Jun 19, 2019, 11:41 AM
mutski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
Finished the frame-up on the Cessna.

Lots of work to do still but she's getting there.
Very nice job! I'll be watching for the maiden.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2019, 11:44 AM
mutski
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
Tube do you do any waterproofing / corrosion proofing on your stuff? Ever had issues with saltwater etching away at anything?
I never used anything when I was flying the beach at Anchor Point, but I could see the results in axles and wheel collars. The little set screws got very difficult to remove. I had one crash I needed to retrieve by boat. I flushed the plane with a garden hose, dried it out and it flew fine ever after. i still use it.
Jun 19, 2019, 03:48 PM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece
The guy from San Diego says the beach is a harsh environment.

Yeah, it's so harsh that you have to wear a Speedo and sunscreen and hope, nay, pray some beastly old woman doesn't hobble on up, plant herself in your immediate field of vision, and start lotioning her 1000-year-old legs like a slow-mo shot from a varicose vein treatment advertisement.

Sounds tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofro
Today started on another toy I got for a song on RCT, recession is certainly well on its way, so many bargains to choose from. Just can't understand why would anyone sell for peanuts such a nice model, brand new in the box, sold already 3X!!! Love it. Just keep your eyes open!
jFro adding to his collection...interesting jet!
Jun 19, 2019, 05:31 PM
☠ -4
All electrics are in. Just need to dial in throws, check current draw with charged batteries and hopefully find proper CG as I don't have the manual to this 10+ year old plane.

Tracks nice on the ground even with a stiff breeze working against it.

Jun 19, 2019, 05:59 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Sweet!

Joel
Latest blog entry: E-flite 850mm Pitts
Jun 19, 2019, 06:33 PM
That looks great
Jun 19, 2019, 07:49 PM
Beautiful, Fred!!
Jun 19, 2019, 09:57 PM
Hot and humid today. Making for some pretty good storms tonight.

Got the tank dam patched up so hopefully there will be some good runoff and my float planes will have their full landing strip back.
Jun 19, 2019, 11:35 PM
Score

What's in the Box!? Eflite 1.2m P-47 Razorback Warbird (7 min 52 sec)
Jun 20, 2019, 10:42 AM
mutski
I had a successful maiden of my rebuilt Nano Goblin yesterday. I had one bad launch, did loops, rolls, dives and climbs, ignored thermals for the first hour and still kept it up for 2 hours and 3 minutes. The endurance contest is Saturday night. The owner of last year's winning plane sold it to a kid with ambition. Last year, it was the last plane still in the air at 48 minutes and landed with 1/4 tank of fuel. I'm in suspense. I'm going to practice some more today, just hope I can avoid crashing it before Saturday, lol. I still have NG1 as a backup, but its camera draws significantly more power.
Jun 20, 2019, 02:04 PM
JohnVHRC
Flite Test Night Radian

What a fun bird! And it thermals very well too!

Night Radian FT 2.0m MAIDEN FLIGHTS with AS3X and SAFE Select (EFL3650) (6 min 1 sec)

Night Radian FT 2.0m UNBOXING and ASSEMBLY with AS3X and SAFE Select (EFL3650) (22 min 7 sec)
Latest blog entry: VQ A-24 Banshee Maiden Flight!
Jun 21, 2019, 12:24 AM
What happen every one too busy today to RC!?

FRC P-51 Mustang Warm Up Flight Leads Off ! (13 min 7 sec)
Jun 21, 2019, 12:59 AM
Did the maiden flight of AXN Cloud Fly
AXN Couds Fly Flight Review (1 min 52 sec)
Jun 21, 2019, 01:58 AM
Does it have invasion stripes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep
What happen every one too busy today to RC!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Cg8vDjBnw
Always a good day at the Shores, even under the Summer Solstice Eve June Gloom. Thanks for another good fly, Tube.
Jun 21, 2019, 03:34 AM
jofro
Cold and windy Winter Solstice day down here bellow didn't stop me flying today with few EDFs.

Quick Reply