Mar 12, 2016, 02:13 PM
Trader Rating: 180
Thread OP
Discussion

My First Bad Experience here on RCG

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2580432
The beginning of this year a member of RCG started a thread that he was looking for work for his new laser cutter he has. I sent him a PM that I needed some ribs cut.After a few PM,s DAILY He was to cut me 3 more sets of the ribs I sent him. I was told the price and that payment though Pay Pal would be fine when he has finished the job.Well it has been 6 weeks now and I have hear nothing from this guy. The last couple of weeks I have sent a PM to him that if he could not do the job then at least return the ribs
He checks in almost daily but he NEVER replies to my PM,s . I had planned on building the plane this winter but it looks like I will never be able to because of this person that I sent the only set of ribs I had for the wing What would you do ??? I brought the kit here on RCG last year and the seller stated the the kit only had one set of the ribs to build one half of the wing.. Thanks in advance for any input !!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2016, 02:22 PM
Thread OP

Message sent to him Jan 30 2016

Re: Wing Ribs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj3
Hi I sent the ribs today Priorty Mail you should receive them Monday. I would like for you to cut 3 of each rib.when finished let me know and I will pay though Pay Pal Thanks Maurice
Got the email, thanks again. I'll keep an eye out for them.
Last edited by mlj3; Mar 12, 2016 at 02:43 PM.
Mar 12, 2016, 02:25 PM
Trader Rating: 325
I feel for ya,but in hindsight and in the future I would have traced the ribs and sent the tracings.don't know why you don't cut them your self not that hard with an xacto knife and a block sander takes about an hour to do a .60 size pattern plane type of wing.
What kit is it if I have it I can trace a set of ribs for you?
Mar 12, 2016, 02:35 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the reply. I wish now, I would of done that,, but I trusted him. I will PM you which kit
No use letting him know what they are for !!
Mar 12, 2016, 04:39 PM
Thread OP
If he has fell on hard times or had a medical emergency I can understand that but at leasts let me know something as stated he checks in about everyday
Mar 12, 2016, 05:03 PM
Trader Rating: 137
I sent him a request for cnc work and he responded but it was delayed due to work, here is the email:
removed due to rules.
Last edited by Waterbound; Mar 12, 2016 at 10:47 PM.
Mar 12, 2016, 05:23 PM
Trader Rating: 105
Addiction Defined
His email was already put up on the original thread that the OP posted.
Mar 12, 2016, 05:41 PM
Trader Rating: 232
Old newb
That is truly a sad tale.

If you have prepaid, it is dispute time.

Otherwise in the title of any PM or email write:

PLEASE SEND MY RIB PATTERNS BACK!

The person is obligated. to return your ribs.

How hard can it be?
Mar 12, 2016, 08:03 PM
Trader Rating: 80
Did you find a set of ribs yet? Let me know what you're looking for and maybe I can help.
Mar 12, 2016, 10:48 PM
Trader Rating: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx_ata2d
His email was already put up on the original thread that the OP posted.
yea, I somehow missed that and was trying to help the OP. I removed due to rules.
Mar 12, 2016, 11:31 PM
Trader Rating: 38
Suspended Account
Sending somebody rib's or any part to be laser cut is really the wrong way. The easiest way is to have the parts drawn up in CAD. Laser is only going to cut anything in " G' code. If he has to do that, that's a lot of time for him to do. If you can't do the CAD then find somebody who can. Then send him the "G" code. The second way would be to trace out the parts on paper. But he still needs to redraw the part in CAD. If he has the ability to scan the part, that saves time but it still has to be imported into CAD. There may be another problem. I know a guy here in Florida that bought a Chinese Laser. It had problems as soon as he got it. The problem was easy and was fixed. Now if the Laser failed again, only this time it's a bigger problem, then he's in trouble. He has no technical capability. I fixed his first problem, but I won't do it again. Anybody that buys anything electronic from China, better have technical abilities, or be prepared to pay $150 an hour or more to have it fixed. And you still may have a problem getting certain parts. Remember the old addage " You Get What You Pay For"
Mar 12, 2016, 11:33 PM
Addiction Defined
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbound
yea, I somehow missed that and was trying to help the OP. I removed due to rules.
Yip, I figured you were helping. At first I thought it was a different email. I didn't know if you may have thought the same so I just posted up
Mar 12, 2016, 11:36 PM
Trader Rating: 38
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx_ata2d
Yip, I figured you were helping. At first I thought it was a different email. I didn't know if you may have thought the same so I just posted up
I see your in Simi. Are you flying at the airfield on the west end of town, next to 118 ? Thats the one where a heavy equipment operaters school moved 1,000,000 yards of dirt on top of a mountain.
Mar 12, 2016, 11:41 PM
Addiction Defined
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMP001
I see your in Simi. Are you flying at the airfield on the west end of town, next to 118 ? Thats the one where a heavy equipment operaters school moved 1,000,000 yards of dirt on top of a mountain.
Yes, that's where I fly most if the time. We have a 25lb weight limit so I have to fly my big birds elsewhere.
Mar 13, 2016, 12:16 AM
Thread OP

This is what he wrote in one of our PM,s

I can scan them, digitally trace them, and laser you identical copies. What wood thickness(es) will you need and how large are the ribs (length x width will work)? That way I can figure out what material costs will be and estimate laser time pretty accurately.
Last edited by mlj3; Mar 13, 2016 at 06:09 AM.

Quick Reply