This thread is privately moderated by TommyClancy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 12, 2016, 01:59 AM
Tomiwa
Thread OP
Help!

please help me am building rc helicopter but i lack the materials

Help me....my name is olatunji tomiwa aka tommyclancy.i lived in ogijo,ogun state NIGERIA.i created this thread to recieve help from rcg users.I am building a rc helicopter but i have no money to buy it online because they are extremely cost.i want anybody to ship the heli materials such as servos.tx and rx's,brushless motors,blades,lipo batteries and chargers,gyros,swashplate,rotor head system (anyone),gears and the others.please i swear am not a scam so,please believe.if you have any old part you are not using please kindly ship it to me.this is my address:19,molatori street,off iyana school road,ogijo,ogun state Nigeria.
Have been this heli right from kid,thinking that i apply more speed it will fly,now that i have understand the basic principle of a rc helicopter i decide to build one but due to the lack of the mechanical and electronics part am unable to make it fly.
So,that why i requested help from here."I AM NOT A NIGERIA SCAM" Please kindly reply to this thread and i hope that i will recieve help!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2016, 01:28 PM
FYI the shipping cost alone would be prohibitive for a lot of people here.

I have donated a lot of stuff free to people, and even paid shipping but this is a tall order.
Mar 12, 2016, 02:43 PM
Pronoun trouble...
I was thinking the same thing.

Here's another problem: Most hobbies require money. R/C helicopters require a lot of money for repairs, upgrades and such.

You will eventually crash a helicopter. It's a given.

It's also going to be nearly impossible to simply cobble together a helicopter from spare parts of different brands. Even if someone were kind enough to ship a working helicopter your way, you don't yet have the skill and money to fly it and repair it. I don't know if you have access to a hobby shop in your area, but they'd be the ones who might best help you. Without a local hobby shop, you're limited to mail order and you won't have the sort of help a hobby shop can offer. All I can find in Ogijo via a Google search are craft shops.

I wish I could be of more help.
Mar 13, 2016, 03:14 AM
Tomiwa
Thread OP
Please,help me in anyway you can.i have been working on making different heli with trials and errors,i haven't set my eyes on those materials and am eager to see them.please if there is anything you can do to help pls do it.am sorry if this might cost you some money but pls do me this favour so that i can achieve my dream,please am begging you
Mar 13, 2016, 03:19 AM
Tomiwa
Thread OP
each time i decide to buy online the amount are not affordable and you should knw the value of dollar has risen here in nigeria which made it impossible for me to buy and yet there is no local hobby shop in nigeria,i guessed that it is available,cheap and affordable in your location.that why i need that help from you
Mar 14, 2016, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyClancy
each time i decide to buy online the amount are not affordable and you should knw the value of dollar has risen here in nigeria which made it impossible for me to buy and yet there is no local hobby shop in nigeria,i guessed that it is available,cheap and affordable in your location.that why i need that help from you
No not cheap at all.

Helicopters are expensive in every scale in every location in every situation.

And yes like he said - you will crash - and when you crash it's a lot of money even to fix and that is if you have access to parts.

Real helicopters require 10 hours of work for every 1 hour of flying

Then crash one and see the cost
Mar 14, 2016, 10:59 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero
No not cheap at all.

Helicopters are expensive in every scale in every location in every situation.

And yes like he said - you will crash - and when you crash it's a lot of money even to fix and that is if you have access to parts.

Real helicopters require 10 hours of work for every 1 hour of flying

Then crash one and see the cost
Exactly right. Helicopters are the most difficult discipline of radio control and the cost of maintaining a full-sized helicopter is anything but inexpensive. My brother is a professional pilot and he owns his own single-engine airplane. Even when I help him with the required maintenance, it's still a lot of money for parts and the professional mechanic's time. I'm allowed to do only so much with an owner-assisted service like that. I can change spark plugs and some other things similar to what you might do to a car, but the mechanic has to do very critical service such as checking the magnetos and setting the ignition timing.

So it goes with flying models. The learning curve means crashes, replacing parts and the cost associated with those crashes.

I admire your willingness to actually build your own model from scratch, but according to your profile, you're unemployed.

Most hobbies are pastimes for those with a bit of extra money which can be budgeted for entertainment. That extra money will determine your level of participation in the hobby.

I just don't see it happening right away, Olatunji. Don't give up your dream, but keep your priorities in order. I assume you live at home with your folks, so if you were to get a part time job, it wouldn't be difficult to save your money for a small ready-to-fly model. In fact, a quadcopter might be a better choice. Small ones are inexpensive and if you buy a name brand, you'll have both product and parts support for that inevitable crash. Quadcopters are also far more forgiving than helicopters, are far easier to service and are a lot more fun than a simple coaxial helicopter.

Good luck, keep dreaming but most importantly, work toward your goals.

PS: I found your blog. Your work is incredibly impressive! It might actually fly with the proper electronics.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Mar 14, 2016 at 11:16 PM.
Mar 15, 2016, 01:10 AM
Tomiwa
Thread OP
Thanks a lot,i see that it is not easy to order all materials all the way here.I only needs those materials to build a helicopter,even if it flies then crashes atleast that should encourage my parent and be proud of me that i know what am doing. i want to become a areonautical engineer in the future am doing this so as to encourage my parent even i will start saving money to get prepared for damages atleast just the materials i need not all part,i mean the electronic parts but the electronics parts does not get damage easily.A quadcopter is not a bad idea because i have once build one by myself using brushed motors thinking that if apply speed it will fly,if i determine to work against quadcopter how will get the materials.
Mar 15, 2016, 07:12 AM
Jungle man flyer
Yep, your work is impressive.
I have a v911 bnf that can serve you for training purposes, but $25 to ship every 50g for me is awful. If other kindly user help me pay the shipping I can send to you. Also other user need to donor the tx and lipos.
Another point: does your country has import limitations? Here sometimes customs goes crazy and tax even a gift package.
Last edited by warlikeofchaos; Mar 15, 2016 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Shipping cost for every 50g = $25.
Mar 15, 2016, 02:09 PM
Tomiwa
Thread OP
@warlikeofchaos ,we also have some importing limitations but not for materials like that of helicopter parts they cant sieze stuff like that easily and should i give my full address and contact details
Mar 16, 2016, 06:14 AM
Jungle man flyer
Hi again Olatunji.
Instead I pay the absurd ship costs from my country to yours, I had a better idea: I can buy on those free shipping worldwide Chinese sites and tell them to drop shipping to you.
Please PM me your contact details. Complete name, full address, state, city and zip code.
Mar 16, 2016, 12:29 PM
Tomiwa
Thread OP

My info and details

Name-Olatunji Tomiwa Mubarak
Mobile no-+2349030693116
State-ogun state
City-ogijo
Address-no 19,molatori street close to "ile gate" house,off fr6 iyana school bustop ogijo,ogun state Nigeria
Zip code-110001 or 23401.if that doesn't work use 00176
if you need for anything please kindly ask.
Mar 16, 2016, 04:27 PM
Jungle man flyer
I've sent 4 generic servos for you through BG. Hope you succeed with your build.
Mar 16, 2016, 05:43 PM
Tomiwa
Thread OP
Thanks.How long will it take to arrive?

Quick Reply