Mar 13, 2016, 06:26 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

What did you do RC today?

Ntshco
Last edited by RCG-Tech; Aug 16, 2021 at 11:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2016, 06:31 PM
Thread OP
Same
Last edited by ooOoo; Jan 23, 2021 at 11:06 AM.
Mar 13, 2016, 08:29 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Too rainy/windy to fly here in Portland , so I built an EzFly .
Mar 13, 2016, 09:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
Too rainy/windy to fly here in Portland , so I built an EzFly .
You've always got the coolest planes! This is now another one on my quickly growing list of stuff to build
Mar 13, 2016, 09:23 PM
I flew my p51 mustang. Had it almost 4 years and first time was today. It flys so good . Could not believe how easy it was to land
Mar 13, 2016, 09:55 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
You've always got the coolest planes! This is now another one on my quickly growing list of stuff to build
The EzFly is the best beginner first time flying plane ( IMHO ) !

I sell EzFlys and other Dollar Store foam planes to finance my hobby - whatever I make in a month becomes my RC budget for the following month .

If you haven't already , consider adding LeadFeather's Yak 55 to your build list - it's a REALLY nice flying plane ! Here's mine :

RC Yak 55 , Dollar Tree foam (2 min 51 sec)
Mar 13, 2016, 10:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensite
I flew my p51 mustang. Had it almost 4 years and first time was today. It flys so good . Could not believe how easy it was to land
I bet it felt good to have it in the air, 4 years is a long time to wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
The EzFly is the best beginner first time flying plane ( IMHO ) !

I sell EzFlys and other Dollar Store foam planes to finance my hobby - whatever I make in a month becomes my RC budget for the following month .

If you haven't already , consider adding LeadFeather's Yak 55 to your build list - it's a REALLY nice flying plane ! Here's mine :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klZerTbR0s4
Ok, yes, it's on the list now too! I'll never get caught up, especially now that the weather is getting nice all I'll want to do is fly and not build.
Mar 13, 2016, 10:51 PM
Thread OP

And made some XT30 to XT60 adapters so I can charge my batteries with my XT60 charging leads or to use an XT30 battery with an XT60 esc. Super easy to do using knowledge acquired here on RCG. You have to spin the pins in the housing to get stuff lined up good. Also finished gluing my Wingnetic back together, hopefully I can fly it soon, I miss that thing!

Mar 13, 2016, 10:53 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Nothing. Absolutely nothing! Have not even turned on the light in the shop room today.

I did do a 17 mile bike ride on my brand new 1983 Trek 310! Total restoration with lots
of updates. From 12 tp 21 speed. New derailleurs. All bearings replaced, sealed BB.
Hand built wheels.

Mar 13, 2016, 10:58 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHOFM
Nothing. Absolutely nothing! Have not even turned on the light in the shop room today.

I did do a 17 mile bike ride on my brand new 1983 Trek 310!

That sounds fun too! Depending on what area you're from, Arkansas has some beautiful scenery. The farthest I've rode is 9 miles on a $79 walmart mountain bike and my son was on a little $20 16" bike I got at a yard sale. It was a fun day.
Mar 13, 2016, 11:07 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
NW Ark and it is fairly flat here. My longest day was 128 miles. I have been to Tulsa twice, about
a 100 ride each way.
It is nice to have computers to track miles, in the past nine years I am just over 40,000 miles.
I have lost 110lbs. I started on a $88 Walmart bike at 318lbs.

I have about $20,000 worth of bikes in my living room.

My Grand daughters race for Felt, and they ride $20,000 bikes. They each have two bikes.
Mar 13, 2016, 11:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

Quote:

My Grand daughters race for Felt, and they ride $20,000 bikes. They each have two bikes.
Mar 13, 2016, 11:29 PM
Interesting thread. I tried to give my nephew a 10 minute lesson on flying RC using the sim. I didn't realize how hard that was. I also broke in two new batteries. That usually takes half a day. Charge/discharge 5 times at 1C, each cycle takes about an hour with 15 minutes between for cool down. It was family day so I darent fly without the wife's blessing. We might have a picnic at the field though this week so I can maiden a new plane.

-MM
Mar 13, 2016, 11:32 PM
Quote:
NW Ark and it is fairly flat here. My longest day was 128 miles. I have been to Tulsa twice, about
a 100 ride each way.
It is nice to have computers to track miles, in the past nine years I am just over 40,000 miles.
I have lost 110lbs. I started on a $88 Walmart bike at 318lbs.

Good for you man! I have been trying my hardest to get my father-in-law on the bike for health reasons. I don't have $20K in bikes any more but the two I have (Specilized S-Works Tarmac and Kona Jake The Snake) I will never get rid of.

-MM
Mar 14, 2016, 06:05 AM
I had 4 great flights with my Sabre 35.

Quick Reply