog and others at risk if you can't handle them.

Best line: I think she said "can you just hover it by me" No lady, it's not a flippin helicopter.
Thanks for watching Dewey! There were a lot of things I wanted to say to excrement lady, but I just held it in and focused on flying on minimal throttle and keeping my plane flying while on reserve. If you saw the one part where the plane was out of view for a while, that was me trying to walk to another lacrosse field to see if the dog would back off, but aborted that plan as soon as the dog was following it and crossing the parking lot. That Zero, out of my FMS models required the most setup TLC, so I was not about to destroy that plane, just because some douche of a b__ch thinks I can hover a Zero.

Maybe Dale can hover a Zero, but I sure as hell can't, lol.
Oct 31, 2016, 10:14 AM
Registered User
bhoov128's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze0021
If you saw the one part where the plane was out of view for a while, that was me trying to walk to another lacrosse field to see if the dog would back off, but aborted that plan as soon as the dog was following it and crossing the parking lot.
Well hell, if it'll cross a parking lot chasing your plane what about a busy highway?
Oct 31, 2016, 10:17 AM
Registered User
Clive66's Avatar
I haven't had a dog chase a plane yet, but a couple of years ago, things got interesting on one of my flights.

I was flying off a narrow dirt strip, with only one path to land.
Even at best. it was a pretty limited area to fly RC.
I had just taken off my FMS 800 mm BF-109 on a 3 cell (pretty fast plane)
Just after I got in the air, a guy pulled up, parked partway into the only place I could land & his kid gets out & starts running his little RC truck around.
I yelled at him that I will need to land & that he is in the way (also told him to keep his kid out of the way).
He told his kid to move away from the center area, but didn't move his truck.
I ended up crashing the plane. trying to avoid his truck on landing.
Oct 31, 2016, 10:26 AM
Unterwerfen Sie sich der Gewal
freddy_fo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze0021
.. I don't have to deal with any attitudes from any snooty RC folk that think they know it all (long story short, I visited the closest RC Flying Club to me, and was NOT impressed). Where I fly at, its practically perfect.

...
If those people didn't fly planes they'd know it all about something else which is sad really. The moment the attitude surfaces just walk away... suffer no fools. I agree though that it is nicer to fly in a non-formal setting although it can take some time to find that perfect spot.
Oct 31, 2016, 10:31 AM
Registered User
bhoov128's Avatar
I find it weird the hit-or-miss club stuff. I felt completely welcomed the instant I showed up at the club I used to belong to (and will likely renew with again next year after taking this year off) Was like that at 3 other fields I've flown at as a guest.

No attitudes, no troubles. Only issue ever was a couple of old guys who didn't want to walk the runway and pick the nastier weeds - which I can understand because those guys were on the elderly side and who wants to be 85 and walking a 300' runway and bending down and picking weeds? One guy got kind of crappy about it and we just told him relax, we have 5 other guys working on it, and it's a bit much for old knees. He chilled... we fixed up the runway... all good
Oct 31, 2016, 10:38 AM
Ninja
ooOoo's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
I find it weird the hit-or-miss club stuff. I felt completely welcomed the instant I showed up at the club I used to belong to (and will likely renew with again next year after taking this year off) Was like that at 3 other fields I've flown at as a guest.

No attitudes, no troubles. Only issue ever was a couple of old guys who didn't want to walk the runway and pick the nastier weeds - which I can understand because those guys were on the elderly side and who wants to be 85 and walking a 300' runway and bending down and picking weeds? One guy got kind of crappy about it and we just told him relax, we have 5 other guys working on it, and it's a bit much for old knees. He chilled... we fixed up the runway... all good
I've visited our local club several times and it always drama free and just a bunch of guys flying planes and helping each other work on them. I felt very welcomed and sort of part of the club every time.
Oct 31, 2016, 10:47 AM
Registered User
Clive66's Avatar
I haven't had problems with the majority of members at the Clubs I've been in.
There will always be a couple of jerks when the club is large, but not enough to be concerned about.
I enjoy the BS sessions & seeing & learning about what others are flying.
The club I'm in currently, at last count, has about 360 members.
I don't like to fly RC alone & usually go to the club field.
At times, I need a break from all of the rules & right turns at the club, but that means a 86 mile, round trip drive to the dirt road, renegade field I fly at.

Added:
I plan to fly my re-built EDF jet at the club field in the morning.
The weather forecast isn't great, but doable.
Overcast early & cloudy after that, but little wind (visibility won't be the best)
Last edited by Clive66; Oct 31, 2016 at 10:56 AM.
Oct 31, 2016, 10:57 AM
Registered User
Blaze0021's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
dale: "Ok."
Bahahahaha He probably would have dared her to hover catch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
Well hell, if it'll cross a parking lot chasing your plane what about a busy highway?
Believe me, that thought did occurred to me. E-470 is right across the fence perimeter. I'm sure that would have gotten that woman running a bit faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
I haven't had a dog chase a plane yet, but a couple of years ago, things got interesting on one of my flights.

I was flying off a narrow dirt strip, with only one path to land.
Even at best. it was a pretty limited area to fly RC.
I had just taken off my FMS 800 mm BF-109 on a 3 cell (pretty fast plane)
Just after I got in the air, a guy pulled up, parked partway into the only place I could land & his kid gets out & starts running his little RC truck around.
I yelled at him that I will need to land & that he is in the way (also told him to keep his kid out of the way).
He told his kid to move away from the center area, but didn't move his truck.
I ended up crashing the plane. trying to avoid his truck on landing.
You should have been flying a Zero. You could have kamikaze'ed his truck. "Banzai a__hole!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy_fo
If those people didn't fly planes they'd know it all about something else which is sad really. The moment the attitude surfaces just walk away... suffer no fools. I agree though that it is nicer to fly in a non-formal setting although it can take some time to find that perfect spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
I find it weird the hit-or-miss club stuff. I felt completely welcomed the instant I showed up at the club I used to belong to (and will likely renew with again next year after taking this year off) Was like that at 3 other fields I've flown at as a guest.

No attitudes, no troubles. Only issue ever was a couple of old guys who didn't want to walk the runway and pick the nastier weeds - which I can understand because those guys were on the elderly side and who wants to be 85 and walking a 300' runway and bending down and picking weeds? One guy got kind of crappy about it and we just told him relax, we have 5 other guys working on it, and it's a bit much for old knees. He chilled... we fixed up the runway... all good
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
I've visited our local club several times and it always drama free and just a bunch of guys flying planes and helping each other work on them. I felt very welcomed and sort of part of the club every time.
I wished it was like that, but unfortunately it was not a good first time experience. The place I visited was Chatfield State Park, which is about 25 miles away from where I live. The Flying Club is based inside it. You have to pay an $8 fee to enter the State Park every time you enter (there's an annual fee, but I wasn't about to go there just yet), and then there is a club fee to fly at the airfield. The place was bustling with some mixed middle-aged to some old timers.. a few flying some large electrics, and a few gassers. I was in awe watching a large scale P-40 take off and blow past the sky as these experienced pilots were flying them with good skills. However, none were all too welcoming.

It probably didn't help that this was about a year and a half ago, and I was a noob at the time, flying a 808 camera-rigged Hobbyzone Sport Cub S in some nasty wind, just checking out the place and getting some good aerial footage of the location. This video is old - it is one of my first videos that I ever made, in the days that I used to strap cameras on ultra micro planes. Right from the start, you can tell the wind was pushing pretty hard as the plane was rolling backwards before take-off, lol:

Hobbyzone Sport Cub S2 "Sky Eye" - The Wings of Freedom (6 min 11 sec)

No one said anything to me, but I just got the feeling that they were expecting me to crash (although at the time I thought it was pretty epic for this plane to hold its own given the gusty conditions), lol.
Last edited by Blaze0021; Oct 31, 2016 at 11:10 AM.
Oct 31, 2016, 10:58 AM
Registered User
ApexpredatorGT's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
dale: "Ok."

Response of the century roflmao


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools