Mar 14, 2016, 07:57 AM
My p51 was great but I would have thought it would have flown faster. Didn't seem to have a lot of power. Guess I need to get a bigger motor
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2016, 09:07 AM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by stemo99
I had 4 great flights with my Sabre 35.
That's a nice looking plane. I'm pretty sure I'd have only 1 nice flight for a while - then crash lol.
Mar 14, 2016, 10:19 AM
The day has just started for me but I will be flying Teddy either at lunch and/or after work....as long as wind and weather are cooperating. I did some work over the weekend to my balsa model (Hangar 9 Easy 2 trainer). Got the battery hatch cut out and pictured below. I'm kinda surprised there wasn't already a hatch there since it used to be a gas model and that's where the tank was located. Oh well. Still need to go back and clean up the edges of the hatch.

Since it's warming up around here, I'll probably be getting my bike back out and riding to work again.
Mar 14, 2016, 10:37 AM
AMA 537620
I pieced together a set of plans off of outerzone... An 86% printout of a 48" Pitts Special to make it a 1/5 scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslord1124
I'm kinda surprised there wasn't already a hatch there since it used to be a gas model and that's where the tank was located
You'd be surprised, most glow models have no access to the tank except it is expected that you can shoehorn it through that former and fish the lines through the firewall. Best way was always to take a 3 ft piece of tubing, bend it in half and push the two lines through the front of the firewall to meet the fuel tank before it went through the former.
Mar 14, 2016, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillPhatCat
You'd be surprised, most glow models have no access to the tank except it is expected that you can shoehorn it through that former and fish the lines through the firewall. Best way was always to take a 3 ft piece of tubing, bend it in half and push the two lines through the front of the firewall to meet the fuel tank before it went through the former.
Yeah the only way of accessing the fuel tank on this one that I can see is with the wing off and then reaching through the front bulkheads. I didn't see this plane when it was a glow model so I'm not too sure how the previous guys did it. And from the pic you can see the narrow hole you had for pushing fuel lines through.

My old Right Flyer trainer I had was a little nicer in that department. The hole for the fuel lines was double the width of that hole...same height I would say. And the part of the fuse right directly in front of the front window was removable...held in with 4 wood screws. Almost like the hood for a car. Here's the closest pic I could find that shows the opening (this isn't my old plane, this is someone else's...mine had the red/white/blue covering paint scheme).

So I made something kinda similar on this plane, and at least large enough that I put in the battery pretty easily.

Had a dummy moment today while flying Teddy. As I was taking off a gust of wind lifted him straight up and then backwards towards a parked truck. Probably came within 6-8 feet of hitting the truck. I am generally very careful and don't have these kinds of close call kind of moments.
Mar 14, 2016, 02:07 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Several years ago, by brother in law tried to fly a big gasser in the parking lot at work and
did $6000 damage to his bosses 1 day old van. The plane was a total loss and he threw
the transmitter in the dumpster with the plane. He is flying some small electrics now.
Mar 14, 2016, 02:40 PM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Thread OP
That would be a tough one to explain lol
Mar 14, 2016, 03:09 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.

What did I do RC today ?

Wasted too much time on the Internet, (usually looking up things for people too lazy to do it themselves).

Did some swearing.

Started covering a wing on my current scratch built project.

Did a lot more swearing.

Boy I love building and forums.

I think.

Ray.
Mar 14, 2016, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHOFM
Several years ago, by brother in law tried to fly a big gasser in the parking lot at work and
did $6000 damage to his bosses 1 day old van. The plane was a total loss and he threw
the transmitter in the dumpster with the plane. He is flying some small electrics now.
Ouch. That just has bad idea written on it from the get go.
Mar 14, 2016, 04:18 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by basslord1124
Ouch. That just has bad idea written on it from the get go.
Better his boss's van than his BOSS !
Mar 14, 2016, 04:39 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Got in some stuff, ESC for the Little Bug, and the motor for the Elipso Bipe. Both are now ready
for flight! FAA numbers and all.

Mar 14, 2016, 04:51 PM
No rc today, weather wasnt ideal. So I just cleaned up my toys and looked at them mounted and displayed
Mar 14, 2016, 05:03 PM
I bought my Grandson a Sport Cub S, I gave him a Champ for Christmas and have been guiding him along. Now I think he is ready to move up to 4 channel.

Ron
Mar 14, 2016, 06:25 PM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHOFM
Got in some stuff, ESC for the Little Bug, and the motor for the Elipso Bipe. Both are now ready
for flight! FAA numbers and all.

Both of those look nice! I especially like the Little Bug
Mar 14, 2016, 06:26 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Both of those look nice! I especially like the Little Bug
Thanks, the Elipso will fool you, it is full 3D, 60` deflection on 4 ailerons.

Quick Reply