This thread is privately moderated by speedyb_tx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 13, 2016, 05:49 PM
Trader Rating: 4
Thread OP
$750.00 USD
Will not ship
For Sale

4 axis cnc hot wire foam cutter, PC, gecko, software Dallas TX

Location is Van Alstyne, TX. An hour North of Dallas.

This is a 4 axis cnc foam cutter I built. It works very well. No power supplies are included.

I also have FOAM.... Blue Foam from southwest vault - a trailer load of it, worth $300+ for $100
Otherwise the Foam is NOT INCLUDED in CNC PRICE. Foam is sized for RC airplane wings and Fuselages. 2, and 3" thick. Will sell Foam by seperatly.

It was built in 2015.

Description:

Working area APPROXIMATE:
24" Height (Z)
30" Depth (Y)
35" Width (X)

It is mounted on a piece of Solid core Door.
Motor Driver is a Gecko 540 bought new in 2015. this is a 300 dollar driver. It uses all 4 axis.
Cutter:
Uses Openbuilds C-beam linear rail and V slot rail.
Acme 3/8-12 single start lead screw
Delrin Acme Nuts

Nema 23 Stepper motors: (28VDC) You will need a 24 to 28V 5A power supply for the Motors.
Shaft Size: 1/4", Torque: 175 oz-in, Step Angle: 1.8, Peak current is 2.8A/phase, 4 Wire Bi-polar

Wheels/bearings are openbuild's solid delrin V wheels.

Licensed Software: Mach 3 Mill. Devcad Profili Wing and fuse design software on usb dongle
Computer Dual core, new Hard drive. Win7 pro. MONITOR NOT INCLUDED.

EXTRA Parts - hardware, 2 motors, wheels, bearings as seen in pic of items in a drawer included.

CABINET Below the Cutter is not included.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2016, 08:56 AM
Trader Rating: 4
Thread OP
Best offers sought Will trade towards Oxy Acetlyne rig.
Mar 17, 2016, 02:46 PM
Trader Rating: 2
I'm looking to build a CNC Foam Cutter. Wish you were closer to me so we could try to make a deal. Good luck with your sale!
May 19, 2016, 12:15 PM
Trader Rating: 3
It's certainly worth the money you are asking, but why not include the power supplies ?
And why only 35" wide ?

If you weren't 24 hours drive time, each way, I would come pick it up from you.
Latest blog entry: Getting into making kits
May 29, 2016, 08:45 AM
Trader Rating: 14
My tapeworm tells me what todo
HUmmmmmm if this could be converted to use a router I may be interested. I never use my oxy setup as I have a plasma.....
Shoot me a PM with your number and we can discuss. I already have the 540 and power supply but was reserving that for my plasma.
May 29, 2016, 10:20 AM
Trader Rating: 171
Once in a lifetime
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoTillerGuy
It's certainly worth the money you are asking, but why not include the power supplies ?
And why only 35" wide ?

If you weren't 24 hours drive time, each way, I would come pick it up from you.
The wider it is, the faster the wire has to travel to do a taper. Speed limitations make the width a constraint. I suppose if you're using a belt drive system, speed not such an issue.

Plus you'll need much more depth to accomplish that taper, do you want this thing to take up half your garage?

It is very easy to do a multipanel wing. Mine is 32 inch wide and have run into only a couple projects I couldn't do, related to 45 degree tapers, my table isn't deep enough.

Daniel

Quick Reply