Oct 20, 2019, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warnekid
That's um... colorful! You may get used to soaring and decide it's pretty fun. I prefer a soaring type of flying because of the closer connection to the "ocean of air" feel. My high-speed and STOL planes tend to have a more "driving around in the sky" feel to them. Crowding at the field is not much of a problem with my sailplanes as once I'm in the air I am gone.

I ordered my first microcam (Firefly Microcam) today.
At the local club I went to there were two stock Funrays, so I thought if I got one it should look a bit different. Plus the stock one - like most gliders(or I mean powered sailplanes... ) are very boring looking. I wish I'd gone for something more aggressive looking(dark grey with Russian stars would have been cool..), but I figured I should err on the side of visibility. I'm no good at painting (little patience), so just did something basic. I am however happy how it turned out. In the sense of lucky that there weren't bad runs etc...
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2019, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep
Hey HS looks like a fun plane squiggly and all! beautiful area as well- what cam did you have on plane??
Hey, it's an Onepaa X2000:

https://www.banggood.com/OnePaa-X200...r_warehouse=ES

Hobbyking also sells/sold them as the Turnigy Eclipse. I have one of each... I think they're good - they're like a Mobius, but with self stabilization. If you have a part of the plane in view it will look like it's bobbing around, which is kind of annoying. But if not it takes pretty decent and stable video for 50 bucks... For a $100 plane with no FC and a 38 cam(on sale at HK back in the day), I thought this clip looked pretty stable.

Sonic HD 1213mm Wing 4S (5 min 0 sec)
Oct 21, 2019, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage

Hobbyking also sells/sold them as the Turnigy Eclipse. I have one of each... I think they're good - they're like a Mobius, but with self stabilization. If you have a part of the plane in view it will look like it's bobbing around, which is kind of annoying. But if not it takes pretty decent and stable video for 50 bucks... For a $100 plane with no FC and a €38 cam(on sale at HK back in the day), I thought this clip looked pretty stable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C2ccaB5MdU
Yeah not bad! I have a similar cam, AIO 1080p cam haven't used it hardly at all- I just ordered 2 more Firefly MicroCams, one died in the GT float disaster for $18 they are fantastic! true 1080p resolution IMO... Yup the Gyro effect is cool as long as plane not visible! see my MiG17 flights
Oct 21, 2019, 01:07 AM
I got the Micro Firefly and found it pretty horrible. The new ones must be better. Yours looks much better than mine. Mine is basically useless afaic...
Oct 21, 2019, 07:35 AM
The king of mediocre flyin'!

Current situation...

.....niiice.
Oct 21, 2019, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob
.....niiice.
Porta-potty?
Oct 21, 2019, 08:28 AM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob
.....niiice.
Did you get the switch working for lil Tim?
Oct 21, 2019, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
Porta-potty?
LMAO!! I was thinking the same thing!
Oct 21, 2019, 08:51 AM
Damage is expected
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzir
Me too! Or a codpiece for a storm trooper who got on the Dune movie set
Oct 21, 2019, 09:01 AM
LMAO...Hopefully it was never used as a potty or codpiece before RB put them on.
Oct 21, 2019, 09:05 AM
Damage is expected
He did get it used...
Oct 21, 2019, 10:58 AM
Work hard, play hard
Speaking of toilets...
Here's a flight of my crappy 1.1m Bf-109F.

1100mm Bf-109F. Trimming flight. (3 min 54 sec)

It was a swap meet find, that I paid almost nothing for (thank God!). One of her wings had been cracked/repaired and has a bit of a polyhedral, which makes her roll left at slow speed; so, she's rather cranky during takeoff and landing.
Oct 21, 2019, 11:10 AM
God Your CoPilot? Switch Seats

Seems to be sold out and the FTX that goes with it are discontinued but it look like it was good when available.

Stephen
Oct 21, 2019, 11:35 AM
I got the FPV cradle for it but haven't used it. I have for the Mobius though...
Oct 21, 2019, 12:36 PM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
Quote:
Porta-potty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Did you get the switch working for lil Tim?
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzir
Quote:
Me too! Or a codpiece for a storm trooper who got on the Dune movie set
Quote:
LMAO...Hopefully it was never used as a potty or codpiece before RB put them on.
Quote:
He did get it used...
Heheh.

I call it "Toaster face"!

Nope, I'll do the Lil' Timby Tx tomorrow!

The DJI Goggle is AMAZING!

B

Quick Reply