HobbyKing Super-G PNF Autogyro Review, Part Two - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

HobbyKing Super-G PNF Autogyro Review, Part Two

It's been a long time coming, but a reborn and properly prepped model results in some of the most fun flying imaginable.

Splash

Introduction

HobbyKing Super-G PNF Autogyro

Rotor Diameter:42.5" (1080mm) with electronically controlled automatic start
Weight:58.2 oz (1650g)
Length:48.1" (1223mm)
Height:19.25" (489mm)
Construction:Expanded polyolefin airframe and wheel fairings; carbon fiber tail reinforcement boom and horizontal stabilizer spar; lite ply battery tray and auto-start frame; aluminum main landing gear; steel pushrods, auto-start shaft and tail wheel assembly; nylon propeller with plastic spinner; plastic coated foam main rotor blades; plastic main rotor head and fulcrum; plastic wheels with foam tires
Center of Gravity:16.3" (415mm) from tip of nose
Servos:Two HK 17g metal gear; two HK 9g with gear train material not specified
Transmitter:Hitec Optic 6 Sport six-channel 2.4GHz computerized aircraft
Receiver:Hitec Optima 6 six-channel 2.4GHz AFHSS spread spectrum
Battery as Tested:ZIPPY Flightmax 3000mAh 4S 30C lithium polymer with XT60 connector and JST-XH balancing plug
Motor:HobbyKing 3648 brushless outrunner; 850Kv
PropellerHobbyKing 10x7E standard rotation
ESC:HobbyKing 50A brushless
Operator Skill Level/Age:Advanced; 14+
Available FromHobbyking.com
Price:$146.01 - $203.94 depending on warehouse location plus shipping and applicable tax

If there's one thing I can say for sure, flying a radio controlled model autogyro is totally unlike any other R/C discipline. It requires equal parts fixed wing and helicopter skills, but once a pilot can bring the two together, the rewards are well worth the effort.

It's my pleasure to bring our readers the second part of a two part review of the unique, exotic and just plain fun HobbyKing Super-G plug-n-fly autogyro. Should one wonder why this is "part two," it's because I did something I'd never done before, namely crashing a review subject on its maiden flight.

To briefly recap, the main rotor of an autogyro is unpowered, pinwheeling in the wind and creating lift. While I'll never know the exact reason(s) for the crash, culprits may have included insufficient airspeed, too steep a bank angle and what I believe to be the most likely cause, the possible separation of one of the main rotor's servo pushrods at the ball link.

That review can be found here.

I dropped an email to James Friess, my contact at HobbyKing to explain the situation and to possibly request replacement parts. James not only went one better, he went two better. Not only did he send an entire new Super-G from the western warehouse in Oregon, he also forwarded a new Durafly Auto-G2 autogyro plus two Turnigy 1300mAh 3S 20 - 30C li-pos for use as a practice machine!

After a few flights with the Auto-G2 now under my belt primarily spent practicing overall control and landing techniques, I figured that it was time to tackle the Super-G once more.

Read on as I do precisely that after I share my learning curve with the Auto-G2!

Flying the Auto-G2

Since I've already covered the assembly procedure in the first review, I'll only touch on a couple of points and I would ask those who haven't yet read the original thread to please do so. Assembling this model is a cinch; the most time consuming step is setting the alignment of the main rotor head, but with the modification I describe down the page, that critical adjustment is made a whole lot easier to get right. It also makes it a lot more secure.

I assume that the warehouse may have been out of shipping cartons; this replacement came almost completely wrapped in HobbyKing packing tape. Although this made it difficult to find the lid, once I found it and opened the box, everything inside was just as I had expected.

This company does a great job of packing their products for their long journeys from the factories and this new Super-G was no exception. So, should a package from HobbyKing arrive at one's doorstep mummified in blue packing tape embellished with the HobbyKing logo, one shouldn't worry about the contents.

Unfortunately, it would have to stay in the box for quite some time - nearly four months - while I got some practice time with the Auto-G2. In fact, the original Hitec Optima 6 receiver from the first model wound up in the Multiplex ParkMaster PRO I'd reviewed not long after the crash of the Super-G. Suzanne Lepine of Hitec RCD was, as always, kind enough to forward a replacement for this new model to be flown via my Hitec Optic 6 Sport.

Practice time was somewhat limited due to the very windy conditions I often encounter at the Coachella Valley Radio Control Club. Still, perseverance paid off and it wasn't long before I was taking off and landing the G2. As anyone who's ever flown an autogyro can attest, these model aircraft are neither fish nor fowl when it comes to just what they happen to be.

These fly much like an airplane, but coordinated turns with the rudder are absolutely necessary. If anything, the more rudder in many instances, the better. Throttle is exceedingly important as well and the G2 likes a lot, although it tends to climb under high throttle settings and is easily compensated with lower throttle and down elevator.

If that sounds like something one might do when flying a quadcopter, it is. In short, both the G2 and Super-G need a firm hand on the radio and the pilot's undivided attention to make them go where one wants them to go since one might emerge from a turn off course from the original intent.

After a number of practice flights and determined to fly the G2 as it should be flown, I came to the conclusion that a bit of a breeze is one's friend where an autogyro is concerned. It makes getting the main rotor up to speed that much easier and really keeps it spinning while in flight.

Practice indeed makes perfect and I blogged about a flight here.

With that newfound skill and confidence now under my belt, it was time to fly the larger, heavier and faster Super-G once it was assembled.

Getting Ready to Fly the Super-G

With the assembly of the first Super-G behind me, getting this second model ready was a breeze, especially since I didn't have to stop for photos.

The basic airframe went together very quickly since so much of the model was factory assembled. The hardest things I had to face were driving the tight mounting screws for the landing gear, readjusting one of the wheels so that it would spin freely and readjusting the other because of a wobbly axle. I remember thinking that same thing while assembling the first model; having to go back and readjust everything so that it works isn't much of a timesaver. In fact, the wheels are almost haphazardly installed, requiring some work on the part of the modeler to get them functioning properly anyway.

Here are a few photos from that original build:

I managed to run into a self-imposed assembly glitch when I thought it would be easier to adjust the main rotor linkages by removing the ball joints at the fulcrum and using some blue thread locking compound to keep the nuts in place.

Unfortunately, I later discovered that the stuff dissolved the plastic. I was fortunate to have the crashed model on hand, so it was easy to swap in that undamaged fulcrum.

Newer versions of the auto-starts such as the ones I later received and presumably the newer models have their ball joints secured with locking nuts.

Flying...and Crashing Again!

Believing that I'd crashed the previous Super-G because of too much bank, I countered by adding a lot of expo to the main rotor to the tune of about 70 percent with very little bank.

Huge mistake.

Back once more at the club, I was able to launch the new model just fine, but this time the bank angle was quite the opposite as before. It was now too shallow!

While I didn't feel as if the Super-G would stall as did the original may have done, I couldn't get it to properly come around in turns. All the while, it was going further upwind to my right into the desert before I finally lost orientation. In it went, with the sickening thud arriving about a half second later.

It took about twenty minutes for me to track it down and although it was damaged, it wasn't badly so since it came in fairly level. I explained what happened in an email to my new contact Toby Osmond at HobbyKing; he graciously put me in touch with another marketing rep who not only sent the repair parts, he sent extras as well including an extra main blade and two auto-start assemblies with their upgraded ball joints secured with locking nuts! All that were missing was a pushrod for the main rotor which I improvised with beefier pushrods with screw-on clevises and EZ connectors which, as I'd mentioned, allow for simpler and more precise adjustment of the seven-degree tilt of the rotor head.

It also added a lot of insurance; the factory pushrods are of equal length and again, it's entirely possible that the crash of model number one was cause by separation of the rod and ball link in flight.

After about a day of work, autogyro number two was like new once more.

What followed then was week after week of very windy weather yet again; the nearby San Gorgonio Pass is one of the windiest places on earth as well as the site of a massive wind turbine installation.

As things started to settle down, I had two ideas.

One was to contact Super-G expert Rob Mason out of Etowah, North Carolina. Rob is an RCGroups.com user under the mysterious screen name of "RobMason" who flies his own Super-G with modified aftermarket blades. Here's part of his reply regarding how I should have set up the Super-G in the first place:

Ralph - I fly it with as much throw on the head as I can get and 50% expo. It still is a bit unstable in roll, deviating off slowly either way at times. Definitely not a hands or eyes off machine. Plus it still is a bear to determine which way it is going. Unless flown low and close in, orientation is still a problem, but the hard ground is a problem too .

I have as much throw as I can get in the elevator and no expo. Rudder is to specs and no expo.

With the stock blades, keep the turns around 30 or so and coordinate as needed with rudder. You will have to keep the speed up a bit and remember throttle controls climb and elevator controls speed on this thing. You can get behind the power curve , and then hauling back just drops it to the ground. Been there done that.

The other idea was to use some of the extra parts from HobbyKing to resurrect the original Super-G as a practice machine!

Would it work?

With the tube of Foam-2-Foam foam glue which I used to reassemble the second model along with some new main rotor fulcrum parts and the original flex shaft easily straightened out by hand, I set about to find out.

The worst part of the damage was to the landing gear; the mount had been ripped clean out and proved to be difficult to relocate because of distortion to the broken part of the plastic mount inside the fuselage. The foam was slightly squashed as well, so a press fit was out of the question. Thanks to some thirty-minute epoxy and a scrap balsa aileron servo mounting panel from the parts bin trimmed to fit, I had a mount at least as strong if not stronger than the original. It didn't quite seat as far as it had originally done, but it still turned out nice and level with careful positioning.

The glue was used to reattach the winglets on either side of the fuselage which had come loose in the crash, to repair and reattach the slightly damaged wheel fairings and to reassemble the damaged tail surfaces which I'd tried to take apart for storage. I instead wound up doing additional but minor damage to the horizontal and vertical stabs at their mounting areas. Still, most of the factory mounting channel was intact and the tail was reassembled without a hitch.

Frankly, the result was a lot better than I could have possibly imagined. The big change was to the pushrods for the main rotor. Adjusting it to the requisite seven-degree left tilt to the left means unscrewing one of the ball joints much too far out for comfort; again, I can't help but wonder if one had let go in the initial crash!

As previously mentioned, a pair of cut-down Dubro pushrods with metal clevises secured with some scrap fuel tubing and Great Planes EZ connectors on the servo arms replaced the stock rods with their z-bends and ball links. This allowed me a greater range of motion and more precise adjustment of the bank angle. It's also very similar to the factory setup on the Auto-G2 which uses clevises at the fulcrum.

After all this work, I decided the rebuilt original would be the model I would fly once more for this review. I would either be successful as so many before me have been or I'd suffer crash number three. Using the original model as a sort of "sacrificial lamb" meant that the worst I'd be out would be some blades in a crash.

Armed with Rob's setup advice with the addition of 10% expo at the rudder and elevator along with the control surface clevises secured with zip ties, I was ready to try once more.

Taking Off and Successfully Flying!

I was faced with yet another windy morning at the Coachella Valley Radio Control Club when at last I had the opportunity to fly model number one once more on the big 3000mAh battery.

Much as the Auto-G2 before it, the wind was a big help in spooling up the main rotor as I taxied out to the runway. Once the model was lined up, I flipped on the auto-start. The manual suggests first spinning the main rotor by hand, but the rotor had already gathered quite a bit of speed on its own. Although the Super-G likes a lot of throttle at the start, ground handling is a pleasure and it tracks well as it accelerates for liftoff. Now that it was properly set up, the liftoff was a smooth and as graceful as that of the Auto-G2!

The combination of full throttle and the auto-start sent the big autogyro rocketing skyward. Earlier, I'd quoted Rob Mason who wrote that the Super-G tends to climb under throttle and I wholeheartedly agree; it's even more pronounced than the climb of the Auto-G2. Flipping off the auto-start after turning into the pattern and throttling back for some circuits around the pattern gave me back my down elevator control.

Rob's setup tips utterly transformed this once-broken machine which I'd stuffed in its shipping box and all but written off as spare parts. Instead of the threat of loss of control or flying away totally out of control, the reborn Super-G number one now felt like a larger, faster Auto-G2. That said, it's still an autogyro and making it go exactly where I wanted to coming out of turns took a bit of practice. A big case of both butterflies and the shakes didn't help much, but before long, I was pulling off some very graceful coordinated turns much like those I'd do with a helicopter. I certainly remembered to keep the speed up and not to bank it over too far, yet the Super-G still managed to bank with real power and authority.

I should take a moment to say that the sound this model makes is like no other. Both the Super-G and Auto-G2 sound like a combination of a helicopter and an airplane; the blades really do make a sound not unlike that of a helicopter! The considerably larger Super-G combines the sound of a rear-mounted motor spinning over the tail boom with that of helicopter blades beating the air. It's truly one of the coolest sounds in model aviation.

Despite my case of nerves, never once did the Super-G feel out of control. Straight and level flight was precisely that with no hint of porpoising as I'd experienced with the number two model. The question was, could I land it?

Yes.

Remembering that landing the Auto-G2 with the auto-start powered up made it more difficult to touch down, I kept the auto-start off as I lined up into the wind for a landing.

Interestingly, slow and level flight are hallmarks and the original intents of autogyros, whether models or full scale. Super-G number one came in for its first-ever controlled landing practically at a hover with a combination of throttle and elevator keeping things managed. I came down kind of hard on the mains, but other than that, that very first landing was a perfect three-pointer which brought a round of cheers from the spectators. In fact, my repair to the mains held up beautifully; only the aluminum strut was ever so slightly bent on one side.

Armed with newfound confidence and a much better feel for the control and performance, I was more than ready to take it up once more and I did precisely that. It was clear that I still needed some practice to make the model go where I wanted it to go, but my overall control was greatly improved. I still had a bit of the shakes, but not nearly as badly as I did on the first flight. Again, never did I feel as if I would experience a loss of control. It might not have gone precisely where I wanted it to in the air, but it at least went in the general direction in which I'd pointed it and that was good enough for me.

My second landing was even better with more throttle keeping things moving more like an airplane and only a little less like a helicopter. That was the ticket. The Super-G gently touched down for as beautifully executed a three-pointer as was possible. More cheers from the pits as I taxied back to the flight line, grinning like a maniac and pumping my fist in the air!

I returned the following Sunday for the video shoot with club videographer and historian George Muir. Though the temperature was rapidly climbing even at the relatively early hour, the winds were almost still.

With me for this round of flying was my grandson, Stephen. I certainly wasn't about to disappoint him by crashing!

I taxied out once more, fired up the auto-start and hit the gas. The Super-G lifted off as gracefully as it had done a week before with a slight tendency to want to yaw right prior to liftoff. I'll chalk it up to a not-so-direct headwind. That was easily corrected as I turned right into the pattern and flipped off the auto-start. As before, the autogyro wanted to climb under power and this time, I was expecting it. After climbing to a suitable "two mistakes up" altitude, I throttled back to get the model flying straight and level.

I'll be darned if I didn't have another case of the shakes, but I had no reason to be nervous. It was even tracking better than it had thanks to my experience from the previous week, so I settled down as best I could to enjoy the ride. True, this was my self-described sacrificial model, but I really didn't want to crash on tape! Besides, I'd become rather fond of the model and it was more than deserving of being placed back into regular service.

Most of the pilots on hand had seen my first successful attempts and were just as impressed and entertained as they'd been seven days prior. As before, banking under sufficient power followed by application of rudder and elevator made for smoothly coordinated turns.

I turned base to final under power for landing, lined up the Super-G over the runway and once more, I set it down for a wonderfully gentle, almost gravity defying three-pointer to the approval of everyone present, especially my grandson.

Aerobatics and Special Flight Performance

In a video linked below, Rob Mason puts his own Super-G with its modified main rotor through some incredible fast forward flight, slow flight and some unreal stall turns.

It's entirely possible that one might successfully loop a Super-G, but I'm not about to try it anytime soon.

As for the FPV option which replaces the canopy with a lite ply camera tray, I must admit that I sort of pooh-poohed that at first, thinking there'd be no way to fly FPV with this model.

Frankly, I've reassessed that position. An experienced FPV pilot comfortable with flying this model might just have himself or herself a blast!

Is This For a Beginner?

No, but it's certainly a model which a beginner should aspire to fly someday. It flies in a manner all its own; it's neither airplane nor helicopter and as such, it's totally unsuited for a beginning R/C pilot.

An intermediate or advanced pilot should be able to successfully fly a properly set-up Super-G, especially those with CCPM helicopter experience. Still, my suggestion would be for those looking to enter this esoteric discipline of model aviation to consider practicing with an Auto-G2.

With said practice under my own belt, I'm ready to really learn to fly this model well. It's truly like nothing else out there.

Flight Video and Photo Gallery

It was a real rush to put a model which had been written off as a loss back in the air. Here am I flying the Super-G:

HobbyKing Super-G PNF Autogyro for RCGroups.com (2 min 36 sec)

In this video, Rob Mason flies his own Super-G with modified Aerobalsa blades, a 3700mAh battery and his recommended settings:

Hobbyking Super G Autogyro with Aerobalsa blades (5 min 2 sec)

Here's an onboard view shot from Rob's Super-G:

Hobbyking Super G gyro in the wind (6 min 46 sec)

This is HobbyKing's excellent product demonstration video:

HobbyKing Super-G Auto Gyro - HobbyKing Product Video (2 min 44 sec)

George Muir did some nice beauty shots for me:

Conclusion

It's taken two models - or three if one were to count the Auto-G2 - along with several months of trial and error and a lot of repairing and rebuilding. After some long-awaited successful flights with the HobbyKing Super-G PNF autogyro, I can honestly say that I'm really looking forward to polishing my skills.

True, this isn't a model for everyone. It can be unforgiving especially if not properly set up, resulting in the inevitable crash plus the cash outlay for new parts, many of which are frequently backordered.

For those already comfortable with an autogyro and are looking to step up to one of the most unique flying models on the market today, there is simply nothing like the Super-G. It took a lot of blood, sweat, tears and practice, but I've been rewarded with successfully flying the most esoteric model I've ever flown.

Two thumbs up as high as I can give them. I hope that readers of this review considering a Super-G of their own will learn from my own mistakes and enjoy this truly special model without any setbacks.

My infinite and heartfelt thanks first go to Toby Osmond of HobbyKing. Toby is a patient, kind, supportive and understanding individual who was absolutely instrumental in helping to create a successful review. Arranging for the shipping of the Auto-G2, the second Super-G and all of the repair parts was well beyond the call of duty.

Suzanne Lepine of Hitec RCD is unquestionably one of my favorite company reps. Suz has come through for me and this site more times than I can say when it comes to electronics and I simply cannot thank her and the Hitec staff enough. Quality products, quality people.

Very special thanks are due to RCGroups user and autogyro expert Rob Mason. Without Rob's invaluable setup tips and flight instruction, this review might not have been possible. With them, the Super-G flies like a dream. I can never sufficiently thank George Muir of the Coachella Valley Radio Control Club, my peerless partner when it comes to capturing video of these review subjects and as always, he did a superb job.

RCG's own Jason Cole and Michael Heer deserve some kudos since they first guided me back when I received this first model. They're perfect examples of the importance of community here on this site and they represent our community well.

As always, the aforementioned Jason Cole along with Jim T. Graham, Matt Gunn and Angela Haglund man the admin's desk here at RCGroups.com on behalf of our worldwide audience of model enthusiasts. Thanks for stopping by and have fun with your very own HobbyKing Super-G!

Pluses and Minuses

Pluses include:

• A flight experience like no other
  • Outstanding fit and finish
  • Excellent manual
  • Excellent ground handling
  • Very easy to assemble; all of the electronics except a receiver are factory installed
  • Affordably priced
  • Metal geared servos are smooth and precise
  • Rear prop is a standard sized, standard rotation unit
  • Fun to fly when properly set up and looks great in the air
  • Will slow to a virtual hover for incredibly gentle landings
  • All spare parts are available through HobbyKing
  • Plenty of room under the canopy for batteries and a receiver
  • The factory FPV tray should provide an even more unique experience
  • Guaranteed to generate a whole lot of oohs and aahs at the field

Minuses include:

• The manual gives control throws, but no all-important suggestions for expo and the recommended elevator setting is insufficient
  • Difficult to repair; the auto-start tower is sandwiched between the halves of the forward fuselage
  • Replacing the auto-start might also mean replacing the forward fuselage as a result
  • The parts most frequently damaged in a crash are just as frequently on backorder
  • Ball joints and pushrods on the main rotor should be swapped for metal clevises and EZ connectors
Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jul 22, 2016 at 08:39 AM..
Jul 22, 2016, 09:15 AM
Morning Light Mountain
That's a dang good review.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Jul 22, 2016, 10:01 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Great review! I like different/unusual/challenging and this definitely fits the bill.
Jul 22, 2016, 12:57 PM
Shut up and fly
WOW great review
Jul 22, 2016, 01:14 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thanks, fellas! It was a long time coming and it wound up being one of the most challenging reviews I've ever done. The only one more so was trying to mate a 20cc gas engine to a large-scale Nitroplanes biplane designed primarily as an electric. I had to use at least four different online vendors and two locals to pull it off, not to mention a lot of calls back and forth to Nitroplanes' chief engineer.

Figured if I can do that, I can do this! HobbyKing has been nothing but helpful as have the great folks on this site who helped me throughout the process. If I'd have done the pushrod mod and the proper settings the first time out, I'd have finished this a long time ago.

I hope this review helps a whole cadre of future Super-G pilots.
Jul 22, 2016, 10:03 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Nice... I like it.
Jul 24, 2016, 12:15 AM
Plane Nuts
Hey, I get credit for something other than being a bad influence!

My pleasure to help.

Rob
Jul 24, 2016, 12:28 AM
Plane Nuts
These are my two favorite videos

HobbyKing Live - E-Week 2015 - Fan Flight 01 (4 min 39 sec)

Chasing its shadow

hobbyking Super G Autogyro Labor Day 2015 (8 min 23 sec)
Last edited by RobMason; Jul 24, 2016 at 12:41 AM.
Jul 24, 2016, 02:21 AM
Wow didn't even know these things exsisted. Is there a cheap RTF a complete noob could purchase?
Jul 24, 2016, 09:36 AM
Plane Nuts
The Auto G2 (smaller one) is probably easier and a little less quirky to fly. Simply because it is smaller and lighter. I have both as well. They set up just like a plane. Only difference is that the ailerons is the rotor. Left bank leans left, right leans right.

Taking mine out to the field today - it is my everyday "plane"

Rob

Some.other kits out there use a full articulating head up/down, left/right and a fixed (no surfaces) tail. A bit harder to set up since you have to find the proper lean back angle (angle of attack for the blades).
Jul 24, 2016, 05:24 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMason
The Auto G2 (smaller one) is probably easier and a little less quirky to fly. Simply because it is smaller and lighter. I have both as well. They set up just like a plane. Only difference is that the ailerons is the rotor. Left bank leans left, right leans right.

Taking mine out to the field today - it is my everyday "plane"

Rob

Some.other kits out there use a full articulating head up/down, left/right and a fixed (no surfaces) tail. A bit harder to set up since you have to find the proper lean back angle (angle of attack for the blades).
Beat me to it, Rob...and thanks again for the help!

That HobbyKing event video was the one to which I had planned to link, but for some weird reason, I couldn't find it on GooToob.

Fantastic flying and man, you even got it looping and rolling. At some point, I may do the metal head and Aerobalsa upgrade, but I still have some stock spare heads courtesy of HobbyKing. I'm almost certainly going to upgrade the Auto-G2 with that metal head. I'd hoped to get some more stick time on the Super-G earlier today, but it's an oppressively hot and muggy day in the desert.

MIA Micro Flight has some really nice dress-up goodies for the Auto-G and G2 and they told me via email that they have some blades which should work with the Super-G. The goodies include landing gear fairings, a cover for the tower and even a racing helmet which makes the G2 look as if it has a pilot at the sticks.
Aug 02, 2016, 09:39 PM
Would the Auto G2 be recommended as a 1st auto gyro before going for the Super G?
Aug 02, 2016, 09:44 PM
PSALM 14:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2soar
Would the Auto G2 be recommended as a 1st auto gyro before going for the Super G?

IMO yes.

The AutoG2 is smaller/lighter, easy hand launches, etc.
Aug 03, 2016, 05:53 PM
Pronoun trouble...
I agree. It's everything you said and it's an excellent stepping stone to the Super-G.

Just remember to fly it with the rudder as well as the ailerons. I've found that it'll slow to a virtual crawl as you set up to land and it's easier to do so with the automatic start switched off.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Aug 03, 2016 at 06:00 PM.
May 08, 2017, 09:49 PM

Tilt guage

Hi Ralph,
how critical is the tilt angles on the rotor head? I cannot find a copy of the tilt gauge on the HK site. Mine will arrive by the end of the week and I will modify as per you article. Is there a thread dedicated to this machine? I have looked but it eludes me.

Thanks

Ray