This thread is privately moderated by warlikeofchaos, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 13, 2016, 11:49 AM
Jungle man flyer
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Warlike's HCP80 1S Main Brushless

The HCP80, the step that I took from v911, my fist CP, the one that allowed me to learn CP and survived. Yes, besides I've got/flight 100s a lot and I'm now taking a step on 450 realms with a Tarot 450 project, I'm still attached to HCP80, I could not let it sit taking dust on a shelf, so I decided to make it live longer.

Note: If you plan to buy an HCP80 to make it BL, don't! Just buy HCP100s with the money.

Dadio and Nelicopter made theirs HCP80 BL with an outrunner motor, ahilker made with inrunner. I opted for inrunner cause I don't have tools to make a suport from CF/AL to sit the outrunner.

Parts list:
Notes:
  • With USB stick from BG that I used you need to revert the red and black wires;
  • You need to enlarge the bottom part of the frame, the shaft from BLH3327 is too short;
  • Use non bullet blades, they perform better. I'm using 80v2 blades (Neli and ahilker told that lynx perform wonders, but the shipping cost for them is prohibitive to my country);
  • Use orings on all linkages to reduce wobble;
  • Do not reverse polarity, in doubt check twice;
  • The BLHeli version that I used is 13.2 main with gov on. This allow the bird to maintain HS through the flight;
  • I'm using Taranis, my HCP80 profile is on second post;
  • I do not used trainer port (pics how I done on second post).
  • I modified the LG and canopy.
  • I changed the connectors from eflight lipos (busted one), take real care when changing connectors or use an adapter;
  • Default lipo is a no no. Eflight ones gives 3 min:

Hisky HCP80 1S Main BL (3 min 6 sec)

Pros:
  • No more change of main motor (brushed used to last 30~50 flights);
  • A bit more powerful than stock;
  • Fun and satisfaction of complete a successful BL conversion;

Cons:
  • Can be frustrating to fine tune;
  • You need to solder tiny parts;
  • Cost! just buy a 100s please;

I also want to say thanks to Nelicopter, ahilker and dadio who helped me sharing their experiences and answering my questions.

Ask me any questions about it.
Last edited by warlikeofchaos; Mar 15, 2016 at 05:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply