Feb 25, 2020, 07:15 PM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaBarefootBoy
Anybody here have an opinion on one of these vs the other?

Creality 3DŽ CR-10 Mini DIY 3D Printer

https://www.banggood.com/Creality-3D...r_warehouse=CN

Creality 3DŽ Customized Version Ender-3X Pro / Ender-3Xs Pro Prusa I3 3D Printer

https://www.banggood.com/Creality-3D...r_warehouse=CN

I'm not smart enough for either but my son showed an interest in a 3D printer for his birthday.

Ulterior Motive:
Then I could get him to print me things for FREE !!

Stephen
Admitting ignorance on the subject but down to on or the other.
No.

IMHO though they're not ready for prime time.

I'm VERY appreciative of the lab rats ahead of me because in five years, they'll be AMAZING!

In the mean time if you need something printed you can go to Thingiverse and then have something printed by Treatlab.

There's a reason why people let these things sit and not jump on them like a bum on a bologna sandwich. It's because the learning curve is insane!

I envision a device that laser scans what you want to reproduce and prints it.

https://scandimension.com/?gclid=Cj0...4aAgy7EALw_wcB

B

"I need tools to be dumbass proof."
Last edited by rikybob; Feb 25, 2020 at 07:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2020, 08:12 PM
Went to work on an F6F. I have decided not to finish this one out. I plan to start over tomorrow with a half dozen minor adjustments
Feb 25, 2020, 08:13 PM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_overstreet
went to work on an f6f. I have decided not to finish this one out. I plan to start over tomorrow with a half dozen minor adjustments
+1!
Feb 25, 2020, 08:22 PM
I don't know what to do
I finished the test model for my rx's all I need is a new prop and its ready to start testing the old rx's hopefully it's just a matter of sorting them to park flyers and regular rx's, I also have put the last rx I have for my new radio which leaves 6 more to get, so I don't want to start another project and I have 1 arf to finish and 2 or 3 to repair or rebuild, but I also have a idea for a new foam build and I have the foam so I don't know which way to flip we won't get to the kits or the engines to bench
Feb 26, 2020, 12:12 AM
jofro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep
Good on you BeachBoyII 30 yrs thats an eternity these days nice baby Koala!
Thank You to All, I can't believe it myself to such an achievement, but then again, it's all in the family, my parents lasted well over 60 years together giving me bit of old fashion inspiration.
Celebrations are now well over, it's back to flying action, another great morning, with my hand launching fleet while the strips are still too wet, more rain again as I speak!
2020 0226 150039 033 Skipper down wind dry launch (3 min 15 sec)
(Skippy dry down wind H/launch)
2020 0226 145241 032 "Midi Gold" EDF jet down wind hand launch (3 min 15 sec)
(Midi Gold down wind launch)
Feb 26, 2020, 12:50 AM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzir
Looking good, Dude! Did you put any washout into the wing?
No but the left panel has quite a bit of twist in it because of a very badly twisted lower spar. I had hoped that building the wing pinned down would straighten out the twist but it didn't. I should be able to correct it with the covering though.

That's what happens to 30 year-old boxes of wood unfortunately. And hardwood's not as easy to straighten as balsa.
Feb 26, 2020, 03:05 AM
jofro
My latest project "Golden Arrow" based on the "SSS" the smallest EDF jet in my fleet is well on its way. Powered by 3.5-4Kw. 8-10S set up should move this sleek frame nicely.
Feb 26, 2020, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
No but the left panel has quite a bit of twist in it because of a very badly twisted lower spar. I had hoped that building the wing pinned down would straighten out the twist but it didn't. I should be able to correct it with the covering though.

That's what happens to 30 year-old boxes of wood unfortunately. And hardwood's not as easy to straighten as balsa.
I see! Well, hopefully you can deal with it and get a good flyer. There's always trim!! LOL!
Feb 26, 2020, 11:41 AM
They call me Lipo...

UMX Turbo Timber - Unboxed and out on the zebra stripes!

Hey all,

I'm experimenting with a new camera I picked up over the holidays so figured I shoot a quick viddy...

For your viewing pleasure, here's my brief overview of the UMX Turbo Timber...:
E-flite UMX Turbo Timber BNF Basic - Unboxed and general overview (9 min 5 sec)

**DISCLAIMER*** I'm not quite used to the camera so I accidentally covered the microphone ever-so-slightly towards the end of the video which resulted in a strange "muffled" sound for a few seconds....

SORRY! At least now I know... !

Enjoy !
Feb 26, 2020, 06:45 PM
Hi there. I'm VERY interested in this! Where are the pads located inside of the radio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Nice!

I'm not sure if you're interested or not, but I added a couple of momentary contact switches to the back of my radio, you know, where my fingers are actually at when I fly. I find them incredibly easy to use compared to fumbling for a toggle switch, especially those on the front of the radio. These switches are in addition to all of the switches, not replacements or piggybacks.

With OpenTx, these switches can be used as a momentary contact obviously, but can also be used a standard 2 position switch as well (push once equals on, push again equals off. Think of retracts for example). I'm actually using a momentary pushbutton to operate 3 position flaps! They can also be used for a quick call out of telemetry voltage, switch between 2 flight modes, or anything you want!
Feb 26, 2020, 09:10 PM
Built and painted a Hellcat
Feb 26, 2020, 09:26 PM
They call me Lipo...
SAWEET !!!!

Nice Hellcat...and Zero !

Feb 26, 2020, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Overstreet
Built and painted a Hellcat
You are a master with foam!!!
Feb 26, 2020, 11:50 PM
DFS#000178
I have a Hellcat waiting to be put together if VQ would ever get the damn retracts back in stock.

Quick Reply