Mar 14, 2016, 06:29 PM
Don't hate bro
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReM56
I bought my Grandson a Sport Cub S, I gave him a Champ for Christmas and have been guiding him along. Now I think he is ready to move up to 4 channel.

Ron
That's awesome you're getting him into it. I've want to get into RC since I was a kid, but nobody in my family was into it. Then when I got out my own I was always broke. Now that I'm a bit older I can start to afford it now, and hopefully get some kids in our family interested and help them learn.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2016, 06:30 PM
Don't hate bro
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHOFM
Thanks, the Elipso will fool you, it is full 3D, 60` deflection on 4 ailerons.
Wow, yes it did! I don't know much about it, but I was thinking it was a gentle, relaxed flyer. Sounds like it's going to a blast to fly!
Mar 14, 2016, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexpredatorGT
No rc today, weather wasnt ideal. So I just cleaned up my toys and looked at them mounted and displayed
Is there room for the supersonic up there ?

I put a new radio system in my Spacewalker. It had a Flysky RX in it but I removed it and installed a Tactic RX .

I also tried to straighten a bent prop shaft (something I have done successfully many times ) and snapped it

Now I will need to order a replacement shaft or two and drill press it into the motor.
Mar 14, 2016, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
That's awesome you're getting him into it. I've want to get into RC since I was a kid, but nobody in my family was into it. Then when I got out my own I was always broke. Now that I'm a bit older I can start to afford it now, and hopefully get some kids in our family interested and help them learn.
I've been trying to get him interested in something besides I-pad and video games for a while. I always gave him educational things for gifts in the past. Last year I gave him a Quad, but he got bored with that. Since I gave him the champ he is ready to go flying anytime wind is light. He is picking it up really well, only damage to champ is 1 motor shaft. Not bad for beginner.

Yep I hope you can get some youngsters in your family into RC also.

Ron
Mar 14, 2016, 07:29 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Wow, yes it did! I don't know much about it, but I was thinking it was a gentle, relaxed flyer. Sounds like it's going to a blast to fly!
It's not an Elipso, it is an Astro Bipe. Senior moment.,,...
Mar 14, 2016, 07:38 PM
Today: Fixed a bad ESC connection on my Eflite 1100mm P47. Thought the ESC went bad but the good people here told me the symptoms I had were a bad connection to the motor...you were right!

I have an 800mm Airfield P47 I refurbished a few weeks back, but it noses over every time I land, so today I canted the LG forward a little..it's much harder to nose over now. Can't wait to see how it does next time out! maybe I'll save on props.

Touched up paint on my Hitec Zipper which got a little scraped up on hard farm stalks...need to land somewhere else.

soon I plan to add flaps to my old Art Tech F18 Blue Angels EDF so landings are softer...
Last edited by Hugo Flynow; Oct 05, 2017 at 06:50 AM.
Mar 14, 2016, 08:21 PM
Don't hate bro
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
Today: Fixed a bad ESC connection on my Eflite 1100mm P47. Thought the ESC went bad but the good people here told me the symptoms I had were a bad connection to the motor...you were right!

I have an 800mm Airfield P47 I refurbished a few weeks back, but it noses over every time I land, so today I canted the LG forward a little..it's much harder to nose over now. Can't wait to see how it does next time out! maybe I'll save on props.

Touched up paint on my Hitec Zipper which got a little scraped up on hard farm stalks...need to land somewhere else.

soon I plan to add flaps to my old Art Tech F18 Blue Angels EDF so landings are softer...
You've been busy today! I land mostly in old soy bean fields, the bean stubble can be harsh on a plane for sure.

I get to go watch the Blue Angels in May... WooHOO
Mar 14, 2016, 08:28 PM
Greediest Suer
I spent a few hours searching for motor bearings that I ordered a few weeks ago for a motor with a bent shaft. I finally gave up looking for them and decided to just swap shafts for now, thinking the bearings would turn up soon enough. They did.

Before I even picked the motor up, I suddenly remembered putting them on the bent shaft between the can and stator so I wouldn't lose them.
Mar 14, 2016, 08:29 PM
Don't hate bro
Thread OP
Today I flew my Simple Delta as designed by Dekan. And worked some more on my Wingnetic that landed unexpectedly after losing a wing. It's looking pretty rough lol.

A problem I've been having lately is that I'm using hextronic 24 gram motors in the little plastic tube mounts and the motors are wanting to spin inside the mounts. I've lost 2 motors now to broken wires because the motor spins and actually rips the wire. It may be from vibration since I don't balance my props? I've got to figure out some way to keep the motors secure. I really like the tube mounts and want to continue to use them.

Motor https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
Mounts https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Pic of the old beat up Wingnetic

Mar 14, 2016, 08:30 PM
Blue Angels come here to Pax River in the fall....they basically fly over my house...lol.

I wanted to get more done today, but I spent most of Sunday illustrating and designing a business card....made my eyes buggy...Getting too old for this crap.
Mar 14, 2016, 08:30 PM
Don't hate bro
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H
I spent a few hours searching for motor bearings that I ordered a few weeks ago for a motor with a bent shaft. I finally gave up looking for them and decided to just swap shafts for now, thinking the bearings would turn up soon enough. They did.

Before I even picked the motor up, I suddenly remembered putting them on the bent shaft between the can and stator so I wouldn't lose them.
Sounds like how I would do things lol.
Mar 14, 2016, 08:31 PM
Quote:

The only time I find stuff is when I give up looking for it!
Mar 14, 2016, 08:32 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Quote:

If I ever find all my lost stuff, I will need a lot bigger house.
Mar 14, 2016, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHOFM
If I ever find all my lost stuff, I will need a lot bigger house.
That would mean you lost it in someone elses house...
Mar 14, 2016, 09:03 PM
Let me see, what did I do RC today.

Other than spending time posting here & looking at new RC stuff on the internet, I did nothing.
I have a Maxford Stearman that needs about a day or so to finish (didn't get touched today)
Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Quick Reply