Sep 20, 2019, 07:15 AM
The king of mediocre flyin'!

God almighty!

H/H couldn't do this with the C**ntvergence?

SMH

I may need to consider this for the rig while being on the road. I never had any confidence with the Convergence and the X- vert couldn't handle any wind.

B

"Gyrocoptergirl uploaded a new video"

You Won't Believe How EASY this RC VTOL Plane Flies - TheRcSaylors (16 min 29 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2019, 09:48 AM

Cooked off....

... another Mavic battery before it self discharge...

"Where'd this rain come from?"

Center Pt IA, Lazy Acres 2 (9 min 56 sec)
Sep 20, 2019, 10:57 AM
non-R/C question (for VaStinkyBarefootBoy)

On a typical flight - I understand cabin is pressurized to less than pressure at 0' ASL - what equivalent altitude is the cabin pressurized to?
Sep 20, 2019, 11:23 AM
I'd rather be flying!
At cruising altitudes of 30k-40k ft AMSL, passenger jet cabin pressure is equivalent to ~6000-8000 ft AMSL.

Joel
Latest blog entry: RealFlight 9
Sep 20, 2019, 11:25 AM
Thanks Joel
Sep 20, 2019, 11:35 AM
Does it have invasion stripes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
At cruising altitudes of 30k-40k ft AMSL, passenger jet cabin pressure is equivalent to ~6000-8000 ft AMSL.

Joel
Are there any planes other than the 787 Dreamliner that have 6000 ft cabin pressure?
Sep 20, 2019, 11:49 AM
I'd rather be flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoUteFan
Are there any planes other than the 787 Dreamliner that have 6000 ft cabin pressure?
Not sure. I just know that passenger jet cabin pressure @ typical cruise altitudes is usually stated as being between 6k & 8k AMSL. Typically closer to 8k when cruising up near 40k.

Highest I've ever flown without an O2 mask or cabin pressure is 14k, in my dad's C185. The ol' naturally-aspirated Continental O-520 was working pretty hard up there.

Drove my '87 Buick GN up to 14.1k on the Mount Evans Scenic Byway, too. Thanks to the dinner-plate-size turbo, it didn't even breathe hard up there! Still had no trouble pulling 22 pounds of boost! But I was huffing & puffing a bit just walking around!

Joel
Latest blog entry: RealFlight 9
Sep 20, 2019, 11:50 AM
Custom User Name Title
Most airliners are in that range. Pressurization to the equivalent of 8,000 ASL is the max allowable mandated by law.

The "Aircraft" section of this wiki page explains a bit more:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabin_pressurization
Sep 20, 2019, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob
... another Mavic battery before it self discharge...

"Where'd this rain come from?"

https://youtu.be/OsF-Pu38vLw
Are you going to do a float fly on that little pond in the corner?
Sep 20, 2019, 01:10 PM
Did two flights with the Jug on the way to work. Although my thumbs, brain, and plane weren’t in sync in the air, the takeoffs were nice and both landings greasy.
Sep 20, 2019, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoUteFan
Are you going to do a float fly on that little pond in the corner?
I don't think so, what I might do love the far side where there is no one at is take Little Tim be over there but Jesus the wind picks up immediately after sun up!

B
Sep 20, 2019, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Not sure. I just know that passenger jet cabin pressure @ typical cruise altitudes is usually stated as being between 6k & 8k AMSL. Typically closer to 8k when cruising up near 40k.

Highest I've ever flown without an O2 mask or cabin pressure is 14k, in my dad's C185. The ol' naturally-aspirated Continental O-520 was working pretty hard up there.

Drove my '87 Buick GN up to 14.1k on the Mount Evans Scenic Byway, too. Thanks to the dinner-plate-size turbo, it didn't even breathe hard up there! Still had no trouble pulling 22 pounds of boost! But I was huffing & puffing a bit just walking around!

Joel
Speaking of Mt. Evans and large turbos!

Mt Evans Denver Drive Down 5x (14 min 15 sec)

Mt Evans Denver (8 min 52 sec)
Sep 20, 2019, 05:20 PM
jofro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutski
But where are the kangaroos?
They were surrounding me at different field while flying choppers.
Sep 20, 2019, 06:35 PM
God Your CoPilot? Switch Seats
Well it seems I am a bit late to answer the pressurization question.
I could give you the exact schedule in the climb for the 737 but it maxes out at 8k.

We can’t be dispatched above 10k without pressurization (PACs inop - Press & Air Cond systems. We have two and can operate for a limited number flight segments with one inop.
Incase of loss of pressurization we descend to 14k immediately (unless in high mountainous terrain) then down to 10k.
O2 masks required until 10k.

Sorry I was late to the party. Thanks for answering everybody.

I gave away the little 1/12 RC truck to my wife’s 2nd cousins 11 year old only to find out Dad had just bought him a fairly nice 1/10 Arrma Granite 4wd truck. He seemed to like it though.

Oh well, no good deed goes unpunished :-)

Stephen

Quick Reply